ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

People die in large numbers over the flu too. What is your threshold level of deaths where we need to shutdown?
We aren’t making the decisions on shutdowns. I think that’s the problem. Leaders red or blue have indicated they will take steps to stop the spread of the virus if cases are increasing. I think you need to step back and ask yourself what you truly want. Because a return to normalcy and a so called herd immunity aren’t options that our elected officials have chosen to take to this point. I’d like to see a return to normalcy. Logically I know that only occurs if we appear to have things under control. We lost control in Florida and now need to reign it back in a bit.

None of those problems are fixed. Schools are staying closed, unemployment is highest in years, I'm sure mental health is still down. Its just that now a bunch of people are also dead. Florida had the most deaths in the country yesterday. 1 out of every 3 people who died in Florida yesterday died of covid-19.

Since Florida refuses to dial anything back they are now projected to have 15,000 additional deaths by November.

You serious Clark? You think Florida is going to average 150 deaths per day over 100 days? That seems unlikely unless DeSantis pulls a Cuomo on the rest homes.

Well i guess fauci did say that New York handled this correctly so it will be a success if Florida hits 32000 deaths.

Tests are up 37%, cases are up 194%, it's more than just testing.
Test in fla have gone from 7500 to 10k per day in mid april, to 100k per day now. ... Not a math major, but you may want to rethink your math. I believe that is more than 37%. In fact I would venture to say it is much closer to the 194%

Test in fla have gone from 7500 to 10k per day in mid april, to 100k per day now. ... Not a math major, but you may want to rethink your math. I believe that is more than 37%. In fact I would venture to say it is much closer to the 194%
I’ll help you. If we have increased from 10k to 100k tests in mid April that is a 900% increase. The rolling 7 day case average on April 15 was 875. It is now 11424. That’s a 1200% increase. Not sure what it all means but thought I’d help you with the math.

Reactions: DaShuckster
The mask orders for the last month are sure keeping the spread down ;)
Its pretty funny if you think about it. I'd guess probably at least half of all people are wearing masks and have been for months but here we are in a HUGE second wave. Of course the narrative is "well it would be even worse", but we are still pretty much on target to hit the numbers they predicted 4 months ago.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
That was the entire point it would subside in the summer and come back in the fall/winter.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2020/06/02/will-warm-weather-slow-spread-of-novel-coronavirus/
Do you read what you post? It specifically says experts didn’t think the weather would have an impact. Just a mango moron.

“We’ll obviously have to wait a few months to get the data. But for now, many researchers have their doubts that the COVID-19 pandemic will enter a needed summertime lull. Among them are some experts on infectious disease transmission and climate modeling, who ran a series of sophisticated computer simulations of how the virus will likely spread over the coming months [1]. This research team found that humans’ current lack of immunity to SARS-CoV-2—not the weather—will likely be a primary factor driving the continued, rapid spread of the novel coronavirus this summer and into the fall.”

Do you read what you post? It specifically says experts didn’t think the weather would have an impact. Just a mango moron.

“We’ll obviously have to wait a few months to get the data. But for now, many researchers have their doubts that the COVID-19 pandemic will enter a needed summertime lull.
The fact that the country's summertime hot spots are Florida, Texas, California, and Arizona should tell you all you need to know about the "it will magically disappear this summer" nonsense.

The expert that said that was the President.
Meh.. Trump is not the only one that said that. He provided a link

It appears from this model that such measures, in combination with warm temperatures, actually might combine well to help slow the spread of this devastating virus.

Meh.. Trump is not the only one that said that. He provided a link

It appears from this model that such measures, in combination with warm temperatures, actually might combine well to help slow the spread of this devastating virus.
He provided a link citing scientists that said it would go way in the summer due to heat and humidity? Did I miss it? The link he provided had a headline that posed it as a question and then went on to say that scientists didn’t think it would go away in the summer.

Hurry up and send these kids back to school so that they can one day become Doctors and Scientists and everyone can ignore them.

Hurry up and send these kids back to school so that they can one day become Doctors and Scientists and everyone can ignore them.

The doctors and scientists have already gone on record supporting mass gatherings, even into the hundreds of thousands.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT