ADVERTISEMENT

Terrence Lewis to enter portal

I think he just got beat by the FCS Savannah State transfer and his ego couldn’t take it

a lot of Programs would have kicked him off the team after his arrest but UCF/TWill let the process play out.

I think he just got beat by the FCS Savannah State transfer and his ego couldn’t take it

a lot of Programs would have kicked him off the team after his arrest but UCF/TWill let the process play out.
Star ratings mean nothing at this level. I wish the kid well but my observation is he either hasnt put the work in or he sinoly doesnt have the talent to beat out other guys on the team

What's he thinking by transferring after the semester already started. Nobody's taking you until next semester.

At least should have waited it out till the end of the season. Where's he going to train at lol

Last edited:
Troy Ford and Harris Twins rn
Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

What's he thinking by transferring after the semester already started. Nobody's taking you until next semester.

At least should have waited it out till the end of the season. Where's he going to train at lol
he's not a rational thinker, makes all of his life decisions based on emotion. not surprised he's getting beat out by FCS transfers.

Reactions: FoxKnight and PhDee
Never understood why there was so much hype for a player that never even played a game in college yet. Another year with a highly anticipated transfer that is a bust. Managed to make Joey Gatewood transfer look more useful.

Linebacker position continues to confuse for a defense led by a former linebacker.

Reactions: PhDee
He’s still a great talent, but maybe not humble enough to fit places? Idk it seems like an ego thing, but who really knows. Just don’t go to usf and I’ll wish him luck.

He’s still a great talent, but maybe not humble enough to fit places? Idk it seems like an ego thing, but who really knows. Just don’t go to usf and I’ll wish him luck.
Im willing to bet thats the case. Unfortunately in this era where espn broadcasts commitments on tv of 5 star high school kids, we continue to see them not hustle or grind for the opportunity

Linebacker position continues to confuse for a defense led by a former linebacker.
Not really, we just lost a lot of guys we were counting on since Gus arrived. This year they had to rebuild the position from scratch. I think we brought in alot of talent between Jennings, Yates, Johnson, and McDaniel (although switched positions). Would have liked to see Lewis stay, but oh well.

Not really, we just lost a lot of guys we were counting on since Gus arrived. This year they had to rebuild the position from scratch. I think we brought in alot of talent between Jennings, Yates, Johnson, and McDaniel (although switched positions). Would have liked to see Lewis stay, but oh well.
Yates looked good in his debut and i think him an JJB might have those 2 spots locked in

Never understood why there was so much hype for a player that never even played a game in college yet. Another year with a highly anticipated transfer that is a bust. Managed to make Joey Gatewood transfer look more useful.
Bc that is what fans do or this board wouldn’t exist. He was a 5 star so obviously someone saw some physical tools. but at this point w Maryland and his offseason he may go on that list of 5 star busts

Bc that is what fans do or this board wouldn’t exist. He was a 5 star so obviously someone saw some physical tools. but at this point w Maryland and his offseason he may go on that list of 5 star busts

The adult male brain is not fully mature until 26. Dude should just take some time off and hit the factories for $15/hr for a couple years and come back later when a little more ready

It was more than just being a 5*. Brian Smith, who covers us in his SI blog had Lewis as his #1 player in the country the year he came out.

"Although Lewis says he’ll be in the portal “soon,” it’s more likely he won’t be in until at least December.

That’s because the NCAA recently implemented transfer portal windows for when athletes can leave a school.

The first window opens the day after championship selections are made, which is in early December and lasts 45 days."

He was a 5 star, but once a 5 star gets injured, never plays, and bolts without even trying. You start questioning that either scouts missed or he has gone in the wrong direction since HS. On top of whatever happened a few months back.

I think someone mentioned that he transferred multiple times in HS too? Maybe some weight to that now after this. Really don’t know though, but something isn’t right here and it seems it’s with him and not with the coaching staff. Why would you announce this and not be able to actually transfer until December? Why not play out the year, get some experience and try?

I think someone mentioned that he transferred multiple times in HS too? Maybe some weight to that now after this. Really don’t know though, but something isn’t right here and it seems it’s with him and not with the coaching staff. Why would you announce this and not be able to actually transfer until December? Why not play out the year, get some experience and try?
My thoughts exactly. There's no benefit to leaving early. Wondering if off field stuff resurfaced.

Hope he sticks with someone. I love UCF's commitment to the process of helping student athletes becoming a mature person and maximizing their potential. Many accomplish that when they stay in college. Very few establish Not For Long (NFL) status and are able to use it to become whom they are gifted to become.

If he doesn't play he retains his year of eligibility if he gets the COVID year and a redshirt year.
Last year he could easily take a medical redshirt, still have his Covid year and a true redshirt I believe, but he’d be on his 7th school by then. Hopefully he knows you have to have a minimum credit hours to graduate from somewhere, hopefully that should still be a goal for these players.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Last year he could easily take a medical redshirt, still have his Covid year and a true redshirt I believe, but he’d be on his 7th school by then. Hopefully he knows you have to have a minimum credit hours to graduate from somewhere, hopefully that should still be a goal for these players.
seriously…some of these guys don’t give themselves enough time to settle in. it is not a fun college experience to move around that often

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT