ADVERTISEMENT

Tale of two UCF transfers: Terrence Lewis and Branden Jennings resurface

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022

Lewis has played in three games and has not recorded a tackle at Garden City CC.

Jennings, meanwhile, has ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED at Hinds CC. He has 42 solos, 16 assists, 6.5 TFL, 1 sack, and 1 FF.

The Mississippi State commit is the top-ranked juco LB and No. 20th-ranked player overall nationally.

Thought this comparison was very interesting and worth posting.

Last edited:

Lewis has played in three games and has not recorded a tackle at Garden City CC.

Jennings, meanwhile, has ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED at Hinds CC. He has 42 solos, 16 assists, 6.5 TFL, 1 sack, and 1 FF.

The Mississippi State commit is the top-ranked LB in junior college and No. 8 player nationally.

Thought this comparison was very interesting and worth posting.
Lewis never got it together and probably never will, but Jennings was definitely a head scratcher at UCF. He was an UA All American, a top 12 LB nationally in his HS Class and a starter for some games as a frosh at Maryland. He played in the first few games with us (off the bench) but because of limited playing time, he ended up deciding to red shirt. He definitely didn't feel he was being utilized as much as he should have been at UCF. With our lack of LB's he would have been a big help for us this year but again, our coaches (this time it was TWill) screwed it up by not looking to the future and working him into the rotation. It showcased a new dimension that our coaches must develop and that is how to work young players into the rotation and make them feel they're part of the team or risk them redshirting and transferring. Good luck to Branden at Mississippi State.

Lewis never got it together and probably never will, but Jennings was definitely a head scratcher at UCF. He was an UA All American, a top 12 LB nationally in his HS Class and a starter for some games as a frosh at Maryland. He played in the first few games with us (off the bench) but because of limited playing time, he ended up deciding to red shirt. He definitely didn't feel he was being utilized as much as he should have been at UCF. With our lack of LB's he would have been a big help for us this year but again, our coaches (this time it was TWill) screwed it up by not looking to the future and working him into the rotation. It showcased a new dimension that our coaches must develop and that is how to work young players into the rotation and make them feel they're part of the team or risk them redshirting and transferring. Good luck to Branden at Mississippi State.
Assistant coaches only care about now. They are trying to get a pay raise. Don’t care about a schools future they may not be a part of. That’s when the HC needs to say something. But he’s too worried about the offense and not seeing the big picture.

Reactions: Nautiknight
With our lack of LB's he would have been a big help for us this year but again, our coaches (this time it was TWill) screwed it up by not looking to the future and working him into the rotation. It showcased a new dimension that our coaches must develop and that is how to work young players into the rotation and make them feel they're part of the team or risk them redshirting and transferring. Good luck to Branden at Mississippi State.
T-WILL had one foot out the door. He didn't give a rip about the future of UCF. Rumors were he was whoring himself out to any program that would listen. It was mentioned by a well connected mod on an Auburn message board that he was begging Hugh Freeze for the DC job. Weeks later, TWILL was announced at Arkansas.

Branden Jennings was not ready to play at UCF in 2022. I watched him get garbage time in a game against a really weak opponent, Florida Atlantic I think, and Jennings acted like he made a game-saving tackle 7 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. That was all I needed to see.

For the record, Gus tried to keep Brandon in the fold after T-WILL left. For whatever reason, Branden decided to transfer on April 25, 2023, four full months of being under new Linebackers coach Ernie Sims.

Assistant coaches only care about now. They are trying to get a pay raise. Don’t care about a schools future they may not be a part of. That’s when the HC needs to say something. But he’s too worried about the offense and not seeing the big picture.
See above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert0122
It's a rare gem if you get anyone involved that actually cares about the future, players or coaches. The portal ended that for the players, which probably only made it equal, now neither care about next year or the one after that. It's brought a type of 1 and done from BB. Here it's 'use me now/win now or I'm gone'. I'm betting the only ones free from it are the elite big names. Staff just has to adjust to it and learn to gel 50% of your team who weren't here last year.

You guys know that nobody gets recruited and signed without the approval of the head coach? Gus Malzahn personally helped to recruit those guys.

I'm not impressed with juco numbers. I can only think of Mike Hughes who bloomed for us.

Something tells me Jennings had one of those dumb commitment ceremonies where they pick between 8 hats like they are a prized individual

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
Was courious and see that Antonio Grier only has 25 tackles and only 7 of them are solo. Talk about a bad move by him to follow t will

Reactions: U C to the F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT