ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium noise

It sounds loud and was rocking in the first half but I think USF last year was a little bit louder. That was a closer back and forth which I think helped keep the crowds energy up all game.

No doubt!
I’m really proud of our fans tonight. I planned my entire day to have the energy to be ridiculously loud and left it all out there. I even took caffeine pills to be completely honest. People were even screaming on the last drive with about 3 minutes left. Impressive

I’ve never have heard so much noise as in the first series on defense in all the years that I’ve been attending sporting events.

It's simple ...
  • Stands very close to the field (far, far closer than others)
  • Enclosed stadium, with echoing aluminum
That's how 47K sounds like 70K.
Remember, we pack 47K in much, much closer than other stadiums pack in <45K in their lower bowl.

I've been to virtually all the Big 10 teams we've played (e.g., Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State), several ACC (Clemson, VT, etc... which aren't that big) and several Big XII stadiums (K-State, Texas). I'll take Spectrum over most of them.

I think I've only heard Penn State louder. Ohio State is big, but doesn't echo remotely as much. Michigan is hard to evaluate, because they blew us out early. Clemson and VT were not very impressive.

Quote from a Sentinel Article. I had started another thread about it and didn't see this thread. The players quotes gave me goosebumps. I was there man!

"Many of the players said they were able to feed off the energy of the announced crowd of 47,795 in attendance at Spectrum Stadium.
“Knight Nation was unreal,” Connors said. “That was the loudest … even away games, when we were at Michigan or South Carolina … that was the loudest stadium I’ve ever been in.

“That was why they [Cincinnati] get six or seven false starts [penalties] and that’s all credit to them. They couldn’t hear. I’m right there next to the center and they’re yelling at each other. They don’t know what’s going on. I give so much credit to them.”

Killins, added “Starting off the game, they got a lot of penalties for us and I'm pretty sure the defense loved that … so shout out to Knight Nation. We love you and we’re going to keep this ball rolling.”

Quarterback McKenzie Milton said the crowd helped energize the offense as well.

“There's a lot of energy and in that stadium, tonight and I'm very thankful for Knight Nation, a sold-out crowd. It was electric there,” he added."

Reactions: Raynman
It's simple ...
  • Stands very close to the field (far, far closer than others)
  • Enclosed stadium, with echoing aluminum
That's how 47K sounds like 70K.
Remember, we pack 47K in much, much closer than other stadiums pack in <45K in their lower bowl.

I've been to virtually all the Big 10 teams we've played (e.g., Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State), several ACC (Clemson, VT, etc... which aren't that big) and several Big XII stadiums (K-State, Texas). I'll take Spectrum over most of them.

I think I've only heard Penn State louder. Ohio State is big, but doesn't echo remotely as much. Michigan is hard to evaluate, because they blew us out early. Clemson and VT were not very impressive.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: UCFBS
It was absolutely crazy how loud it got! I thought the USF game last year was great, this was next level. So proud of what we’re accomplishing. Really a 1st class college aptmosphere, comparable to anywhere. The future is bright and it is awesome!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT