ADVERTISEMENT

Can USF afford the Bulls’ $340 million on-campus football stadium?

One could say our culture as a fanbase began at the citrus bowl. We brought furniture in box trucks, kegs in pickup trucks, and dj booths etc. we were there to party.

That culture only evolved with the ocs and memory mall. Usf has none of that
I was in school in 1984. We went to games, but so many students did not. Sometimes we did not because of what it took to get to the CB and other things were happening. We have always had a good culture and a base of fans that were made during very lean times. That base has held fast through some really tough times and are now the donors who have such love for the program no matter who we play. But without the OCS we do not take the next step. We do not become a student phenomenon. We do not get Zombie Nation, we do not get alums back to campus, we do not get opposing fans to UCF's campus we don't get Bounce House weekend, spring game festivities, Game Day, etc.. The OCS/arena project was the most pivotal moment in UCF sports advancement. Getting B12 people on campus to see that had to be a giant factor.

One could say our culture as a fanbase began at the citrus bowl. We brought furniture in box trucks, kegs in pickup trucks, and dj booths etc. we were there to party.

That’s where I first went to games. Everyone I know went to the games. Probably just to party but the cops weren’t overly trying to stop drinking. If one came through tailgate just put drink down until they leave.

Reactions: Poolside Knight

yeah ocs put it on another level but UCF has always had a fun vibe . usf is stale , anyone that has spent time at both knows this

the irony of USF fans AAU chest bumping on the backs of students who attend their medical school who don’t care about sports to screaming nerd! to anyone that points out that revenue projections do not add up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT