ADVERTISEMENT

***Spring Practice: Day 5***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
A noticeable absence at today's practice. GOL was not there, he had to travel out of state due to a personal family issue. He should return in time for Saturday. As such, Brent Key ran the practice as acting head coach.

Team was in shorts today, going a little bit "lighter" in advance of Saturday's scrimmage. Warm-up music: "Don't Believe Me, Just Watch." I think that's the name of the song, it's on constantly.

No depth chart changes through the first five days. And just like that, spring practice is 1/3 of the way completed.

Among the notable plays: Justin Holman connected with fullback Joseph Puopolo on a 20-yard route. I'm not sure how often we'll see that in game (like, never) but it was fun to see. Defense (particularly Spencer and Killings) seems to enjoy giving it to Stanback. Friendly competition/chatter I guess you could say. Kind of unremarkable day though. That should change with the scrimmage on Saturday.

Most interesting observation: Chris Davis is working as the No. 1 punt returner.

Deserves recognition: As I was heading back to the car after interviews, I noticed a player still working by himself out on the practice field. It was No. 83 walk-on WR Tristan Reaves, doing some route running, etc. This was maybe 20-30 minutes after the conclusion of practice when most players were heading to lunch.

A group of coaches from Duncan (S.C.) Byrnes, the high school powerhouse, attended the practice.

Some chatter from the aftermath of Pro Day: Jacoby Glenn was somewhat unremarkable, not helping his case all that much, while Justin Tukes put up some very solid numbers.

This post was edited on 3/26 5:20 PM by Brandon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News