ADVERTISEMENT

So...Which fraternities at UCF are doing well??

KnightrousOxide

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2002
My son became a Knight, and is starting this summer. Will probably go through Fall rush. What is the word on the street? Greek landscape is much different now than when I attended back in the mid 80's.

Sidebar, other than making friends what purpose do frats serve? Has anyone ever gotten ahead in life because they know the secret handshake or they have a paddle hanging up in their office?

I know young, idealistic kids think that frats are their ticket to success after college but old, cynical me doubts it. Am I wrong on this?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Sidebar, other than making friends what purpose do frats serve? Has anyone ever gotten ahead in life because they know the secret handshake or they have a paddle hanging up in their office?

I know young, idealistic kids think that frats are their ticket to success after college but old, cynical me doubts it. Am I wrong on this?
Personally, yes. I have benefited from my fraternity associations. I know many others who it has helped as well, at least in my fraternity. It's helped people get jobs and get deals done.

Reactions: joshwl2003

No you are correct . Anyone who picks people to hire or do business with based on their social organization in college needs to re examine their priorities

Personally, yes. I have benefited from my fraternity associations. I know many others who it has helped as well, at least in my fraternity. It's helped people get jobs and get deals done.

Work experience being equal, if the person hiring was in a fraternity, and sees that you were as well, it can help. Regardless of whether or not you were in the same one..

Work experience being equal, if the person hiring was in a fraternity, and sees that you were as well, it can help. Regardless of whether or not you were in the same one..

It's really not about that. It's more the fact that you'll graduate having a pretty huge network of other people graduating, and these are people who will help you if you're seeking a job or need a favor, etc. If getting ahead is largely thanks to who you know, then it benefits you to build networks that enable that.

The usual suspects will piss and moan about how stupid Fraternities are, having never been in one themselves. It is what it is. I had some of the greatest times of my life in college on "greek events". Absolutely nothing sucks about going downtown in a bus with 60 girls from a sorority.

Before we had BHNS we used to charter buses, meet at Devaneys at 8 am, and pile on the bus with a paired sorority, to head to the Citrus Dump.

Don't let your son join a group of rapist douchebags.

I wasn't greek and I got ahead because of a connection established through the greek system

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT