ADVERTISEMENT

The Indians/Pakistanis are giving me more side work than I can handle :P

Dmarino110

Diamond Knight
Oct 9, 2001
I have been getting like 4 PCs a week because of people calling from "Microsoft windows" and telling them that their computers have been infected and they will be glad to help them. Get on the PC, remove admin access, creating new accounts, and locking you out of your stuff.

I've had 1 guy in his 80s call me twice. I told him he cant trust these people. Microsoft doesnt know or care if your PC is infected.

I actually got called on my cell phone the other day while I was in a meeting. I put him on speaker and proceeded to panic about why he couldnt get on my PC and fix it. I finally asked which PC, to which he asked you have more than 1 on the connection, and i said yeah we have 500 and he was talking to the IT department. Click. (I feel bad he has to do that to pay his bills but that doesnt mean I cant screw with him)

If you have parents that will fall for this, take their admin access away.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I have been getting like 4 PCs a week because of people calling from "Microsoft windows" and telling them that their computers have been infected and they will be glad to help them. Get on the PC, remove admin access, creating new accounts, and locking you out of your stuff.

I've had 1 guy in his 80s call me twice. I told him he cant trust these people. Microsoft doesnt know or care if your PC is infected.

I actually got called on my cell phone the other day while I was in a meeting. I put him on speaker and proceeded to panic about why he couldnt get on my PC and fix it. I finally asked which PC, to which he asked you have more than 1 on the connection, and i said yeah we have 500 and he was talking to the IT department. Click. (I feel bad he has to do that to pay his bills but that doesnt mean I cant screw with him)

If you have parents that will fall for this, take their admin access away.
I love messing with those guys. I've been called three times and I've ended up making every single one of them cuss me out.

I started saying which pc, too. It’s funny how fast they hang up.

With the exception of my single, "legacy Steam Appliance" (Windows 10), I'm all Linux. Fedora, RHEL and my "modern Steam Appliance" (SteamOS) are the only OSes I have.

So I just refute them, "I only have Linux. Don't make me trace you."

That said, this article explains why this is happening ...
"The sheer number of young people has yet to become an asset: only 2.3% of the Indian workforce has had formal training in skills (compared with 96% in South Korea) and less than a fifth of Indian graduates are immediately employable."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT