ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Exactly, Brown is a closer replacement to KJ is than our other QBs, it’s that simple
Right. I’m not saying it was a bad move, I never indicated that.

My issue is the bigger picture with the whole college landscape. Bringing in a transfer almost always causes a ripple effect with HS kids transferring down the road.

So why do schools spend so much time and effort recruiting kids (and their families). And why do we as fans care that much about HS recruiting anymore?

My issue is the bigger picture with the whole college landscape. Bringing in a transfer almost always causes a ripple effect with HS kids transferring down the road.

So why do schools spend so much time and effort recruiting kids (and their families). And why do we as fans care that much about HS recruiting anymore?
It has to do with the theory that competition provides a better product.

Let’s give players a random number based on their ability. Say Rizk is a 80 and Brown is an 85. Now Rizk has to be an 86 to start over Brown. Knowing this, now Brown needs to be an 87. So on and so forth.

Whereas if we never took Brown, then Rizk doesn’t have the incentive to get better, there’s nobody threatening his job….I’m not saying Rizk wouldn’t get better, I’m saying there is the theory that making people compete makes them better.

Peny Boone
🔮🔮(Per Boy Wonder)
200.gif

tumblr_m7ci4aYZfF1qjhjdwo4_500.gif

Gus Malzahn What GIF by ESPN

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be surprised if Cormani goes west. He recently signed with a new NIL agency that only has clients that are west coast based.

He flopped at Ole Miss…4 catches in 2023.

4 catches, but only 2 fewer TD receptions than a WR that the u paid out the azz for.

Gus can get Franklin (ZWR) for pennies on the dollar. All about value, experience, and production with thrifty Gus.

266 catches for 3,386 yards and 38 TDs.

"UTSA transfer receiver Zakhari Franklin, The
Athletic’s
No. 1 best available player in the transfer portal..."

Last edited:

4 catches, but only 2 fewer TD receptions than a WR that the u paid out the azz for.

Gus can get Franklin (ZWR) for pennies on the dollar. All about value, experience, and production with thrifty Gus.

266 catches for 3,386 yards and 38 TDs.

"UTSA transfer receiver Zakhari Franklin, The
Athletic’s
No. 1 best available player in the transfer portal..."

You are beyond a clown. All those articles were penned before he proved himself to be a bust. 38 yards total in 2023 while playing for Kiffin.

You are beyond a clown. All those articles were penned before he proved himself to be a bust. 38 yards total in 2023 while playing for Kiffin.
A bust? Lol. He refused to play to force a redshirt. Ole PISS thought he was turning pro.

He was the No. 1 overall player in the portal last season!

It was a few weeks after the Ole Miss-Auburn game that Franklin made the personal choice not to play versus Georgia, despite dressing and making the trip. His decision was later confirmed by Head Coach Lane Kiffin.

“He did make the trip,” Kiffin said. “I don’t know the plan for him the rest of the year. So, he ended up ‒ by his decision ‒ not playing. So, you’d have to ask him.”

There was belief around the Ole Miss program that Franklin was headed to the NFL Draft following his short stint in Oxford, but instead, he’s decided to hit the transfer portal again with one year left of eligibility.

It’s unclear which schools might be interested in him, or if UTSA would be open to a possible reunion.

EDIT: Good luck buying a safety...

A bust? Lol. He refused to play to force a redshirt. Ole PISS thought he was turning pro.

He was the No. 1 overall player in the portal last season!

It was a few weeks after the Ole Miss-Auburn game that Franklin made the personal choice not to play versus Georgia, despite dressing and making the trip. His decision was later confirmed by Head Coach Lane Kiffin.

“He did make the trip,” Kiffin said. “I don’t know the plan for him the rest of the year. So, he ended up ‒ by his decision ‒ not playing. So, you’d have to ask him.”

There was belief around the Ole Miss program that Franklin was headed to the NFL Draft following his short stint in Oxford, but instead, he’s decided to hit the transfer portal again with one year left of eligibility.

It’s unclear which schools might be interested in him, or if UTSA would be open to a possible reunion.

EDIT: Good luck buying a safety...

I hope for your sake you are not this genuinely stupid. LOL. Going to the draft? Lmao…him and all of his 38 yards are going to the draft. Cool.

the only way to stop this cycle is for Rizk to win the job and be great but I am not even sure Gus runs a true open competition like Huepel did with DG and Wimbush

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
But, but, but AuburnLegacy_1 aka the Gus Malzon Homunculus said that Malzon would bring in former starting wide receivers from the SEC?! Did he lie again?!

To spend what should be a fair amount of NIL money on Boone is curious to me. This does give me the feeling that Harvey has quietly told UCF that he is going to enter the portal but waited til we had an alternative in place. Hope I’m wrong.

Otherwise, surely one of our other RBs who’d expect significant playing time will be transferring. Johnny or Myles Montgomery (who I don’t think signed on to be the 4th RB). Should be an interesting couple of weeks

If
To spend what should be a fair amount of NIL money on Boone is curious to me. This does give me the feeling that Harvey has quietly told UCF that he is going to enter the portal but waited til we had an alternative in place. Hope I’m wrong.

Otherwise, surely one of our other RBs who’d expect significant playing time will be transferring. Johnny or Myles Montgomery (who I don’t think signed on to be the 4th RB). Should be an interesting couple of weeks
If RJ is a grad, then he has until today to turn his papers in. The school will have 48 hours to process…so by Friday everyone will know.

Last edited:
Another Ohio state prospect comes to UCF!!!

We weren’t going to land any high end well known receivers.

We are a run first offense with KJ, RJ, and Peny Boone now, with 2 entrenched WR starters of XT and Kobe H.

Not much production left to go around

Hope not, but it seems Boone was in a tough spot because for some reason transferring to Kentucky didn’t work. Maybe he just took the best team he could?

In terms of the RB running game, Gus doesn't exactly spread the ball around. 1 back gets the bulk, a 2nd sees low single digit touches, any one beyond that may get a carry in 3-4 games all season. On top of that, wouldn't be surprised if KJ Jefferson runs more than Plumlee taking away RB carries.

Harvey and Montgomery are the every down backs.

Richardson is the screen pass/jet sweep/smoke draw/ speed back.

Boone is the thumper in the Wildcat.

Nobody is transferring. Each has a role.

Gus will sell this to all the guys by telling them he will be able to mileage off of them, so they won't be run to death before the 2025 NFL Draft.

Has a running back EVER left Gus for anything other than an NFL opportunity?

Reactions: PhDee
Harvey and Montgomery are the every down backs.

Richardson is the screen pass/jet sweep/smoke draw/ speed back.

Boone is the thumper in the Wildcat.

Nobody is transferring. Each has a role.

Gus will sell this to all the guys by telling them he will be able to mileage off of them, so they won't be run to death before the 2025 NFL Draft.

Has a running back EVER left Gus for anything other than an NFL opportunity?
We’ll find out, happy to be wrong if they all stay. I just don’t see Peny accepting going from a 1400 yard runner at Toledo to merely a wildcat RB

He told Miami no multiple times.

We’ll find out, happy to be wrong if they all stay. I just don’t see Peny accepting going from a 1400 yard runner at Toledo to merely a wildcat RB
UCF has a 250lbs QB, but they are going to change personnel to run wildcat more than they did in 2023? Ok Boone is excited to go from 200 touches in a season to 20-30.

Elko vs. Gus Part Duex

Ja'Varrius Johnson & Zakhari Wilson
Malzon already got stuffed in the locker. Did you see the WR UCF picked up? Dude is not even cleared for practice from last year’s knee injury.

But you said that Ja’Varrius Johnson was a UCF silent commit. Why do you lie so much?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT