ADVERTISEMENT

The Elephant in the Room

At least someone outside of UCF understands.......

Just for clarification. These are 2 1/2 and 1/2
offers if UCF was involved

If you're going the G5 route, App State, Army, Fresno St, Troy, Arkansas St, San Diego St, Buffalo, and obviously Boise are all superior options
Not Troy! I'm sure there's fans that don't want to be compared to Troy after their history before UCF jumped first to the now FBS. Lets separate ourselves more until then. Georgia State in Atlanta and the FAU/FIU series in the Miami area are fine. This decade have proven there are hardcore UCF road fans, but these games have the opportunity to be a slam dunk for the hardcore and home fans alike. Its a step in the right direction when promoting the brand name.

It’s all about the Benjamin’s. We make more money with a home game than we would going on the road to play anybody. So, unless Alabama, Florida, TOSU want to pony up 6 million a 2-1 won’t happen and shouldn’t happen.
I agree with this too. I joke about asking for $5 million per game, but if they want to shut us down, pay us first. Once we start winning again, the free publicity picks up like 2017. SEC gets a billion a year and Bama shouldn't have a problem paying.

Financially we also have to acknowledge we don't get the donations that many "P5" programs get. This is another reason that our strategy fits us best from a business perspective.

Ole Miss has 3 claimed NCs, MSU has won the conference and has played in high profile bowls, Vanderbilt he has a point but they are good in other sports and academics.

Financially we also have to acknowledge we don't get the donations that many "P5" programs get. This is another reason that our strategy fits us best from a business perspective.
We won’t ever know if our strategy was best or even good for a while.

I’m down with shaking it up and have no reason to doubt DW, but simply doing something different isn’t enough IMO.

Being in the largest city without an NFL team, why would we want to play more road games? This city wants winning football, give it to them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT