ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina State

Our OOC is just fine. We can’t predict what a team will be 4-5 yrs down the road. Anybody think when Stanford signed us up the 0-12 sh-tshow would show up for them? We got two mid-tier P5 schools. People act like we are going to cakewalk through these teams. We likely won’t but this is an opportunity to prove ourselves again, and not against the likes of the top tier programs on the road. These are the kind of games we have to regularly win, and then pull some wins over major programs (or st least programs on thier game...like Baylor was at the time)
Exactly. And also, we cannot assume that other teams will be at the same level from year to year. It's looking like SMU, Navy, Cincy and Temple will all be significantly improved next year. Navy's 'new' QB who just stepped in actually looks more dangerous as a runner than the guy he replaced due to injury. I actually like having competitive in conference teams, as it bodes well for the AAC, assuming that each might have a chance at knocking off a P5 or 2, and it projects for better attendance.

Also, I think Houston returns to prominence next year, although we won't play them then. Not sure about Memphis, since they lose Ferguson and their #1 receiver.

It looks like USF will drop offensively, although their defense will probably carry them through enough games to at least compete (unsuccessfully) for the East next year. ECU and UConn will both improve, but still only be at about .500 ball probably.

Look at how much different we are compared to last year. This will happen for several other teams in the AAC next year. Actually, I think we will see that we are forcing other teams to do more to up their game, personnel wise, scheme wise and fitness wise. They see the changes we made and our success, and they know that we are coming back strong in 2018!

They will be very hard to replace...plus Memphis might have a brand new coach staff(again).
I believe the backup QBs for USF have hardly played this year. Flowers plays just about the entire 4 quarters, even if after the outcome is determined. Doesn't actually help the next guys get any experience. I believe that will hurt them next year. But their Defense does project to be solid for next year.

Reactions: Knight_Light
More than SC State, Austin P, FIU, FAU etc. Plus it takes SOS argument away. If we play Duke next year instead of SCSU we can argue against Miami, Clemson or FSU being top 6 at 8-0 and us at 18.
In the next 1-2 years, we will improve our SOS by in conference improvement. Cincy, SMU, Houston, Navy, along with us, will have possibly be ranked and be strong enough to knock off P5 teams. Memphis and USF will reload quickly as well even if they may be off a bit next year.

Of course, we should also supplement AAC quality games with some quality OOC scheduling, but let's not assume that the AAC will not provide any ranked level competition in the coming years.

Let's remember, we weren't world beaters 2 years ago when we scheduled North Carolina and Pitt for 2018. These things can be hard to predict 2-3 years out. Based upon when these games were selected, my sense is that DW did an excellent job with securing NC and Pitt for 2018.

Also, SC State, is underwhelming, but i can understand Frost's thinking of wanting at least 1 game to 'dust the pads off'. Frost doesn't like to have his guys going live against each other too much and getting hurt in practice. So the SC State serves as our one live prep game... we go live, hopefully don't get hurt against an FCS, get to tweak our performance, and get a W in the process.

and how would UCF be able to fund the rest of the Athletic Department?

UCF needs at minimum 6 home games

This is an honest question- how much do we make per home game. Plus, don't the Pussy 5 pay huge? This is from a SBNation article "Louisville will host Charlotte (for $600,000), Iowa will host Miami of Ohio (for $1 million) and Florida will host UMass (for $1.25 million), among scores of other games. The next week, Western Kentucky will earn $1.3 million to visit Alabama."

Do we actually make a million a game? Of course have to think about travel costs too.

This is an honest question- how much do we make per home game. Plus, don't the Pussy 5 pay huge? This is from a SBNation article "Louisville will host Charlotte (for $600,000), Iowa will host Miami of Ohio (for $1 million) and Florida will host UMass (for $1.25 million), among scores of other games. The next week, Western Kentucky will earn $1.3 million to visit Alabama."

Do we actually make a million a game? Of course have to think about travel costs too.
Well 30,000 x $40 = 1.2 Million.
45,000 x $40 = 1.8 million. Of course, some seats cost more, some are less. I am guessing $40 as an average. Then there is food and beverage revenue, parking, etc.

45,000 x $40 = 1.8 million. Of course, some seats cost more, some are less. I am guessing $40 as an average. Then there is food and beverage revenue, parking, etc.
Lowest single game ticket is $45. Season tickets can be had for around $20 per game.

Playing SC State or Samford let's just say 2 mil. Minus paying all of the employees, the team still stays in a hotel, food etc for team and employees. We pay out the small school to take an ass whooping. Many more costs. Ends up with a small profit and the rest of football world doesn't care. We play Duke, UF, Vanderbilt, Pitt... whoever and probably break even but helps our SOS. Which could get us to top 10 faster and help recruiting. You decide which helps the school more. Not the Gameday experience. The school and team.

Playing SC State or Samford let's just say 2 mil. Minus paying all of the employees, the team still stays in a hotel, food etc for team and employees. We pay out the small school to take an ass whooping. Many more costs. Ends up with a small profit and the rest of football world doesn't care. We play Duke, UF, Vanderbilt, Pitt... whoever and probably break even but helps our SOS. Which could get us to top 10 faster and help recruiting. You decide which helps the school more. Not the Gameday experience. The school and team.
Not going to check the math but you have to sell season tickets. Need home games to do that

Not going to check the math but you have to sell season tickets. Need home games to do that
The same people who don't show up to SC St, Samford, AP are going to complain because they aren't on schedule? We already have home and homes set up with P5 teams. 5 or 6 home games is enough. You don't need 7 when people don't show up to 3 of them.

UCF gets much more revenue than 1 million from a home game which is the body bag fee that programs pay to get bad teams to come on the road to play them. It benefits UCF to have more home games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT