ADVERTISEMENT

THE BIG 12 RACE AIN’T OVER

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
UCF can play the part of a spoiler with a win of Oklahoma State:

THE BIG 12 RACE AIN’T OVER​

In a monumental Week 10, we saw Texas and Oklahoma State pick up massive wins over Kansas State and Oklahoma to separate themselves as the top two teams in the Big 12 standings heading into Week 11. Texas held off K-State after the Wildcats stormed back from a 27-7 deficit to send the game to overtime, with the Longhorns holding on a 4th-and-goal try when Chris Klieman opted to go for the win.

Oklahoma State took down Oklahoma in the final Bedlam matchup in Big 12 history with a terrific game from Alan Bowman. The Sooners had several chances to take control of the game, but made several critical errors throughout the game and the Cowboys were able to capitalize.

So, with both UT and OSU sitting at 5-1 in league play, and with manageable schedules ahead of them, this race is starting to wind down, right?

Not so fast my friend. With what we’ve seen from the Big 12 in past years and to this point in the 2023 season, I’d say nothing is set in stone until the two teams get off the bus in Arlington. There’s not a dominant team in this league, and that means that for the next three weeks, there’s a chance that one of the two teams in the lead could fall. If that happens, watch out.

Five teams are sitting at 4-2 in Big 12 play, and with one loss from either Oklahoma State or Texas, a two-horse race becomes a seven-team race once again. Buckle up guys, it’s going to be a fun finish!

At the beginning of the season, I had OKST winning it all. And had them playing KState in the title but that doesn't seem to be likely anymore. I'm guessing it'll be Texas or even West Virginia (!).

Love being in the BIG12!

Anyone but Texas or Oklahoma. I just want the conference to give them a kick in the pants on the way out.
We as UCF fans sort of owe them a debt of gratitude . If they don't jump ship do we have this P5 opportunity? I am not certain we do especially after the Pac 21 crashed and burned this summer . Had those events happen say 2 years ago I think we are still in the American as the bulk of the Pac 12 gets absorbed into the XII .

We as UCF fans sort of owe them a debt of gratitude . If they don't jump ship do we have this P5 opportunity? I am not certain we do especially after the Pac 21 crashed and burned this summer . Had those events happen say 2 years ago I think we are still in the American as the bulk of the Pac 12 gets absorbed into the XII .
While that may be true, this conference needs to send the message that we have the horses to be relavent without them.

I'm not saying that from a petty perspective. I want to show that this league is deeper than those two. It will be more equitable and healthier in its new configuration.

So you're saying that we owe a slight bit off gratitude to the morons who killed any and all expansion that would have saved the Big XII years ago when they did the pretend 'expansion' whore show? texas always was solely about themselves, at least from what I've heard. The only reason we're here is because the egotistical ********** have left and couldn't care less about the conference, and more intelligent people were able to finally have a say. This truly was a conference run by a moron that got extremely lucky when those two were yanked out and that moron ended his run as commissioner. (Yes he once was a star, but ended as a boob). The new guy no doubt is the only one that deserves any respect in saving this conference. The last group had their eyes/mind in the last century and were killing the conference. I can't wait for Texas to try to throw their 'weight' around in their new conference. It's no doubt going to be looked at like--- 'How cute'.

Reactions: 90Knight
While that may be true, this conference needs to send the message that we have the horses to be relavent without them.

I'm not saying that from a petty perspective. I want to show that this league is deeper than those two. It will be more equitable and healthier in its new configuration.
Said nothing.
So you're saying that we owe a slight bit off gratitude to the morons who killed any and all expansion that would have saved the Big XII years ago when they did the pretend 'expansion' whore show? texas always was solely about themselves, at least from what I've heard. The only reason we're here is because the egotistical ********** have left and couldn't care less about the conference, and more intelligent people were able to finally have a say. This truly was a conference run by a moron that got extremely lucky when those two were yanked out and that moron ended his run as commissioner. (Yes he once was a star, but ended as a boob). The new guy no doubt is the only one that deserves any respect in saving this conference. The last group had their eyes/mind in the last century and were killing the conference. I can't wait for Texas to try to throw their 'weight' around in their new conference. It's no doubt going to be looked at like--- 'How cute'.
paragraphs pls! jfc Where did you learn to write? Hopefully not UCF LIT 101

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF RANKINGS
Results of the second College Football Playoff rankings for the 2023 season (Nov. 7).

1. Ohio State (9-0)

2. Georgia (9-0)

3. Michigan (9-0)

4. Florida State (9-0)

5. Washington (9-0)

6. Oregon (8-1)

7. Texas (8-1)

8. Alabama (8-1)

9. Ole Miss (8-1)

10. Penn State (8-1)

11. Louisville (8-1)

12. Oregon State (7-2)

13. Tennessee (7-2)

14. Missouri (7-2)

15. Oklahoma State (7-2)

16. Kansas (7-2)

17. Oklahoma (7-2)

18. Utah (7-2)

19. LSU (6-3)

20. Notre Dame (7-3)

21. Arizona (6-3)

22. Iowa (7-2)

23. Tulane (8-1)

24. North Carolina (7-2)

25. Kansas State (6-3)

Interesting enough Okie-State remaining games are all newcomers. They very well could run the table and take on Texas in the Champ game:

• Nov. 11: at UCF, 2:30 p.m. (ESPN)
  • Nov. 18: at Houston, TBA
  • Nov. 25: vs. BYU, TBA

Reactions: PositYourself
Conference refs will be favoring Okie State (conspiracy theory LOL)

Oklahoma State's Updated Odds to Win Big 12 Football Championship After Bedlam Victory​

Story by Kade Kimble • 18h

Big 12 Power Rankings: Can KU, K-State or Iowa State catch Oklahoma State and Texas?
Story by Kellis Robinett, The Kansas City Star •
1d

It's fun to be talking about our big boy conference.

Next year we lose TX OU but reload with Utah and Arizona (?!). And add Colorado and Prime.

2023 Dr Pepper Big 12 Football Championship Clinching Scenarios Update​

11/19/23 06:30 PM

Scenarios for the Football Championship surrounding Big 12 matchups on Friday, November 24:

• Oklahoma remains in contention with either a win or a loss against TCU.

• Texas will clinch both a berth to the Championship and a #1 seed (home team) with a win over Texas Tech.

If Texas wins and clinches a berth on Friday, the following scenarios apply surrounding Big 12 matchups on Saturday, November 25:

• If Oklahoma State defeats BYU, the Cowboys clinch a berth to the Championship as the #2 seed (vs. Texas).

• If Oklahoma defeats TCU on Friday and that win is followed by a Texas win AND an Oklahoma State loss, the Sooners clinch a berth to the Championship as the #2 seed (vs. Texas).

• If Kansas State defeats Iowa State on Saturday following a Texas win, AND a loss by Oklahoma, AND a loss by Oklahoma State, the Wildcats clinch a berth to the Championship as the #2 seed (vs. Texas).

If Texas Tech wins on Friday, the following scenarios apply surrounding Big 12 matchups on Saturday, November 25:

• No team can clinch a bid to the Championship until Saturday.

• Texas can still clinch a berth to the Championship if two of the three two-loss teams (Kansas State / Oklahoma / Oklahoma State) LOSE on Friday and / or Saturday. Texas and the remaining winning team of those three will qualify for the Championship.

• If Texas loses on Friday, and two or three two-loss teams WIN amongst Kansas State / Oklahoma / Oklahoma State on Friday and / or Saturday, there will be three or four teams tied for both Championship berths. Multiple scenarios exist in this circumstance contingent on which teams remain in the tiebreaker pool.

Friday 11/24/2023

• TCU at Oklahoma, 11:00 a.m. CT on FOX
  • Texas Tech at Texas, 6:30 p.m. CT on ABC
Saturday 11/25/2023

• Houston at UCF, Noon ET / 11 a.m. CT on FS1
  • BYU at Oklahoma State, 2:30 p.m. CT / 1:30 p.m. MT on ABC
  • West Virginia at Baylor, 7 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. CT on FS1
  • Kansas at Cincinnati 7:30 p.m. ET / 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN 2
  • Iowa State at Kansas State, 7 p.m. CT on FOX

maybe an easier read:

Texas will make Big 12 Championship with:​

• Win over Texas Tech
  • Loss to Texas Tech plus Oklahoma State loss
  • Loss to Texas Tech plus Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Kansas State wins

Oklahoma State will make Big 12 Championship with:​

• Win over BYU plus Texas win
  • Win over BYU plus Texas loss and Kansas State loss
  • Loss to BYU plus Texas win and Oklahoma loss
  • Loss to BYU plus Oklahoma loss and Kansas State loss

Oklahoma will make Big 12 Championship with:​

• Win over TCU plus Oklahoma State loss
  • Win over TCU plus Texas loss and Kansas State loss

Kansas State will make Big 12 Championship with:​

• Win over Iowa State plus Oklahoma State loss and Oklahoma loss
  • Win over Iowa State plus Texas loss

2023 Dr Pepper Big 12 Football Championship Clinching Scenarios Update​

11/19/23 06:30 PM

Scenarios for the Football Championship surrounding Big 12 matchups on Friday, November 24:

• Oklahoma remains in contention with either a win or a loss against TCU.

• Texas will clinch both a berth to the Championship and a #1 seed (home team) with a win over Texas Tech.

If Texas wins and clinches a berth on Friday, the following scenarios apply surrounding Big 12 matchups on Saturday, November 25:

• If Oklahoma State defeats BYU, the Cowboys clinch a berth to the Championship as the #2 seed (vs. Texas).

• If Oklahoma defeats TCU on Friday and that win is followed by a Texas win AND an Oklahoma State loss, the Sooners clinch a berth to the Championship as the #2 seed (vs. Texas).

• If Kansas State defeats Iowa State on Saturday following a Texas win, AND a loss by Oklahoma, AND a loss by Oklahoma State, the Wildcats clinch a berth to the Championship as the #2 seed (vs. Texas).

If Texas Tech wins on Friday, the following scenarios apply surrounding Big 12 matchups on Saturday, November 25:

• No team can clinch a bid to the Championship until Saturday.

• Texas can still clinch a berth to the Championship if two of the three two-loss teams (Kansas State / Oklahoma / Oklahoma State) LOSE on Friday and / or Saturday. Texas and the remaining winning team of those three will qualify for the Championship.

• If Texas loses on Friday, and two or three two-loss teams WIN amongst Kansas State / Oklahoma / Oklahoma State on Friday and / or Saturday, there will be three or four teams tied for both Championship berths. Multiple scenarios exist in this circumstance contingent on which teams remain in the tiebreaker pool.

Friday 11/24/2023

• TCU at Oklahoma, 11:00 a.m. CT on FOX
  • Texas Tech at Texas, 6:30 p.m. CT on ABC
Saturday 11/25/2023

• Houston at UCF, Noon ET / 11 a.m. CT on FS1
  • BYU at Oklahoma State, 2:30 p.m. CT / 1:30 p.m. MT on ABC
  • West Virginia at Baylor, 7 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. CT on FS1
  • Kansas at Cincinnati 7:30 p.m. ET / 6:30 p.m. CT on ESPN 2
  • Iowa State at Kansas State, 7 p.m. CT on FOX
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
OK State really screwing this up and giving a chance at a RRR rematch w both leaving to the SEC..

2OT: Trey Rucker forces fumble to send OSU to Big 12 title game​

Trey Rucker ripped the ball out of Isaac Rex's hands and recovered the fumble.

OSU beats BYU 40-34.

The Cowboys are heading to the Big 12 Championship Game to face Texas next Saturday at 11 a.m. in Arlington, Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT