ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2024 Transfer Portal Thread

You didn't guess the other silent commit.
Riley is a silent commit. Everyone knows that. Anyways, Malzon and his boy, Hand The Rapper, signed a TOTAL of seven high school OL in three full classes and developed zero of them…this is just cause for FIRING them.

UCF has two scholarships remaining. UCF needs a slot WR, versatile OL (G/T), and versatile edge.

Who will the Knights sign with those final two spots?
They absolutely DO NOT need another receiver, good grief. A run-heavy offense loaded up at RB (with a QB that can run), relax with the WR talk. We are more than fine there. We have Townsend in the slot, he’s going to continue to be featured more. And I like Magwood to make a leap this year as well.

This team has depth everywhere except OL. If they’re bringing anyone in, it has to be on the line. The portal OL additions this year have been rather uninspiring.

They absolutely DO NOT need another receiver, good grief. A run-heavy offense loaded up at RB (with a QB that can run), relax with the WR talk. We are more than fine there. We have Townsend in the slot, he’s going to continue to be featured more. And I like Magwood to make a leap this year as well.
Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

The portal OL additions this year have been rather uninspiring.

Two major knee surgeries

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

At least Gus is targeting an Edge and OL.

Last edited:

This team has depth everywhere except OL. If they’re bringing anyone in, it has to be on the line. The portal OL additions this year have been rather uninspiring.
AL1 doesn’t know all that much but he knows enough to know that UCF needs, at least,
one proven receiver.

AL1 doesn’t know all that much but he knows enough to know that UCF needs, at least,
one proven receiver.
I have agreed with EVERY DECISION Gus has made in this portal window.

Steal of the Spring Window has to be Beny Poone. Rich get richer with Gus adding a bona fide SEC caliber back.

giphy.gif

Landing walk-on snapper Jack Berstein -- LOVE IT

Grabbing two Cover 2 safeties in Sheldon Arnold II and Ohio State's Cedrick Hawkins -- LOVE IT

Circling back to versatile DB Tre'Quon Fegans -- LOVE IT

Finding a potential starter at Edge in Nyjalik Kelly -- LOVE IT

(All of the DBs are 5-11+, 180+. No more 5-8, 155 pounders please.)

Big, physical X WRs were few in this cycle, but Gus landed a kid who grew 40 miles away from KJ Jefferson and the two faced off against each other every year of prep careers at rival programs, so the familiarity and camaraderie is there with WR Jacoby Jones -- UNDERSTAND IT

Gus found a 6-4, 230 insurance policy for KJ in Jaccuri Brown, who is probably capable of playing some wide receiver or flex tight end (See New Mexico State QB/TE Eli Stowers) -- UNDERSTAND IT

Anything is possible, so it is best to be prepared:

ARK-MIZZOU-FB-2023-020_t800.JPG

But,...

I cannot agree with Gus taking scrubs with the final two scholarships. He needs to hold out for talent.

By the way, I anticipate Troy Ford, Jr will be moved to EDGE in fall camp to balance out numbers.

Reactions: B R Knightz2
I have agreed with EVERY DECISION Gus has made in this portal window.

Steal of the Spring Window has to be Beny Poone. Rich get richer with Gus adding a bona fide SEC caliber back.

giphy.gif

Landing walk-on snapper Jack Berstein -- LOVE IT

Grabbing two Cover 2 safeties in Sheldon Arnold II and Ohio State's Cedrick Hawkins -- LOVE IT

Circling back to versatile DB Tre'Quon Fegans -- LOVE IT

Finding a potential starter at Edge in Nyjalik Kelly -- LOVE IT

(All of the DBs are 5-11+, 180+. No more 5-8, 155 pounders please.)

Big, physical X WRs were few in this cycle, but Gus landed a kid who grew 40 miles away from KJ Jefferson and the two faced off against each other every year of prep careers at rival programs, so the familiarity and camaraderie is there with WR Jacoby Jones -- UNDERSTAND IT

Gus found a 6-4, 230 insurance policy for KJ in Jaccuri Brown, who is probably capable of playing some wide receiver or flex tight end (See New Mexico State QB/TE Eli Stowers) -- UNDERSTAND IT

Anything is possible, so it is best to be prepared:

ARK-MIZZOU-FB-2023-020_t800.JPG

But,...

I cannot agree with Gus taking scrubs with the final two scholarships. He needs to hold out for talent.

By the way, I anticipate Troy Ford, Jr will be moved to EDGE in fall camp to balance out numbers.
Another losing season loading for UCF and it’s on Malzon. Roster full of DBs, QBs and RBs. Where are the OL?

So glad our future conference rival Canes were #1 in the portal this go around..it bodes well for their entry into the New Big 12 in 2025. Hopefully they can handle business in the swamp to open 2024 and get some momentum going for 2025. We need conference mates that can beat SEC teams. Big 12 Baby!!!

one proven receiver.
They have two, Hudson and Townsend.

I think we will also see some additional 21 (2RB) and 12 (2TE) personnel next year to account for our talent-level and depth at RB (thus, needing less WR depth).

So glad our future conference rival Canes were #1 in the portal this go around..it bodes well for their entry into the New Big 12 in 2025. Hopefully they can handle business in the swamp to open 2024 and get some momentum going for 2025. We need conference mates that can beat SEC teams. Big 12 Baby!!!
I want UF to win. So when we beat them it looks better.

"There are numerous OL available in the transfer portal. Many of the available OL are on the interior. Miami has reportedly contacted USC transfer C Jason Zandamela."

"Zandamela would be a long-term developmental player behind Carpenter."

Ucf is getting a commit today from a guard/ center

Ucf is getting a commit today from a guard/ center

"Smith had an instant impact to the program as he played in 12 games as a true freshman in 2021. That team was 9-4 and had the nation’s leading rusher in former CMU running back Lew Nichols III. "

"In his sophomore year, Smith suffered an injury that made him miss the entirety of the 2022 season. In 2023 he started in 11 of 12 games on the line. The only game he missed was against Ohio, after he sustained an injury the week prior against Western Michigan"

Last edited:
Looking at the projected depth chart for 2024, the only position with ZERO depth is left tackle behind Amari Kight.

UCF has Caden Kitler, Jabari Brooks, and possibly Waltclaire Flynn as options at center; Adrian Medley, Brooks, and Cameron Kinnie at left guard; Marcellus Marshall and now Keegan Smith at right guard; and Paul Rupelt and Wes Dorsey at right tackle.

The only option at left tackle is redshirt freshman Keyon Cox, a high-ceiling developmental player who *may* not ready to play if his number has to be called.

Would be nice to have two-year rental Texas A&M transfer and "Hometown Hero" Derrick Graham on the roster at left tackle instead of Patrick Barnett. Just saying.

Last edited:
Looking at the projected depth chart for 2024, the only position with ZERO depth is left tackle behind Amari Kight.

UCF has Caden Kitler, Jabari Brooks, and possibly Waltclaire Flynn as options at center; Adrian Medley, Brooks, and Cameron Kinnie at left guard; Marcellus Marshall and now Keegan Smith at right guard; and Paul Rupelt and Wes Dorsey at right tackle.

The only option at left tackle is redshirt freshman Keyon Cox, a high-ceiling developmental player who *may* not ready to play if his number has to be called.

Would be nice to have two-year rental Texas A&M transfer and "Hometown Hero" Derrick Graham on the roster at left tackle instead of Patrick Barnett. Just saying.
Marshall will probably start at tackle. That’s where he started last year before he was moved inside due to injuries in the interior.

Marshall will probably start at tackle. That’s where he started last year before he was moved inside due to injuries in the interior.
You may very well be correct.

Marshall can play inside or outside. If you put Marshall at RT, does Smith automatically start at RG? If so, what becomes of Rubelt? Does he slide back over to left tackle to back up Kight? If so, what becomes of Brooks? That dude is too fat to play guard. He ain't a biscuit under 350!

artworks-000505659360-7lpl8z-t500x500.jpg

I am guessing you are thinking the following:

LT: Kight/Rupelt
LG: Medley/Kinnie
C: Kitler or Flynn
RG: Smith/Brooks
RT: Marshall/Dorsey

That gets the best 5 on the field. I suspect Kitler will have to work to keep the starting gig at center, though. He didn't do anything during the spring to lost it at least.

I do, however, find it interesting that UCF was primarily targeting guys who played guard and center. Deion quietly got a potential starter at guard.

You are writing names of guys that are no good.
Lol. UCF has zero viable OL…none. Keep posting nonsense. You are the same goofball that last year said UCF’s floor was seven wins.

Some things starting to make sense.

The only reason that dude has a job is because he’s a Gus Malzahn lackey. He has signed a total of seven high school OL in three full classes and just brought in a guy that won’t play a down. Dude only had G5 offers and UCF.

The OL is a disaster. Spending all the money in DBs and RBs and getting nothing for the OL.

The only reason that dude has a job is because he’s a Gus Malzahn lackey. He has signed a total of seven high school OL in three full classes and just brought in a guy that won’t play a down. Dude only had G5 offers and UCF.

The OL is a disaster. Spending all the money in DBs and RBs and getting nothing for the OL.
Your time spent on this site is a disaster.

The OL will be solid just like every year Gus has been here.

Mathews Gaining Strong Interest from Transfer Portal

While former Texas A&M Aggies safety Jacoby Mathews' time in College Station has come to a close, he's gaining momentum in the transfer portal

Now, at least 12 teams are showing interest in Mathews' services. On3 reported Pitt, Washington, Oregon, Cal, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Penn State, Michigan, Houston, Central Florida and Ohio State have all showed interest in Mathews.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Addison Williams "ain't scared" to recruit a DB.

DBUCF!!!

UCF 24 transfers and a transfers class of #22.

LOL. Dude was wanted by everyone…unlike the guys UCF and Malzon are bringing in.
Be consistent.

If you are (a) going to flex "child rankings," i.e., "Was the Top Available DL in the Portal (per On3 Industry), then (b) you also must acknowledge that the same children rate UCF's portal class as the a Top 10 nationally.

I will acknowledge that both (a) and (b) are both ABSOLUTELY meaningless.

Who GAS about some slow B1G paymaker who won't accomplish jack squat in south florida?

Be consistent.

If you are (a) going to flex "child rankings," i.e., "Was the Top Available DL in the Portal (per On3 Industry), then (b) you also must acknowledge that the same children rate UCF's portal class as the a Top 10 nationally.

I will acknowledge that both (a) and (b) are both ABSOLUTELY meaningless.

Who GAS about some slow B1G paymaker who won't accomplish jack squat in south florida?
I said nothing about Barrow’s transfer ranking from any service other than it’s meaningless. LSU, FSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Texas wanted dude badly.

FACT: UCF (so far) has brought in 24 transfers with more coming. Absolutely, nobody that’s relevant wanted a transfer player that committed to UCF. This should be easily understood? Right? Got it?

I said nothing about Barrow’s transfer ranking from any service other than it’s meaningless. LSU, FSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Texas wanted dude badly.

FACT: UCF (so far) has brought in 24 transfers with more coming. Absolutely, nobody that’s relevant wanted a transfer player that committed to UCF. This should be easily understood? Right? Got it?
Well I turn on the film and I see #77 base blocking the sh*t out of #8, making him a nonfactor, and I look on the box score that says Barrow had a solo tackle (granted it was a sack) and an assist.

But what is head-to-head worth right?

Barrow,Simeon 1 solo 1 assist 2 total 1.0/7

Last edited:
Well I turn on the film and I see #77 base blocking the sh*t out of #8, making him a nonfactor, and I look on the box score that says Barrow had a solo tackle (granted it was a sack) and an assist.

But what is head-to-head worth right?

Barrow,Simeon 1 1 2 1.0/7

What a dummy…trying to find lowlights of a player online. LOL. Gus Malzon bringing in those UNRANKED transfer players with only G5 offers.

Word is that Miami is NOT done with the portal.
UCF and Malzon with ONE scholarship left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT