ADVERTISEMENT

Spilling the beans...

It's not exciting because it doesn't mean anything. It only means something if he's tied in for 10 years and has a $100 Mill buy out, or he's come out and stated he has a 10 year plan and will never leave until it's all completed. You can sign a guy for $20 mil a year and he could be gone the next day to his "dream job" or someone paying 21 mil. Yes a bit of exaggeration but just giving a guy a raise is nearly meaningless, except we're safe from most if not all G5 teams taking him.

I thought this was about Citronaut making his debut at the first home game. My second thought was they found the Trophy and Heup was going to renew our UConn Rivalry. Nope, The DW got a big PR so hopefully he sticks around a bit.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
It's not exciting because it doesn't mean anything. It only means something if he's tied in for 10 years and has a $100 Mill buy out, or he's come out and stated he has a 10 year plan and will never leave until it's all completed. You can sign a guy for $20 mil a year and he could be gone the next day to his "dream job" or someone paying 21 mil. Yes a bit of exaggeration but just giving a guy a raise is nearly meaningless, except we're safe from most if not all G5 teams taking him.

What it means is that UCF is serious about keeping DW around. It shows a commitment to UCF athletics that no other G5 has made. He is now one of the highest paid ADs in the country. It means that DW will be around for the foreseeable future and that is all you can ask of anyone. If you can only get excited about a guaranteed future you end up with a pretty dull existence.

The increase in pay was probably a lot less
than what we would have had to pay Frost if he stayed vs Heupel. I’m fine with loyalty and accomplishment pay

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Oh snap!

dont-spill-the-beans-judy-sebesta.jpg

Reactions: Psycho Jim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT