ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2024 Transfer Portal Thread

LoboCane

Bronze Knight
Aug 27, 2021
Let’s use this thread to discuss the upcoming Spring portal window. UCF is in need desperate need of OL and WR.

Miami will add a transfer DB, RB and quite possible a top outside WR. Miami’s WR room is very good but Mario will look to maximize Cam Ward in his one year at Miami.

Josh Pate has been saying that the Spring portal is going to be insane…that nobody is safe.

Fans always think about getting guys but losing guys doesn’t usually register before it happens.

There are not many UCF players that would have value but here are a couple to keep your eye on.

The one UCF DL that is sure to get portal attention is Lee Hunter. He’s a big body DT with plenty of production. Teams will go after him and UCF will need to come up with the NIL.

Harvey is sure to get offers and UCF will have to match.

This one will surprise most of you…keep your eye on KJ Jefferson. Yes, KJ Jefferson. Let’s see what program are in need of a veteran QB after Spring practice.

KJ Jefferson went to UCF assuming that Baker and Hudson would be back. Now UCF’s best WR is gonna and the entire WR room lacks proven guys with production. UCF’s OL is also a concern. KJ has one year left to prove himself. A situation to monitor.

Last edited:
KJ Jefferson transferring after one semester would have a devastating effect on this fanbase. Where did you get that from

KJ Jefferson transferring after one semester would have a devastating effect on this fanbase. Where did you get that from
Yeah…absolutely no source or even a rumor. Just my take.

I can see it happening depending on how Spring practice goes and the demand for his services. He was def counting on Baker being at UCF this year.

There are less players available in the Spring window but hopefully we add a WR. I am assuming there is a lot of tampering w players the next month

This loser makes doomsday threads and is shocked no one is conversing.

He gets it from nowhere.
I know more about college football and recruiting than anyone in this site. Lol. All of you here are lifelong G5 fans. You literally know nothing.

Nothing in this thread is “doomsday” related.

There are less players available in the Spring window but hopefully we add a WR. I am assuming there is a lot of tampering w players the next month
It’s going to be crazy. There will be many players available. I am sure Miami will lose a guy or two as well (that we want to keep).

I am good with that…zero programs will keep all the guys they want to keep.

For UCF Timothy McClain is as good as gone. He will never be a starter at UCF. Some G5 program will give him a chance to compete.

I definitely see teams making a move on Lee Hunter. Teams will make a move on Harvey. Those are UCF’s top assets and other programs will try to take them. I am just saying that nobody that has value is safe.

I see what you’re doing with KJ but I do not see that happening at all, mainly because he has publicly stated how much admiration he has for Gus (as hard as that may be for you to believe). If he didn’t have that personal connection with him, I wouldn’t totally discount your theory.

Lee Hunter I believe stays because he originally came over from Gus’ Auburn.

Timmy, I’m surprised is still here as well. I’d think he’d be as good as gone too but I figured if he truly wanted to leave, he’d have left as soon as KJ came over. He may just like being home.

One question I have, is how are these NIL deals structured? Let’s say there was a player, such as Harvey, who’s still here because he got a big NIL deal, but he pulls a Jaylon Robinson and leaves after balling in the spring game. Is his current NIL deal null and void or does he get a certain amount of money up front from that deal that he gets to keep?

Re Harvey I know jumping multiple times is becoming the new normal but he already transferred once . Hopefully he finishes his college career in Orlando

I see what you’re doing with KJ but I do not see that happening at all, mainly because he has publicly stated how much admiration he has for Gus (as hard as that may be for you to believe). If he didn’t have that personal connection with him, I wouldn’t totally discount your theory.

Lee Hunter I believe stays because he originally came over from Gus’ Auburn.

Timmy, I’m surprised is still here as well. I’d think he’d be as good as gone too but I figured if he truly wanted to leave, he’d have left as soon as KJ came over. He may just like being home.

One question I have, is how are these NIL deals structured? Let’s say there was a player, such as Harvey, who’s still here because he got a big NIL deal, but he pulls a Jaylon Robinson and leaves after balling in the spring game. Is his current NIL deal null and void or does he get a certain amount of money up front from that deal that he gets to keep?
I don’t believe KJ is leaving either. I am just saying it’s something to watch. As far as Lee…coming over for Gus is good and all that but I believe he will get offers. UCF will need to match. He’s a big DT that can move and has a history of production. There are not too many DTs like that.

Anyways, Gus is up to his old paranoid self. You see zero videos of KJ and nobody is talking about him or giving analysis of what they see from him in practice. Has he even been made available for interviews after practice?

This is not by chance…it’s Malzon’s doing. The Orlando press is as docile as there is in the nation. Gus is having his way without anyone to ask hard questions or challenge him.

If a top outside WR is available Miami will make a move…just to give CW every weapon possible.

Miami will get a DB, not to start but for depth. Miami will add a veteran RB for depth. Also, a veteran DE for depth. I believe that’s it.

Again…UCF needs WRs badly. They have Hudson and that’s it. Not enough.

UCF needs multiple transfer OL. That room is a mess.

I don’t believe KJ is leaving either. I am just saying it’s something to watch. As far as Lee…coming over for Gus is good and all that but I believe he will get offers. UCF will need to match. He’s a big DT that can move and has a history of production. There are not too many DTs like that.

Anyways, Gus is up to his old paranoid self. You see zero videos of KJ and nobody is talking about him or giving analysis of what they see from him in practice. Has he even been made available for interviews after practice?

This is not by chance…it’s Malzon’s doing. The Orlando press is as docile as there is in the nation. Gus is having his way without anyone to ask hard questions or challenge him.

You are a clown.

It's cute how you get your talking points from the Dungeon.

Last edited:
From what Dungeon dummy? I am not a paying member of this site and I have no idea of what’s said there.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 90Knight
Miami is definitely going to be aggressive in the Spring portal…should be a fun time.

Malzon has spots all over the place that he needs to address (huge needs at OL and WR). Any of you contributing to Kingdom NIL? You should…kids are not going to UCF to see you bounce.

I just saw this thread because I have Bozo on ignore and any new thread he makes is invisible to me. But since he started a thread, I will make a contribution.

No. 1, Any of you who seriously think any big guns from UCF are jumping ship need to think again. UCF took an Army of 3 Stars in the winter because it spent BIG money to keep Harvey, Hudson, and Baker in the fold. Do you really think any team is going to pony up more money in the spring than in the winter? Not going to happen. Unlike Bozo, I don't anticipate a loud spring portal.

No. 2, Gus and UCF are in position structurally and financially to add players. The Knights have 75 players on scholarship. On offense, UCF has needs two WRs (slot and X), 2 or 3 offensive linemen (left tackle depth, right guard, and right tackle), and possibly an all-around tight end. On defense, UCF needs a defensive end or two and an impact edge rusher and possibly a true free safety. On special teams, UCF could use a kick returner.

No. 3, UCF needs to move on from a few guys. I expect 1 or more of Xavier Williams, Patrick Barnett, Ja'Maric Morris, Jason Duclona, TJ Bullard, or Jordan Davis to move on.

EDIT: No. 4, If there is a traitor, who is a major contributor, among the Knights, then he hails from the same original school as Javon Baker. Mark my words: NEVER trust a bammer.

Here are some guys worth monitoring...

RG

RT

LT

SDE

Pass-rushing DT

Last edited:
I just saw this thread because I have Bozo on ignore and any new thread he makes is invisible to me. But since he started a thread, I will make a contribution.

No. 1, Any of you who seriously think any big guns from UCF are jumping ship need to think again. UCF took an Army of 3 Stars in the winter because it spent BIG money to keep Harvey, Hudson, and Baker in the fold. Do you really think any team is going to pony up more money in the spring than in the winter? Not going to happen. Unlike Bozo, I don't anticipate a loud spring portal.

No. 2, Gus and UCF are in position structurally and financially to add players. The Knights have 75 players on scholarship. On offense, UCF has needs two WRs (slot and X), 2 or 3 offensive linemen (left tackle depth, right guard, and right tackle), and possibly an all-around tight end. On defense, UCF needs a defensive end or two and an impact edge rusher and possibly a true free safety. On special teams, UCF could use a kick returner.

No. 3, UCF needs to move on from a few guys. I expect 1 or more of Xavier Williams, Patrick Barnett, Ja'Maric Morris, Jason Duclona, TJ Bullard, or Jordan Davis to move on.

EDIT: No. 4, If there is a traitor, who is a major contributor, among the Knights, then he hails from the same original school as Javon Baker. Mark my words: NEVER trust a bammer.

Here are some guys worth monitoring...

RG

RT

LT

SDE

Pass-rushing DT

Why are you such a beta that you qualify your post here in an attempt to please the UCF fans. You don’t have me on ignore and never will. The UCF fans don’t like you and for good reasons…you are here to simp for ole Gus. The only thing you have for UCF and its fans is contempt. Cut the crap out and just post.

Why are you such a beta that you qualify your post here in an attempt to please the UCF fans.
Episode 7 Shade GIF by The Bachelor

The only reason I saw this thread was your dumb self made a post at 9:53 pm and it was listed under the forum link as the newest post by "ignored".

Episode 7 Shade GIF by The Bachelor

The only reason I saw this thread was your dumb self made a post at 9:53 pm and it was listed under the forum link as the newest post by "ignored".
Cut the crap and grow a pair. These people don’t like you and don’t be afraid to be on anyone’s little ignore list. That’s snowflake mentality and you are an old dude.

Also, why are you wasting time posting about guys that entered the portal already? If there were any mutual interest they would have visited already. They can OV right now.

Back on topic. Miami has enough talent in all areas but will be looking for high depth or an elite player. Miami will be aggressive in the portal…that’s per Mario.

Paranoid Gus pretending like he has a squad ready to go. Anyone that knows ball is aware that UCF will get, at least, 10 guys in the Spring portal. The current roster is good for 5-6 wins tops and that’s with KJ who is much better than the last guy.

Cut the crap and grow a pair. These people don’t like you and don’t be afraid to be on anyone’s little ignore list. That’s snowflake mentality and you are an old dude.

Also, why are you wasting time posting about guys that entered the portal already? If there were any mutual interest they would have visited already. They can OV right now.
Every player, save the Auburn WR, entered the portal after the winter portal closed. UCF doesn't announce every visit it holds. It is reasonable to think UCF has already met with some guys.

Also, who are you calling "old?"

Every player, save the Auburn WR, entered the portal after the winter portal closed. UCF doesn't announce every visit it holds. It is reasonable to think UCF has already met with some guys.

Also, who are you calling "old?
Bro…you literally date yourself with your posts. Writing things such as “a three year letterman”. Nobody that’s younger than 60 writes that.

Anyways…is it hard for you to understand that the guys that entered the portal after December are graduates. Graduates can enter at any time. Also, visits are open.

If there were mutual interest between UCF and those guys you just posted about they would be visiting already. They don’t have to wait until 4/15 to visit. Do you understand?

Anyways, once the portal opens (4/15) it remains open for 15 days…meaning players can enter during that time. They don’t have to visit or commit during the 15 days…once they are in the portal they can visit during the contact months. Same goes for enrolling (that would be on the school and its deadlines).

PLAYERS ALREADY IN THE PORTAL CAN TAKE VISITS RIGHT NOW. THEY DONT HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL April 15 (the next window for non graduates to enter).

Recruits have been taking unofficial visits for over a month and they can take OV right now (Seniors). This goes for anyone already in the portal. GOT IT? Understand?

Last edited:
Bro…you literally date yourself with your posts. Writing things such as “a three year letterman”. Nobody that’s younger than 60 writes that.

Anyways…is it hard for you to understand that the guys that entered the portal after December are graduates. Graduates can enter at any time. Also, visits are open.

If there were mutual interest between UCF and those guys you just posted about they would be visiting already. They don’t have to wait until 4/15 to visit. Do you understand?
Perhaps you missed the part that said...

"UCF doesn't announce every visit it holds."

I am a former football coach. If a player plays in 75 %, of games, they earn a letter. Thus, they are letterwinners.

You use the term "shrill." WTH is that?
No. Players who had coaching changes after the portal closed are not "graduates."
UCF DOES NOT publicize all of its visits. They "may" have visited. I don't know. Neither do you. Knowing Gus, he is going to play portal visits and offers close to the vest for as long as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: All Knight
Perhaps you missed the part that said...

"UCF doesn't announce every visit it holds."
Bro…quit the nonsense. None of the Gus you posted are relevant to be secretive about them visiting.

UCF doesn’t need to “announce” anything. If you knew a little bit about how recruiting works, you would know that.

Bro…quit the nonsense. None of the Gus you posted are relevant to be secretive about them visiting.

UCF doesn’t need to “announce” anything. If you knew a little bit about how recruiting works, you would know that.
I don't know why I respond. I am the dummy for making a conversation out of your nonsense.

UCF and Gus are going to bring guys in quietly and secretly (i.e., "under the cloak of darkness") "IF" UCF and Gus fear/suspect that bringing in a bunch of transfers could lead to projected starters jumping in the portal.

You cannot honesty think that paranoid Gus will risk inciting a current Knight who can actually help the program into hitting the portal out of fear of losing his spot.

Let me say this again ... JOE PUBLIC WILL NOT KNOW OR BE MADE AWARE ABOUT EVERY TRANSFER WHO VISITS ORLANDO.

That is as clear as I can make it.

Yes, some info will get out. But my guess is d*mn near 75% or THREE-FOURTHS of the transfer visits will be kept under wraps if possible.

All that withstanding, UCF may have zero interest in the guys I mentioned.

Last edited:
He had 41 tackles, 1 TFL and four pass breakups in 2022 and was a Top 10 tackler for UCF.

He DNP in 2023 due to not being medically cleared.

He is NOT a bust.
You literally post the most ridiculous crap. A top ten tackler for UCF. A bust…like most of the transfers Gus Malzon has brought in.

Malzon has no idea how to build a roster or a coaching staff. UCf has money to get a top transfer WR…Baker was going to get $350K.

But then Gus hires Tim Harris (a good coach) as OC and WR coach. Tim never played WR and has never coached that position at any level. What top WR transfer is coming? I’ll wait.

I’ll put it very simple. No hype, no b.s. and no hate…UCF needs to bring in ten quality transfers in the upcoming portal window or you all will be looking at 4-5 wins this year.

Gus Malzahn brought in 16 transfers in the December portal window…none ranked above a 3*.

KJ Jefferson was a great addition for UCF…he’s a very good QB. Two things: KJ is no Cam Newton…Cam Newton is an athletic freak of the highest level. What Cam Newton had is not something that can be coached or developed and it had nothing to do with Gus Malzahn.

KJ doesn’t have enough around him now at UCF to win: he has one proven receiver, there’s not enough viable OL bodies now at UCF to even make a patchwork OL…don’t even mention OL depth because it simply doesn’t exist. GM brought in a few transfers at TE in Dec…none of them a proven, quality addition.

KJ doesn’t have the weapons he needs right now. Please don’t mention freshmen WR when UCF needs proven talent to help KJ. Again, I like KJ but he simply doesn’t have what he needs right now to succeed.

Harvey is a super productive and a very good/excellent college RB. He simply doesn’t project well in the NFL , but he’s a very, very good college RB. Harvey has one year of college play left. Guess what? He’s going to look to maximize his year in every aspect…specially making coin for himself and his family.

Team are sure to make a run at him and offer him a big NIL deal…UCF needs to be ready to match, simple as that.

The Spring portal window is going to be exciting but it can cut both ways.

I am a former football coach. If a player plays in 75 %, of games, they earn a letter. Thus, they are letterwinners.

You use the term "shrill." WTH is that?

No. Players who had coaching changes after the portal closed are not "graduates.

UCF DOES NOT publicize all of its visits. They "may" have visited. I don't know. Neither do you. Knowing Gus, he is going to play portal visits and offers close to the vest for as long as possible.
He calls you a shill. Gus’ shill.
/ (ʃɪl) / noun. slang a confidence trickster's assistant, esp a person who poses as an ordinary customer, gambler, etc, in order to entice others to participate.
The term started a few years ago by retail investors talking about stocks. A shill would try to dissuade people from investing in certain stocks so the price goes down and Shorter’s win.

Teams will be looking for interior DL in the portal. Barber and Lee? KingdomNIL has to step up.

I’ll help AL1 and drop a really good name that UCF should consider. Syracuse WR Damien Alford. He will be officially in the portal on 4/15.

Dude is 6’6” and 210 pounds. Set single-season career best marks with 33 catches, 610 yards and three touchdowns ... Started all-13 games ... Team captain ... Led team in receiving yards (610) and his 33 catches was second among the receiving corps.

Rumor that he got dismissed for missing workouts…still a dude that can be a difference maker.

Last edited:
I’ll help AL1 and drop a really good name that UCF should consider. Syracuse WR Damien Alford. He will be officially in the portal on 4/15.

Dude is 6’6” and 210 pounds. Set single-season career best marks with 33 catches, 610 yards and three touchdowns ... Started all-13 games ... Team captain ... Led team in receiving yards (610) and his 33 catches was second among the receiving corps.

Rumor that he got dismissed for missing workouts…still a dude that can be a difference maker.

I did not mention him because I watched his film and he is slow for the B1G.

I did not mention him because I watched his film and he is slow for the B1G.
Lol. Alford is 6’6”. He’s a proven WR and a better option for UCF than ln anyone in the roster not named Hudson.

You think Whittemore is better than him? LOL.

Last edited:
Lol. Alford is 6’6”. He’s a proven WR and a better option for UCF than ln anyone in the roster not named Hudson.

You think Whittemore is better than him? LOL.

You are looking at it all wrong.

Gus has a "type."

UCF is going to chase a long, rangy speedy deep threat X WR like Bryson Rodgers. (Think Ricardo Lewis.)

The Knights will almost certainly sign a dynamic slot WR like Ja'Varrius Johnson, who is capable of lining up at several positions.

Gus/UCF isn't going to hit the portal chasing a bunch of kids "better than" Trent Whittemore, who Gus treats like a big Y / flex TE. (Think Philip Lutzenkirchen or CJ Uzomiah.)

No, Gus/UCF will be going after guys with a certain niche. There is no shortage of guys who are "better than" Trent Whittemore.

Last edited:
Great potential transfer for UCF. Capable of being a backup at a tackle spot and stepping into a starting role if a starter goes down.

Another potential transfer option is Dematrius Davis, provided he is willing to change positions and sign as an athlete. He could be a star on special teams, excel at trick plays, and spot play slot receiver or defensive back. He is a truly incredible athlete. He could play the role Woody Barrett played in 2021.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT