ADVERTISEMENT

Sweet 16 games

FAU! FAU! FAU!

Great K State win. Their player broke the NCAA tourny assist record in a game with 19.

Last edited:
I love this FAU run but unfortunately for them, someone is going to buy their coach.

I love this FAU run but unfortunately for them, someone is going to buy their coach.
Most likely to happen. However, I think a lot of programs would be ok with losing a coach if it means an elite 8 run, with a legitimate chance at final four.

FAU will be good next year if they don’t transfer out. Michael Forest is only senior. They should double his pay going to AAC or they suck next year and probably longer.

why are you all rooting for FAU?

inferior programs stick together mentality or what?

Alabama lost. Another 1 out.
I think it’s more of another example as I stated in the baseball thread…you can’t judge schools by their “football team status”. Baseball and basketball have way more “D1” teams compared to football…smaller rosters, way more “misses” in the recruiting per sample size. Baseball players specifically can get drafted out of HS, if not they could go play at a Community College if drafted in lower rounds out of HS to get “followed” and drafted again the next 1-2 years playing CC ball with flexibility. This is why CC baseball is so loaded with talent, especially in FL, and why players at CC get drafted so heavily. In D1 if they commit and play, they have to wait 3 years to be eligible to be drafted again, so they either aren’t good enough to get drafted out of HS or they want to seriously play 3 years in college (Stephen Drew going to FSU when drafted in 1st round out of HS comes to mind).

Now let’s talk basketball…they have an even more limited roster compared to baseball, what like 15 players? You maybe have 3-5 HS recruits per year? You literally have to hit on every single recruit each year and hope they don’t transfer out to actually have sustained success. It’s ****ing hard guys.

I might agree that JD might not be the right guy to lead the basketball team into the Big XII, but don’t fail to acknowledge that baseball and basketball doesn’t fit the same narrative as football - recruiting or winning games (series).

I think it’s more of another example as I stated in the baseball thread…you can’t judge schools by their “football team status”. Baseball and basketball have way more “D1” teams compared to football…smaller rosters, way more “misses” in the recruiting per sample size. Baseball players specifically can get drafted out of HS, if not they could go play at a Community College if drafted in lower rounds out of HS to get “followed” and drafted again the next 1-2 years playing CC ball with flexibility. This is why CC baseball is so loaded with talent, especially in FL, and why players at CC get drafted so heavily. In D1 if they commit and play, they have to wait 3 years to be eligible to be drafted again, so they either aren’t good enough to get drafted out of HS or they want to seriously play 3 years in college (Stephen Drew going to FSU when drafted in 1st round out of HS comes to mind).

Now let’s talk basketball…they have an even more limited roster compared to baseball, what like 15 players? You maybe have 3-5 HS recruits per year? You literally have to hit on every single recruit each year and hope they don’t transfer out to actually have sustained success. It’s ****ing hard guys.

I might agree that JD might not be the right guy to lead the basketball team into the Big XII, but don’t fail to acknowledge that baseball and basketball doesn’t fit the same narrative as football - recruiting or winning games (series).
I was just saying another 1 seed lost. All 4 of the 1 seeds are out. Texas is best seed left being a 2.

Is it then my understanding that these recruiting hardships target UCF exclusively for baseball? Otherwise not sure why UF, FSU, Miami, FAU, Jacksonville, USF, Stetson have more success in making it to a 64 team tournament and win a regional. UConn has made the NCAA tournament 8 of 12 seasons, playing in same conference as UCF for majority of the time and playing on average 1/3 of their games at home, while UCF plays 2/3rds at home and 3/4th within a two hour bus ride.

Perhaps asking the Basketball and Baseball teams to make a 64 team tournament where at least 1 team in the conference is an autobid more than 1 out of 10 years is too much.

The more realistic situation, for the largest University in the country, is that baseball and basketball is afterthoughts and just not competitive against their peers or even programs most would declare beneath them. Just don't buy that its simply too hard for UCF to be successful at either baseball and basketball in addition to football. If it's really too hard, divert the rest of the money from those programs to football and treat the baseball/basketball programs like UConn does with football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT