ADVERTISEMENT

The future of Gus Malzahn and of UCF football

And? LOL. Mario is building the Miami football program the right way. We are bringing in the #8 overall class after going 5-7. 38 scholarship players with an average player ranking of 91.22.

The roster for 2023 will be completely different and TVD is healthy…he got hurt during the TAMU game, missed games and was never healthy the entire year. Miami is trending way up.

Meanwhile, UCF is bringing close to 20 mid transfers. Hinshaw who has never called plays as OC…dude is just a Malzon sock puppet. Addison Williams as DC…dude has zero experience as a DC at any level.

Go back to the Dungeon, hold hands with your buddies and tell each other comforting lies.
You’re a joke, like truly a clown 🤡. Now that the ACC is going divisionless, Miami doesn’t have the weakest conference division (ACC Coastal) to fall back on, even though they can’t even win that. Zero conference wins in the weak ACC, that’s pathetic. Hey, at least your’re the league’s paper champ though right

OWWWW CAN WE STOP THIS FUUUUUUHCKING BULLSHIT PLS?????
Yes. I will stop posting about Malzahn's future. His job is safe at UCF. Malzahn was under constant scrutiny during his time at Auburn and his job was always in question. It hurt his ability to recruit because recruits always questioned whether he would be their coach once they signed. And yet he spent 11 years at Auburn in done capacity.

There is zero indication from his camp that he want remain in Orlando indefinitely, so I stop speculating.

Top Five Worst Malzon Losses at UCF.

#5. December 3, 2022 - Tulane 45 - UCF 28. After two years of mismanaging the QB room, there’s no Keene to save the day for Malzon. Tulane trumps UCF to become the AAC champion. Mohajir is seen on TV walking up and down on the UCF sidelines, looking at the floor as if he were regretting something.

#4. September 17, 2021 - Louisville 42 - UCF 35. Malik Cunningham hurt his leg and could hardly move but UCF could not stop his playmaking. Crazy play calling by Malzon at the end of the game results in DG getting hurt. This would be the last game DG would play for UCF and it marks the end of a very successful UCF QB room (Frost - Heupel).

#3. November 13, 2021 - SMU 55 - UCF 28. Malzon had a leg injury and had the idea of coaching from a picnic table on top of a platform. From there he watched as Tanner Mordecai three for 377 yards and 3 TD’s. SMU dropped 55 and Malzon could be seen on TV sipping Gatorade and rearranging sharpies on the kid’s table.

#2. October 3, 2021 - Navy 34 - UCF 30.

Malzon and UCF drop a 13 point fourth quarter lead lead to lose to winless Navy. Enough said.

#1. November 10, 2022 - Navy 17 - UCF 14.

20th ranked UCF was leading the AAC race and had a chance to host the conference championship game. BUT it faced a home game with 3-7 Navy. The result was a disaster. Navy beat UCF without completing a pass.
Yeah, losing to Navy at home was super depressing. Ugh :(

Reactions: LoboCane

Malzahn seems to be happy. Maybe he will stay put.
If he doesn’t win big he won’t have a choice and will be lucky to stay at UCF. With joining the Big XII, our location, past success and more…top coaches would line up to coach at UCF.

I hope Gus wins big and has a long career at UCF, but if he’s not winning and competing for championships then we should show him the door.

If he doesn’t win big he won’t have a choice and will be lucky to stay at UCF. With joining the Big XII, our location, past success and more…top coaches would line up to coach at UCF.

I hope Gus wins big and has a long career at UCF, but if he’s not winning and competing for championships then we should show him the door.
Ok, I will play along.

First, it has been TWENTY YEARs since UCF fired a head football coach. You can say y'all forced Leary to resign, but the team was 0-8 at the time. It's possible UCF could fall apart, but it would take a monumental collapse. There is always a chance I guess... like a 2% or 3% chance maybe.

Next, what Gus does (or does not do) at UCF next year has no bearing on which teams will or will not express interest in him. He is a Frank Broyles Award winner and a National Collegiate Coach of the Year. He has beaten Nick Saban more than any other coach in college football. He is the architect of the greatest play in college football history, and he produced a Heisman winning quarterback and two other SEC Offensive Players of the Year. He has coaches his teams to 3 New Year's Day bowls and a national championship game appearance.

I just don't foresee Scott Strickland at Florida, Joe Castiglione at Oklahoma, or Chris Del Conte at Texas making a point of contention on how UCF fares in its first season in the Big 12.

"Well, Gus it says here after back-to-back 9 win seasons in Orlando, you won only 8 games in the Big 12 before earning a Cheez-It Bowl bid against North Carolina. Can you explain why y'all only won eight games?"

I don't think so.

The bottom line is Gus ain't going anywhere unless Gus wants to go.

Last edited:
Ok, I will play along.

First, it has been TWENTY YEARs since UCF fired a head football coach. You can say y'all forced Leary to resign, but the team was 0-8 at the time. It's possible UCF could fall apart, but it would take a monumental collapse. There is always a chance I guess... like a 2% or 3% chance maybe.

Next, what Gus does (or does not do) at UCF next year has no bearing on which teams will or will not express interest in him. He is a Frank Broyles Award winner and a National Collegiate Coach of the Year. He has beaten Nick Saban more than any other coach in college football. He is the architect of the greatest play in college football history, and he produced a Heisman winning quarterback and two other SEC Offensive Players of the Year. He has coaches his teams to 3 New Year's Day bowls and a national championship game appearance.

I just don't foresee Scott Strickland at Florida, Joe Castiglione at Oklahoma, or Chris Del Conte at Texas making a point of contention on how UCF fares in its first season in the Big 12.

"Well, Gus it says here after back-to-back 9 win seasons in Orlando, you won only 8 games in the Big 12 before earning a Cheez-It Bowl bid against North Carolina. Can you explain why y'all only won eight games?"

I don't think so.

Bro. You have also said that “Gus gets any recruit he wants”. You don’t have any credibility when it comes to Malzon.

The man is 3-6 in bowl games as a coach and has never won a NY6. He gets paid $2.3M a year bro. Houston, BYU and Cincinnati pay their head coach 2X as much. Malzon will be the lowest paid coach in the Big 12.

It’s obvious that UCF has concerns about him and doesn’t want to extend him yet.There are zero top QBs that will play for him. None.

New b.s. about a “new” UCF offense that will throw deep. LOL whose “new” offense is that? Hinshaw’s? Lol. Who is going to throw deep for UCF? Who?

Plumlee can’t read defenses, doesn’t go through his progressions and has a weak arm. The Malzon passing offense with him is a one read deal with him getting rid of the ball quick…typically at the LOS or within five yards of it, then hope that the WR can break tackles.

What happens in third and long? JRP panics…gets confused by the defense and starts running around in the backfield, usually gets sacked, fumbles or throws an INT. Dude competed ONE pass over 20 yards vs Duke and that was on a play the WR was WIDE open on the outside and Plumlee threw a criminally under-thrown ball.

That’s the best Malzon can do at QB.

Year three at UCF and year three with a different OC. Hinshaw is just a weak yes man. Dude was an analyst at UCF two years ago. Zero offensive recruits will be rushing to play for Hinshaw. You should know this.

Malzon is trying to get extended at UCF with more money…that’s his only viable option. The probability of Malzon getting fired at UCF is many times greater than the probability of another P5 program hiring him to the their head coach.

Last edited:
Ok, I will play along.

I don't think so.

If you don’t think UCF would can him for underperforming you must think Gus is too good for UCF and our AD will put up with losing. UCF may not be Auburn with expectations, but empty stadiums, boosters withholding money and losing will get every coach fired. Just because Gus beat Saban that doesn’t put him anywhere close to that status. We’ve had excellent coaches at UCF and Gus can be replaced If he doesn’t win. He’ll get a couple of years in the Big 12, but if he’s not winning 9 or more games regularly and competing for a conference championship he’ll get replaced. Gus hasn’t even dominated the AAC as his predecessors did.

• Dislike
If you don’t think UCF would can him for underperforming you must think Gus is too good for UCF and our AD will put up with losing.
I don't think Gus Malzahn is capable of underperforming, and I think Terry Mohajir hit a home run with Gus, so he won't have to worry about losing.

If he’s not winning 9 or more games regularly and competing for a conference championship he’ll get replaced.
Gus has NEVER had a losing season. He does not plan to change that any time soon. UCF, to my knowledge, has NEVER fired a coach after a winning season. Those two things bode very well for Gus, so long as he wants to be in Orlando.

The man is 3-6 in bowl games as a coach and has never won a NY6.
More than half of his bowl losses are in NY6 games or national championships--meaning he got his team to that stage where other coaches failed.
It’s obvious that UCF has concerns about him and doesn’t want to extend him yet.
I have already addressed this. I will not rehash it.
New b.s. about a “new” UCF offense that will throw deep. LOL whose “new” offense is that? Hinshaw’s? Lol. Who is going to throw deep for UCF? Who?
It is Gus's offense.
Plumlee can’t read defenses, doesn’t go through his progressions and has a weak arm. The Malzon passing offense with him is a one read deal with him getting rid of the ball quick…typically at the LOS or within five yards of it, then hope that the WR can break tackles.
Facts.
What happens in third and long? JRP panics…gets confused by the defense and starts running around in the backfield, usually gets sacked, fumbles or throws an INT. Dude competed ONE pass over 20 yards vs Duke and that was on a play the WR was WIDE open on the outside and Plumlee threw a criminally under-thrown ball.
Facts.

But UCF does have a really good punter and kicker.
That’s the best Malzon can do at QB.
Subject to change.
Year three at UCF and year three with a different OC. Hinshaw is just a weak yes man. Dude was an analyst at UCF two years ago. Zero offensive recruits will be rushing to play for Hinshaw. You should know this.
Gus is the offensive coordinator. Gus has been the offensive coordinator for the past two seasons.
The probability of Malzon getting fired at UCF is many times greater than the probability of another P5 program hiring him to the their head coach.
He is a proven successful SEC coach. He got a raw deal at Auburn. Everybody knows that. He was fired amid a worldwide pandemic. He is going to be attractive for any SEC team.

I don't think Gus Malzahn is capable of underperforming, and I think Terry Mohajir hit a home run with Gus, so he won't have to worry about losing.

Gus has NEVER had a losing season. He does not plan to change that any time soon. UCF, to my knowledge, has NEVER fired a coach after a winning season. Those two things bode very well for Gus, so long as he wants to be in Orlando.
I hope you’re right and Gus wins so much that he becomes a hot commodity and everyone wants him. If he leaves…We’ll just rinse and repeat with our next coach. I like Gus, but until he pulls off the BCS seasons of his three UCF predecessors he’s not at their level.

He has to do that at UCF., not with all the advantages Auburn had when he was there. Otherwise he’s just a bunch of hype. 8 win seasons should be the floor at UCF. I’ll get excited when he has us playing for Big XII championships. I think he’s capable, but so far…he’s not too good to coach at UCF as you like to portray him. If he was, he’d already be coaching at another big SEC school…and he’s not.

Again, I like Gus and I’m glad he’s at UCF. I also realize it takes a few years to build his program, ….but I do expect to be competing for a conference championship by his fourth, maybe fifth year of his recruits.

Last edited:
Fire any and every coach at UCF that ever loses a game. And fire their replacements if they lose a game. In every sport. We are entitled to perfect seasons. We are UCF.

Unless the given coach triple masks and octuple mRNA vaxes before the game like the majority all of you COVIDiots advocated so hard for and now conveniently pretend you didn’t. But …….if the given coach is masked and vaxed up. Then that loss is forgiven.

Can’t believe you people still speak hear, and expect to be taken seriously.

Fire any and every coach at UCF that ever loses a game. And fire their replacements if they lose a game. In every sport. We are entitled to perfect seasons. We are UCF.

Unless the given coach triple masks and octuple mRNA vaxes before the game like the majority all of you COVIDiots advocated so hard for and now conveniently pretend you didn’t. But …….if the given coach is masked and vaxed up. Then that loss is forgiven.

Can’t believe you people still speak hear, and expect to be taken seriously.
Rut-Roh...

AL1 has made some very solid points. It would not surprise me if it were Gus who has been reluctant to sign an extension with UCF…dude was in the SEC over a decade and probably wants to get back there.

The reality is that there’s a universe of distance between an SEC program and a place like UCF. I don’t see UCF or it’s weak AD firing Gus under just about any circumstance…who would step in for him? Mohajir is a bean counter and weak…facts.

Just look at Johnny Dawkings for a quick example of how weak Mohajir is. There’s no doubt that Malhazan is a more accomplished coach than Dawkings can ever hope to become. Dawkings keeps falling on his face but his job is safe. Mohajir is a beta AD…he’ll never fire Gus.

Do I believe that there will be a demand for Malhazan as an SEC head coach. No, I don’t…he has done nothing at UCF but repeat the same mistakes he made at Auburn…his ceiling is low, his best days as a head coach are long gone.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: U C to the F
Do I believe that there will be a demand for Malhazan as an SEC head coach. No, I don’t…he has done nothing at UCF but repeat the same mistakes he made at Auburn…his ceiling is low, his best days as a head coach are long gone.

We'll see. The last two UCF coaches landed offers from SEC West programs. On the outside looking in, Florida appears to be in position to make a move with Napier, but he could get a mulligan due his contract structure.

A darkhorse SEC West program that could benefit from hiring Gus is Missouri. The Tigers have poured money and infrastructure into their program the last few years, but have little to show for it. Eli Drinkwitz is a Gus protege' so a Gus transition to Missouri would be seamless. Drinkwitz does have a $7 or $8 million buyout to contend with, though, having recently signed a contract extension.

Gus Malzahn What GIF by ESPN

We'll see. The last two UCF coaches landed offers from SEC West programs. On the outside looking in, Florida appears to be in position to make a move with Napier, but he could get a mulligan due his contract structure.

A darkhorse SEC West program that could benefit from hiring Gus is Missouri. The Tigers have poured money and infrastructure into their program the last few years, but have little to show for it. Eli Drinkwitz is a Gus protege' so a Gus transition to Missouri would be seamless. Drinkwitz does have a $7 or $8 million buyout to contend with, though, having recently signed a contract extension.

Look dude…Malzon was already a head coach at Auburn for almost a decade. His bowl record there was 2-5 and never managed to win a nY6.

He’s an old dude now and he was fired at Auburn. He was given a full $21.5M to just go away and disappear. His name doesn’t move the needle with fans or more importantly with boosters.

You, for whatever strange reason, are obsessed with the guy. That’s your problem but you need to recognize the reality of the situation. Most SEC schools will have desirable, high quality options for a HC job. Why back track on an old dude with a low ceiling and a high floor? What does this guy bring to the table my man?

We are all gonna die from global warming in 2013. So what’s the point ?

Mask up. It’s safe to do. It’s really healthy for you.

Oh. and inject Covid mRNA twice daily.

Look dude…Malzon was already a head coach at Auburn for almost a decade. His bowl record there was 2-5 and never managed to win a nY6.

He’s an old dude now and he was fired at Auburn. He was given a full $21.5M to just go away and disappear. His name doesn’t move the needle with fans or more importantly with boosters.

You, for whatever strange reason, are obsessed with the guy. That’s your problem but you need to recognize the reality of the situation. Most SEC schools will have desirable, high quality options for a HC job. Why back track on an old dude with a low ceiling and a high floor? What does this guy bring to the table my man?
That “old dude” Saban keeps winning over and over again and he’s been “old” for a long time. O’Leary’s old self took UCF to heights never seen before. I laugh at the young whipper snappers who think that younger is better. Frost was “young” and fell flat on his face.

There are good and bad coaches at all ages. Every old coach is probably still coaching because they’ve still been winning. It’s like that young know it all who sits in a meeting thinking he/she has all of the answers to only be corrected by everyone else in the meeting. Everyone just shakes their head after the meeting ends and wants to hand the know it all a tissue to wipe their runny nose. 🤣

If anybody knows about failed coaches its a Canes fan. They haven't won a conference since 2003 so a lot of experience here we should pay attention to this.

Do you think 8 win seasons and a loss in the Military bowl get Gus a job at UF or it’s equivalent in stature?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT