ADVERTISEMENT

Terry turned down a 1-1 vs Washington

I'd rather play Florida in the short term, especially when the pendulum is swinging in our direction. Especially over a team that I know nothing about because they normally start playing games at 10:30 EST. Don't care if its a 2 for 1 either. I'd love to see UCF beat UF. I'd love it even more if we could beat them 2 out of 3 games. I'd be in Heaven if it was 3 of 3. Heck we got lucky and were able to get our first W last year!
UF is already scheduled, why are a lot of you talking like it’s a one or the other scenario? We have UF, would have been great to add Washington as well in 2026 & 2027 like another post said. It’s beyond frustrating to hear this stuff while knowing the holes in the future schedule and our past stance of 1 for 1 and “no one will play us”. Not to mention, Terry and Gus said they’ll play in the parking lot, anyone anywhere. I believe Gus, Terry dropped the ball.

Instead, we get the home game against an online school of Southern NH University*

Why would B12 not want us to schedule other P5 schools? I could see them saying don’t schedule FCS but not P5. Only thing i could think of is Washington is in talks of joining league and that game would get canceled. Why did Terry even announce he turned the offer down? I doubt he goes public with every offer he turns down.
Terry can get a bit ahead of himself when speaking publicly and I bet he didn't mean to say it with Daniels, and surely regrets it.

Why would B12 not want us to schedule other P5 schools? I could see them saying don’t schedule FCS but not P5. Only thing i could think of is Washington is in talks of joining league and that game would get canceled. Why did Terry even announce he turned the offer down? I doubt he goes public with every offer he turns down.
+1 no reason for the Big12 to care

and the wording of that radio audio of Beede seems like Terry has a worry of the jump in competition which is weak. kind of discredits the 2017 argument and with the expanded Playoff even more reason to play more Power 5 teams, not less.

Reactions: U C to the F
For everyone who is just so delighted about playing Washington.

Remember we are going to consistently play 6 teams better than Louisville starting next year.
Someone should be talking to Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia ADs for scheduling tough road or out west games when playing in a tough conference. Their seasons will be ruined.

Clemson - @Georgia x2, @LSU, @Oklahoma
Alabama - @Wisconsin, @FSU, @WVU, @Ohio State, @VT, @GT, @Arizona, @Oklahoma State, @Texas
Ohio State - @Alabama, @Washington, @Texas, @Notre Dame, @Georgia, @Oregon
Michigan - @Oklahoma, @Texas, @Washington
Georgia - @UCLA, @Texas, @Clemson, @Ohio State

Teams who made poor decisions to travel to Washington this year or future- Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Danny White at Tennessee.

while we are on this topic this isn’t on Terry bc Danny White agreed to it but I hate that we agreed to play Liberty

Reactions: beelit47
So Daniels says there are signed contracts with other schools that just haven't been announced yet.
I'd say their agreements in principle...waiting for those P5 conf (ACC and/or SEC) to decide on if they will have 8 or 9 conf games going forward.

Marc talks about this and more at the 11 min mark on the Bridge:

I'd say their agreements in principle...waiting for those P5 conf (ACC and/or SEC) to decide on if they will have 8 or 9 conf games going forward.

Marc talks about this and more at the 11 min mark on the Bridge:
If 2024 was the issue, then that's more understandable. Terry should've done a better job of making that clear.

Daniels doesn’t even get the argument . almost ignoring that it is a 2-1

also I hope he doesn’t agree to a 2-1 with FSU
He had better not. I didn’t like the 2-1 with with UF, but I get it. But in one year we’ll be in a P5 conference with the same level of prestige equal to that of the ACC. Some may argue against that, but the ACC outside of Clemson has been bad.

FSU has been bad since 2013 and we’ve only upped our reputation since then. You do a 2-1 with FSU when you’re going into a P5 conference…you’re solidifying that you’re small time.

Last edited:
Maybe the Marching Knights couldn't foot the $140 a ticket.
They wouldn’t have paid anywhere near that. They wouldn’t have been sitting on the 50 yard-line in the Hyundai Deck of the stadium. They would’ve been assigned to cheap seats (more than likely towards the end zone) at a massive discount. Programs rarely profit by selling seats to visiting bands.

They wouldn’t have paid anywhere near that. They wouldn’t have been sitting on the 50 yard-line in the Hyundai Deck of the stadium. They would’ve been assigned to cheap seats (more than likely towards the end zone) at a massive discount. Programs rarely profit by selling seats to visiting bands.
Christ, you're such a dope.

Perhaps travel costs are a major issue at play here? Regardless, it’s a bad decision. Washington has fielded a respectable program; and a win there could’ve boosted our team’s morale to start the season. Sometimes, spending money is necessary and worth it.

We looked very bush-league not sending our band to FAU last weekend. I was told money was an issue. If usf can afford to send their band, which is the same size as ours, from Tampa to Gainesville, we should have enough money to send the Marching Knights on a 3-hour bus ride down south.
FAU only reserved 250 seats for us since it was gonna be “sold out”. We have 400 members so that wasn’t going to work. It was also money prolly

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Christ, you're such a dope.
And you’re such an ass. Get a life dude. I’m not sure what I ever did to you to hurt your feelings; and I don’t really care. But you do nothing but show what a total d-bag loser you are every time you obsess over me and try to hurl insults my way. So grow up and get out from behind your computer in mommy’s basement and quit making yourself look like a Massengill.

I think his point is that money shouldn't have been an issue.
I’m not sure how I exactly made this one such a stalker crybaby. He obsesses over my posts and personally attacks me at every chance. It’s rather humorous. Can you imagine having such a shi*ty life that you resort to stalking someone online and negatively commenting after essentially every post that person makes? He’s the same one who made comments about how much I paid for tix to the FAU game (which makes me believe he’s probably impoverished and living in mommy’s basement). Poor thing…literally…

A Washington/UCF game would be a damn compelling matchup, especially if they move to the Big 10 in the next couple of years

I’m not sure how I exactly made this one such a stalker crybaby. He obsesses over my posts and personally attacks me at every chance. It’s rather humorous. Can you imagine having such a shi*ty life that you resort to stalking someone online and negatively commenting after essentially every post that person makes? He’s the same one who made comments about how much I paid for tix to the FAU game (which makes me believe he’s probably impoverished and living in mommy’s basement). Poor thing…literally…
He does the same thing to me on the other board. Goes out of his way to get a reaction out of me. I just ignore him. He's intellectual flotsam and jetsam, anyway.

And you’re such an ass. Get a life dude. I’m not sure what I ever did to you to hurt your feelings; and I don’t really care. But you do nothing but show what a total d-bag loser you are every time you obsess over me and try to hurl insults my way. So grow up and get out from behind your computer in mommy’s basement and quit making yourself look like a Massengill.
Maybe he just needs to go see his gynecologist ? He could have a yeast infection.

FAU only reserved 250 seats for us since it was gonna be “sold out”. We have 400 members so that wasn’t going to work. It was also money prolly
if FAU isn’t going to leave enough seats for our entire band we shouldn’t play them anymore . Bush League move

How many instruments does our band play at games? If a school limits tickets, have underclassmen stay home. Not everyone.
That’s a good suggestion. Many universities do send a pep band to games that are fairly close. The Georgia Tech pep band came today for our game against the Yellow Jackets and they actually sounded pretty good for being very small.

GaTech drove their Pep Band 470 miles to UCF for Saturday's game yet UCF could take a similar Pep Band 165 miles to Boca.

That's Bush League and an embarrassment.

Turning down a 1-1 with Washington is straight up hypocritical. With how ridiculously open our future OOC Schedules are, we shouldn't be turning down any 1-1s with P5 teams.
Ummm we are playing in a p5 next season so we really dont need just any p5 team

White and Mohajir seem to be on the extreme opposite ends for scheduling philosophy. Seems like a headache for ADs across the country to negotiate with UCF.

If B12 wants to survive the arms war, they are going to have to take teams from out west. Mohajir has to deal with it, or UCF can be the odd man out.

If USF joins the B12, it will be Mohajir pushing it based on his insistence of focusing on Florida teams.
And he might be right to do so

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT