ADVERTISEMENT

The mighty sec!!

Is crazyhole pretending like there’s not tons of DATA showing the SEC has superior players and superior teams? His argument is a tired one and doesn’t hold up to the least bit of scrutiny. By and large, teams in the SEC recruit better players, they have better teams, and far more of their players go to the NFL. This isn’t rocket science.

2019- Auburn beat Oregon. LSU plays Texas, A%M plays Clemson, Florida beat Miami. USC played UNC and will play Clemson. Georgia plays ND in a couple of weeks. Alabama played Duke and always opens against a P5 team. Miss St plays K-State, TEnn plays BYU, etc etc.
2018-Auburn played #6 Washington
LSU-played Miami
A%M- played Clemson
Ole Miss played Texas Tech
Missouri played Purdue
UT played WVU
ETC ETC
And none of that includes the rivalry games at the end of the year vs ACC schools.

So yeah, obviously you are correct, the SEC only schedules FBS teams for their non conference games and should schedule more like the Big 10. Ohio State playing Cinci, Miami (OH) and FAU is certainly more of a non conference test. Iowa playing Iow St, MIami OH, and MTSU, is very stout. Who knows how Penn St is going to survive Idaho, Buffalo, and Pitt, very tough out of conference scheduling. Much more difficult than what SEC teams play, thanks for showing me the light. Arent you a Nebraska fan? I bet that game against South Alabama last week was one you had been looking forward too since South Alabama is so good, maybe one day the SEC will follow the Big 10s lead with all those tough OOC games.

You're the one claiming SEC superiority, I'm not claiming Big10 superiority. But let's look at the SEC non conference schedules for what they really are:

56 games total
4 opponents are ranked
12 are p5 schools + ND
13 are FCS schools

Now keep in mind that ESPN says that the 13 hardest schedules in the country are all in the SEC this year and the remaining school comes in at 16th. So basically they are saying that out of 56 games, the 4 ooc games against ranked opponents is super, super hard. If not, they are basically just showing their ass and claiming that the SEC is so good that nobody else should even play this year because your conference sucks.

You're the one claiming SEC superiority, I'm not claiming Big10 superiority. But let's look at the SEC non conference schedules for what they really are:

56 games total
4 opponents are ranked
12 are p5 schools + ND
13 are FCS schools

Now keep in mind that ESPN says that the 13 hardest schedules in the country are all in the SEC this year and the remaining school comes in at 16th. So basically they are saying that out of 56 games, the 4 ooc games against ranked opponents is super, super hard. If not, they are basically just showing their ass and claiming that the SEC is so good that nobody else should even play this year because your conference sucks.

Ok, now do the Big 10. Show me their non conference slate of top tier games. I just went through 4 Big 10 teams and the best opponent was Iowa St. So, since you don't think the SEC OOC schedules are up to par and the Big 10 is so superior, then give me the Big 10 OOC games that are important. Michigan plays Notre Dame, Iowa plays Iowa St, those are couple that I know of. OSU plays Cincy, a solid G5 school, but not on the level of Clemson or Texas I don't believe. But, beyond that and just looking at a few teams I didn't see many others, so point out the big games I am missing.

So if you think the Big 10 is so superior to the SEC in OOC scheduling, then it should be easy for you to list some Big 10 OOC games just like I did with the SEC.

Last edited:
Is crazyhole pretending like there’s not tons of DATA showing the SEC has superior players and superior teams? His argument is a tired one and doesn’t hold up to the least bit of scrutiny. By and large, teams in the SEC recruit better players, they have better teams, and far more of their players go to the NFL. This isn’t rocket science.

I don't have a problem with people criticizing the SEC or not thinking it as dominant as a lot of people make it out to be, though there is data as you say that we can actually look at. . But besides that, if someone wants to criticize the SEC, if it is within reason that is fine. It is sports, so a lot of it is just someones opinion. But acting like it is nothing but an average conference, or they don't play anyone out of conference, and stuff like that is also a completely biased argument. The 3 biggest games of the first two weeks of the season, are an SEC team VS a nationally ranked non conference team, but somehow people still try to go with this idea that the SEC plays no one out of conference.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, are we talking about the NFL or college football?

Ok, now do the Big 10. Show me their non conference slate of top tier games. I just went through 4 Big 10 teams and the best opponent was Iowa St. So, since you don't think the SEC OOC schedules are up to par and the Big 10 is so superior, then give me the Big 10 OOC games that are important. Michigan plays Notre Dame, Iowa plays Iowa St, those are couple that I know of. OSU plays Cincy, a solid G5 school, but not on the level of Clemson or Texas I don't believe. But, beyond that and just looking at a few teams I didn't see many others, so point out the big games I am missing.

So if you think the Big 10 is so superior to the SEC in OOC scheduling, then it should be easy for you to list some Big 10 OOC games just like I did with the SEC.

The big ten ooc schedule:

Total games: 42
P5 opponents: 9
Ranked opponents: 4.
FCS opponents: 2

So fewer total games by 14 total, same number of ranked opponents, fewer FCS opponents by 11, and fewer P5 opponents by 4. Not glaringly obvious because of the fact that the Big10 plays fewer ooc games than the SEC but the quality of opponent is probably higher overall with that many fewer FCS opponents. Clemson and Oregon are better top end opponents for the SEC overall, but I don't think that makes up for so many FCS teams on the schedule.

I'm sorry, are we talking about the NFL or college football?

But NFL players come from college football, and the most talented players are the ones who make it to the NFL. That isn't to say the best college team always has the best NFL prospects, or that there aren't really good college players who for whatever reason aren't considered good NFL prospects. But you also cant possibly discount that a team or conference filled with NFL prospects isn't going to be a strong conference with a lot of talented players.

Last edited:
The big ten ooc schedule:

Total games: 42
P5 opponents: 9
Ranked opponents: 4.
FCS opponents: 2

So fewer total games by 14 total, same number of ranked opponents, fewer FCS opponents by 11, and fewer P5 opponents by 4. Not glaringly obvious because of the fact that the Big10 plays fewer ooc games than the SEC but the quality of opponent is probably higher overall with that many fewer FCS opponents. Clemson and Oregon are better top end opponents for the SEC overall, but I don't think that makes up for so many FCS teams on the schedule.

So you think the lower end of the non conference schedule (FCS teams) is more impactful than the higher end (Clemson X2, Oregon, Texas)? To each their own but I would argue it is the exact opposite. Regardless, you havent remotely shown that the Big 10 is highly superior to the SEC in OOC scheduling, which is kind of what your argument was.

Georgia has only beaten 1 top 20 non-conference opponent since 2014. And yet they are somehow a perennial top 5 team. Auburn has also beaten only one. LSU, carrying the weight of the conference has beaten 3.

In 2017 UGA beat #11 Notre Dame and #3 Oklahoma.

In 2016 they opened up with and beat #22 UNC, and in 2014 they opened up with and beat # 16 Clemson. Plus ND a few years ago. SO yeah, not sure exactly what information he is using. I don't know if UNC and Clemson finished ranked, but they were ranked when UGA played them.

Auburn has also beat #20 K-State in 2014, Louisville in 2015, lost to Clemson twice (didn't win, but cant say it was a cupcake OOC game), #6 Washington last year and Oregon this year. SO yeah, not sure how what info he is using for rankings.

Reactions: bluechip12
I would be happy with any changes that nix 1/3 of the current bowl lineup.

THAT would make the regular season more meaningful.

you havent remotely shown that the Big 10 is highly superior to the SEC in OOC scheduling, which is kind of what your argument was.
When you compare SEC to B1G OOC schedules, keep in mind that the B1G starts out with a much stronger overall strength of schedule because it plays nine conference games while the SEC plays only eight (so the SEC big dawgs can schedule a patsy breather in November. You don’t think that gives them a clear advantage?

Reactions: knight_tracker
The clear advantage is not having to worry about having Alabama, Texas A & M, Auburn, Florida, LSU, and Georgia on your schedule.

When you compare SEC to B1G OOC schedules, keep in mind that the B1G starts out with a much stronger overall strength of schedule because it plays nine conference games while the SEC plays only eight (so the SEC big dawgs can schedule a patsy breather in November. You don’t think that gives them a clear advantage?
He was specifically talking about out of conference.

So you think the lower end of the non conference schedule (FCS teams) is more impactful than the higher end (Clemson X2, Oregon, Texas)? To each their own but I would argue it is the exact opposite. Regardless, you havent remotely shown that the Big 10 is highly superior to the SEC in OOC scheduling, which is kind of what your argument was.

This is why it's impossible to discuss anything with you. Where did I say the big 10 is superior, let alone highly superior? I specifically said that they are probably equal, and that was after the last time you said I claimed that the Big10 was superior.

Notre Dame was #24 when they played. I based this off of the rankings at the time the teams played because, quite honestly, it's just easier to go to the teams wikipedia page for each year. I went as far back as 2015.

This is why it's impossible to discuss anything with you. Where did I say the big 10 is superior, let alone highly superior? I specifically said that they are probably equal, and that was after the last time you said I claimed that the Big10 was superior.

You were arguing the SEC only plays each other and FCS schools, so the Big 10 had superior schedules. If you werent trying to say that and that scheduling was pretty equal, then why would you even bring up the scheduling to try and make a point?

Notre Dame was #24 when they played. I based this off of the rankings at the time the teams played because, quite honestly, it's just easier to go to the teams wikipedia page for each year. I went as far back as 2015.

I went to 2014 (which your inital post said) and showed UGA played and beat 3 ranked teams in that time frame, and Auburn has played 5, winning 3 of the 5. That is including Oregon this year, but I didnt include Notre Dame for UGA yet since its not for a couple of week, but assuming ND is ranked, that will be the 4th non conference ranked teams for UGA since 2014. They also play GA Tech every year who arent great by any means, but since 2014 they did win 11 games one year (finished 8th in the AP poll) and won their division, and they won 9 games one year, so they arent always a pushover.

Last edited:
They’re going to continue arguing about this through November

WHy does it matter? IT was a UCF fan and board regular who started the thread, and quite frankly, if you arent interested in it then why not read another thread? ITs not like we are hijacking a thread specific to UCF. If that was the case, I would understand it. But, we are talking about the SEC, in a thread about the SEC.

WHy does it matter? IT was a UCF fan and board regular who started the thread, and quite frankly, if you arent interested in it then why not read another thread? ITs not like we are hijacking a thread specific to UCF. If that was the case, I would understand it. But, we are talking about the SEC, in a thread about the SEC.
No, you’re talking about the big ten too - 2 week bans all around!! :p

Reactions: ahabmw
Cubs can’t not respond, he’s the self proclaimed defender of all things SEC (if you ask him, he’s only spitting facts). If you want to piss him off, do what @Crazyhole is doing and he’ll stay triggered and respond quickly. It’s quite sad tbh.

Cubs can’t not respond, he’s the self proclaimed defender of all things SEC (if you ask him, he’s only spitting facts). If you want to piss him off, do what @Crazyhole is doing and he’ll stay triggered and respond quickly. It’s quite sad tbh.

I dont know what this means, but having a conversation isnt being triggered. If I cared what you thought of me I would suggest that commenting on a thread or topic that you have made clear you have no interest in, just to try to insult people who arent even having a conversation with you, is a much bigger sign of being triggered. But I dont care so I wont suggest that.

Reactions: bluechip12
I don't have a problem with people criticizing the SEC or not thinking it as dominant as a lot of people make it out to be, though there is data as you say that we can actually look at. . But besides that, if someone wants to criticize the SEC, if it is within reason that is fine. It is sports, so a lot of it is just someones opinion. But acting like it is nothing but an average conference, or they don't play anyone out of conference, and stuff like that is also a completely biased argument. The 3 biggest games of the first two weeks of the season, are an SEC team VS a nationally ranked non conference team, but somehow people still try to go with this idea that the SEC plays no one out of conference.
Reading this is like watching tennis....back and forth. Neither of you brought up home game versus true road games. This is more important than the conference name stitched on the jersey. Both conferences do what they can to avoid true road games at all costs. Why? Because winning true road games is tough. When we played Michigan in 2016 they had 8 home games that year....8. In order to get so many home games they have to find programs willing to come to your place and collect a paycheck and not want a game in return, or take a 2-for-1. The current pay disparity between the P5 and non-P5 conferences forces many teams to take these games because they simply need the money. Better yet FCS schools drool over the piles of cash put out there to get a beat down. They would gladly like to keep it this way so they don’t have to compete with “the rest of us”. Versus P5 schools the AAC went 2-4, and the MWC went 4-3. The home teams went 11-2 so home field prevailed over the conference name stitched on the jersey.

This is the real point. Using your finances to crush the competition or attempt to keep them down. The NCAA just sits idly by and let’s it happen because in the end they take in massive dollars and don’t care.

Reactions: wjustincottrell
Reading this is like watching tennis....back and forth. Neither of you brought up home game versus true road games. This is more important than the conference name stitched on the jersey. Both conferences do what they can to avoid true road games at all costs. Why? Because winning true road games is tough. When we played Michigan in 2016 they had 8 home games that year....8. In order to get so many home games they have to find programs willing to come to your place and collect a paycheck and not want a game in return, or take a 2-for-1. The current pay disparity between the P5 and non-P5 conferences forces many teams to take these games because they simply need the money. Better yet FCS schools drool over the piles of cash put out there to get a beat down. They would gladly like to keep it this way so they don’t have to compete with “the rest of us”. Versus P5 schools the AAC went 2-4, and the MWC went 4-3. The home teams went 11-2 so home field prevailed over the conference name stitched on the jersey.

A&M is playing at Clemson this Saturday and LSU is playing Texas in Austin this Saturday. Those are both true road games. UGA also played at ND in 2017. There are plenty of other examples in the recent past, and plenty more examples already scheduled in the next few years. Every top tier SEC team has multiple home and homes scheduled throughout the 2020s against teams like Clemson, Texas, Wisconson, UCLA, Colorado, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Miami, FSU, etc etc.

Last edited:
In 2016 they opened up with and beat #22 UNC, and in 2014 they opened up with and beat # 16 Clemson. Plus ND a few years ago. SO yeah, not sure exactly what information he is using. I don't know if UNC and Clemson finished ranked, but they were ranked when UGA played them.

Auburn has also beat #20 K-State in 2014, Louisville in 2015, lost to Clemson twice (didn't win, but cant say it was a cupcake OOC game), #6 Washington last year and Oregon this year. SO yeah, not sure how what info he is using for rankings.
The only rankings that matter is after the regular season is over (including conference championship games) and then after all the remainder of games are played. Then, and only then, can you say you beat a ranked team or not. This includes ourselves. Stanford and Pitt seem alright on paper but after the games are played and the dust settles after the regular season, then and only then can anyone brag about beating ranked teams. In 2013 we lost by 3 to a South Carolina team that finished 4th, beat a Baylor team that finished 13th, and beat a Loserville team that finished 15. This doesn’t mean you can’t still have a great season or team by beating a bunch of solid teams that would have been ranked had you not beat them but this needs to be kept in mind when assessing wins and losses. It’s not where you start but where you finish.

Perhaps one of the most bizarre seasons in college football is 1984 when BYU won a Natty. They beat #3 Pitt in week 1 but Pitt ended up 3-7-1. They only beat 5 teams with winning records, and they had 8, 7, 6, 6, and 6 wins. One of those teams was a 6-5 Michigan team they beat in thier bowl game. So the #1 ranked team in the country played a 6-5 team in a bowl game. Just bizarre.

Last edited:
A&M is playing at Clemson this Saturday and LSU is playing Texas in Austin this Saturday. Those are both true road games. UGA also played at ND in 2017. There are plenty of other examples in the recent past, and plenty more examples already scheduled in the next few years. Every top tier SEC team has multiple home and homes scheduled throughout the 2020s against teams like Clemson, Texas, Wisconson, UCLA, Colorado, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Miami, FSU, etc etc.
And we will see how they fare on the road...

Last edited:
Proved my point, can’t just “let it go”, and responds quickly (within 5 minutes of the posting and I didn’t even tag you). You’re sitting at your computer hitting refresh just waiting to tell someone they’re wrong. You’re a bully and a tool who I believe our board would be better off not having. You add 0 value.

Pound your chest little man. One day, I hope you’re not here.

Blue chip, I noticed you like all his posts. I have no beef with what you say. You’re always willing to have a civil debate. Cubs, my frustration will always lie with you as the only thing you’ve done on this board is try to tell us to know our place. We know our place, rent free in your head.

You were arguing the SEC only plays each other and FCS schools, so the Big 10 had superior schedules. If you werent trying to say that and that scheduling was pretty equal, then why would you even bring up the scheduling to try and make a point?

Again, when comparing schedules I said they look pretty equal. But please, tell me how it's possible that the SEC has the 13 hardest schedules in the country without ESPN showing preference to SEC teams automatically.

Proved my point, can’t just “let it go”, and responds quickly (within 5 minutes of the posting and I didn’t even tag you). You’re sitting at your computer hitting refresh just waiting to tell someone they’re wrong. You’re a bully and a tool who I believe our board would be better off not having. You add 0 value.

Pound your chest little man. One day, I hope you’re not here.

Blue chip, I noticed you like all his posts. I have no beef with what you say. You’re always willing to have a civil debate. Cubs, my frustration will always lie with you as the only thing you’ve done on this board is try to tell us to know our place. We know our place, rent free in your head.

The irony is you telling me Im pounding my chest while you are coming out of no where to try and belittle me. I quoted you once in this thread, specifically because you attacked me, but besides that I barely know who you are and you don't even register with me. If you think someone is pounding their chest, then you might want to look in the mirror. Just put me on ignore, I don't understand why that is difficult. I couldn't possibly care less if we ever engaged with each other again, you don't want me here, so why not just put me on ignore? Problem solved.

Again, when comparing schedules I said they look pretty equal. But please, tell me how it's possible that the SEC has the 13 hardest schedules in the country without ESPN showing preference to SEC teams automatically.

I would love to respond man, but I believe we (and specifically I for some reason) are hurting the sensitivities of one of the locals, so I will probably just stick to the water cooler for the most part. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings talking about another conference.

The irony is you telling me Im pounding my chest while you are coming out of no where to try and belittle me. I quoted you once in this thread, specifically because you attacked me, but besides that I barely know who you are and you don't even register with me. If you think someone is pounding their chest, then you might want to look in the mirror. Just put me on ignore, I don't understand why that is difficult. I couldn't possibly care less if we ever engaged with each other again, you don't want me here, so why not just put me on ignore? Problem solved.

1. My feelings aren’t hurt, you just annoy me. You speak in circles repeating the same thing in every post. You won’t even consider where someone else is coming from. IF the SEC is better, it’s not so significantly better that it’s even worth arguing about. Say your piece and move on, we heard you and disagree, nothing wrong with that.

2. I only get annoyed with people who continue to visit the site to trash our program or spread negativity. Show me one positive thing you’ve said about UCF or any UCF poster and I’ll shut up. Each fan on this board is entitled to their opinion without some geek who has memorized the NCAA farmers almanac coming behind them. Many of us don’t like what the SEC stands for and don’t think they deserve the hype. Personal opinion and I don’t care what Wikipedia says.

3. UCF fans, if I’m out of line, and you want me to STFU, I will. Just reply, tell me to STFU and I’ll be glad to do so.

4. Tijuana Flats is the undefeated national champs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT