ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Roof fired

Totally agree ^

Great, back to another person that doesn't know what he's doing.

Now if Gus can fire himself and actually let an OC calls plays or just resign we'd be in good shape.
And let’s be honest last season under Addison was stellar either so not sure we fixed the problem either

Reactions: UCFSig
Roof probably not a locker room guy. Just guessing. He probably said the wrong thing at the wrong time to the people of power. Will be interesting what changes.

I looked at the betting app, no change in -6.5 point for UCF with the DC firing news. Maybe it hasn't hit the wire yet.

Which friend will Malzahn hire next?

Malzahn has failed as an offensive coordinator and as a CEO.
well-so-im-done.gif

from daytona paper:

Opponents have moved the chains at will against the Knights this fall, converting at a rate of 43.1% on third down — ranked 106th in the country. UCF has surrendered 14 touchdown passes, while producing nine interceptions, and sacked opposing QBs just 11 times (tied for 115th on a per-game basis).

One notable area of improvement under Roof was against the run, a point of emphasis for Malzahn at the conclusion of the 2023 season. UCF allows 131.9 yards per game on the ground, good for 50th in the FBS.

Gus said Tim Harris Jr will take over play calling. If this is actually true does he have any good experience with this or is this just a nightmare waiting to happen?
The latter. . He is a recruiter. This is going to be a complete disaster. The last time he called plays probably were when he was a high school coach. Gus was bad, real bad, I’m not sure we’ve gotten any better with this change.

Last edited:
Lol, Gus heard all the comments shouted at him from the stands. I swear, people were about to start hurling vegetables in his direction in the 3rd quarter.

With a 27-21 overall record at UCF, that has gotten progressively worse each year, he's looking a lot like the coach who just got canned at Rice.

We didn’t bring in a competent quarterback over the summer. We never really addressed our coordinator positions and now are left with two guys who are subpar best. One who to my knowledge has never called plays in his life, and the other was fired as the defensive coordinator from last year. Gus is horrible.

He has been given everything to succeed and his ego has gotten in the way of letting them not have any success.

We didn’t bring in a competent quarterback over the summer. We never really addressed our coordinator positions and now are left with two guys who are subpar best. One who to my knowledge has never called plays in his life, and the other was fired as the defensive coordinator from last year. Gus is horrible.

He has been given everything to succeed and his ego has gotten in the way of letting them not have any success.
bad gus decisions across the board!

Gus needs to fire himself as OC and replace himself with Hinshaw....then we'll have come full circle. It fits since we've been doing a circle jerk since Gus took over.
I remember when the USF fan Owen came in here. He just finished circle jerking with other USF fans in his mom’s basement. The good old days.

Why is Harris gonna call plays, why can't Hinshaw do it? WTF.
Why do you think? Gus took back the play calling from Hinshaw because he said he wasn't pleased with the offensive production so handing it back to him would be a real black eye. Especially since we averaged more ppg last year (even with an injured QB1) than we have this year to date. So, it wouldn't look good now, would it?

I think the fact that BYU and Cincinnati have made such big leaps in Year 2 in the Big 12 has put even more pressure on Gus, hence 4 different QBS, firing his hand-picked DC after 8 games, etc. Even Houston has more conference wins than us after beating Utah this weekend. Basically the excuse that we're just experiencing growing pains after moving up to the Big 4 is difficult to make when the other 3 teams are at least showing growth and improvement. Hard to argue we're not going in reverse.

Reactions: PositYourself
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT