ADVERTISEMENT

Spoiled Teens Don't Want Summer Jobs

if i owned a business where my customers were using government issued loans to pay for my services, i would raise my prices as well.
What if you owned a business where your employees had to use government issued funds to pay for your products?

What if you owned a business where your employees had to use government issued funds to pay for your products?
i personally would try to take care of my employees by paying them better. at the same time i would try to find that sweet spot of keeping my prices as high as possible

This is just the start. Artificial Intelligence will be taking jobs away from people, millions of jobs, as drivers, radiologists, insurance adjusters--you name it. This will lead governments to pay unemployed citizens a universal basic income. Book it.

We're years and years away from AI diagnosing cancer or doing operations. Ordering machines are already here. Very different things.

That said, I don't buy this "universal income!!" hysteria. We're basically at a similar point to where society was in the early 1900's where automated production lines were replacing the need to have thousands of people hand assembling stuff. I'm sure there was a thought then that these people would be cast off with nothing to do and no jobs to occupy; but that proved to be false then.

We're years and years away from AI diagnosing cancer or doing operations. Ordering machines are already here. Very different things.

That said, I don't buy this "universal income!!" hysteria. We're basically at a similar point to where society was in the early 1900's where automated production lines were replacing the need to have thousands of people hand assembling stuff. I'm sure there was a thought then that these people would be cast off with nothing to do and no jobs to occupy; but that proved to be false then.

I’m not sure we are that far off. And as for the universal income, it’s not hard to fathom.

Reactions: fabknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT