ADVERTISEMENT

That's right UCFBS, UCFMatt, UCFMikes, Knight_Light

So let me get this straight, Firm . . . after only three bad games to start off this season, you want us to fire a head coach that has so far led us to four East division titles in C-USA, four conference championships (C-USA and the American combined), three bowl victories (not to mention bowl wins over Georgia and #6-ranked Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl), and two top 25 finishes over the last 5 years? I'm not going to argue that losses to FIU and Furman are bad, but they don't erase all that GOL has accomplished. We're not just dealing with a young team; we're also dealing with an injured team. Give this team a chance to get healthy, get more playing time in for the younger guys, and who knows, the outlook for this season could get better very quickly. I've been around awhile as a UCF fan and I've seen bad starts before. I know better than to wave a white flag this early in a season.

Reactions: UCFBS and Ucfmikes
So let me get this straight, Firm . . . after only three bad games to start off this season, you want us to fire a head coach that has so far led us to four East division titles in C-USA, four conference championships (C-USA and the American combined), three bowl victories (not to mention bowl wins over Georgia and #6-ranked Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl), and two top 25 finishes over the last 5 years? I'm not going to argue that losses to FIU and Furman are bad, but they don't erase all that GOL has accomplished. We're not just dealing with a young team; we're also dealing with an injured team. Give this team a chance to get healthy, get more playing time in for the younger guys, and who knows, the outlook for this season could get better very quickly. I've been around awhile as a UCF fan and I've seen bad starts before. I know better than to wave a white flag this early in a season.

Sounds about right.

So., what's our record with Holman for all 3 games, Dickey, Anderson, Miles Pace, freaking Glenn who should have never left, and Akins the whole last game?

I say 2-1 and a close Stanford game or upset with a real chance to win this weekend.

Last edited:
UCFBS might be the dumbest person that I have come across. Atleast the others are able to debate using facts and stats. UCFBS just goes around using garbage men as an insult and thinks he's some sort of genius. He also pretended to be an executive, which several people have already proven was a lie.

The majority of fans want GOL to step down as AD and for someone else to call plays for Key. And if this team loses to FIU and Furman at home how many games do you expect them to win? You guys are denying the truth right in front of you.

The majority of fans want GOL to step down as AD and for someone else to call plays for Key. And if this team loses to FIU and Furman at home how many games do you expect them to win? You guys are denying the truth right in front of you.

Nobody is denying anything. We just don't all go into panic phase and want the whole world turned upside down after an 0-3 start.

Nobody is denying anything. We just don't all go into panic phase and want the whole world turned upside down after an 0-3 start.

In case you didn't see, were not 0-3 with losses to 3 SEC teams. We're 0-3 with losses to a bad CDOA and bad FCS school.

Wow this is some good spin. News flash every team deals with injuries its called football. The fact that we are so young tells me we haven't recruited well. Its not like we lost to ECU or Tulane, who are atleast D1 schools in our conference. WE LOST TO FURMAN and we have the worst offense in the country. I don't believe our coach should be fired but a change should be made somewhere. Any type of change sends a message that something is being done to right the ship.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Okay ... here goes ...

I apologize for becoming a "rabid" UCF booster who got upset when I started to hear the words and references to "hostage" and "Plancher." Before then, I was largely just posting memes and just otherwise not getting too serious.

I'm sorry I stated I wanted to see if we would lose to Furman to see if we're going to be bad this year, but continued to say it would take a losing season + a bad start next year, before asking for a coaching change. After all, we've never had more than 1 rebuilding season in a row.

And I now ask for forgiveness because, statistically, we're the #2 G5 team over the last 5+ years, and I'm scared what message our fanbase is sending to potential coaches, recruits and others. I should -- no must -- assume everything will get better, especially the faster we act, like a teenager who wants to leave home now, not at any other time because that's 'too late.'

I guess I'm an idiot because I haven't been against GoL all along, and have been blinded by the trophy case. I should have realized a losing season was "just around the corner" in any year ... and we just "got lucky" it wasn't 2012, 2013 or 2014, like it should have been.

My apologies for blinding supporting the program, the student-athletes, buying extra tickets for the military and charity when others called for a boycott, or not to buy from the Athletic office, going to all those away games, meeting and offering to help any traveling fan -- or student-athlete family -- when I'd see them need something ... all those bowls, even Hawaii, and both Ireland and the Fiesta, sharing my stubs, extra memorabilia and other things.

And most of all ... I'm sorry I'm asking stupid questions like if Stanback will still be enrolled at UCF, and worrying about his future, instead of saying he wasn't important to the team.

I'm definitely the wrong type of fan and GKC donor.

The fact that we are so young tells me we haven't recruited well.
It happens to a lot of programs, especially G5 where you don't get 3 and 4 star backups at every level in almost every position. But I already took those comments on a spin earlier, and people quickly jumped away from making them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT