ADVERTISEMENT

The Navy

EweSeaEff

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2007
Clearwater
Exactly what in the hell is going on? Granted, I don't follow news of the Navy with great regularity; so, is this kind of thing SOP? Or are we really facing some unexplained epidemic?

HAVOC ON THE HIGH SEAS

It's nuts. This is something that rarely happens every 10-15 years or so, and here we have 2 catastrophic accidents weeks apart.

You'd think with the technology on these ships, running into merchant vessels wouldn't be an issue.

With the radar these ships have I just can't understand what is going on. Small quick moving boats are one thing, but an oil tanker and a cargo ship? How the hell do you not see this giant ass ships.

SCS is the most crowded sea in the world. Pretty ridiculous though, but maybe if the squids spent less time engaging in homosexual activity and more time Manning the helm this would not be happening

Reactions: btbones
Reading into this a little bit. I wonder whether they're trying to enforce sanctions. Perhaps it's N. Korean oil or something like that. I can't imagine they literally were unable to avoid collision. I think they were attempting to board and the vessel refused and it eventually led to the collision.

If I were John McCain I would order an immediate Congressional Investigation.

Evidently the 7th Fleet Commander is the head on a stake the Navy needs for a scapegoat, he just got axed.

Evidently the 7th Fleet Commander is the head on a stake the Navy needs for a scapegoat, he just got axed.

These accidents with traffic loss of life almost back to back (plus 2 other minor accidents recently) is inexcusable as actions and or inaction from those on the Bridge make it seem like they have never been properly trained.

I still think this collision is related to North Korea stuff. New sanctions for China and Russia for doing business with North Korea were announced yesterday: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...992312-8743-11e7-961d-2f373b3977ee_story.html

Boarding procedure includes a call to stop and if the vessel refuses, to barricade it's path to force it to stop. Seems like they're not stopping under any condition. There's more to this story from a foreign policy perspective and it's a shame the media isn't doing its job to uncover it.

These accidents with traffic loss of life almost back to back (plus 2 other minor accidents recently) is inexcusable as actions and or inaction from those on the Bridge make it seem like they have never been properly trained.

I always enjoy your posts on topics that you obviously have zero knowledge of. Entertaining to no end.

I still think this collision is related to North Korea stuff. New sanctions for China and Russia for doing business with North Korea were announced yesterday: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...992312-8743-11e7-961d-2f373b3977ee_story.html

Boarding procedure includes a call to stop and if the vessel refuses, to barricade it's path to force it to stop. Seems like they're not stopping under any condition. There's more to this story from a foreign policy perspective and it's a shame the media isn't doing its job to uncover it.

Ummm, no.

This was an oil tanker headed for Singapore in the busiest shipping lane in the world. I haven't seen anything suggesting the tanker had anything to do with N Korea. I also haven't seen anything suggesting the McCain was attempting to stop the ship; just that they stupidly bashed into it on accident.

Plus this port is near Malaysia and Singapore. Aka nowhere near Korea. A flight from Singapore to Seoul is at least 8-10 hours.

Here's a picture of ships waiting outside port. There are hundreds of more ships in the strait awaiting their turn. It's like a massive highway / parking lot.

I always enjoy your posts on topics that you obviously have zero knowledge of. Entertaining to no end.

You are right. These 2 recent collisions that killed 17 sailors is a great example of top notch training and preparedness and should be used an an exemplary sample of what is right with the training methods of the US Navy.

Reactions: btbones
You are right. These 2 recent collisions that killed 17 sailors is a great example of top notch training and preparedness and should be used an an exemplary sample of what is right with the training methods of the US Navy.

Keep it coming, I just popped a fresh bag of popcorn.

Ummm, no.

This was an oil tanker headed for Singapore in the busiest shipping lane in the world. I haven't seen anything suggesting the tanker had anything to do with N Korea. I also haven't seen anything suggesting the McCain was attempting to stop the ship; just that they stupidly bashed into it on accident.

Plus this port is near Malaysia and Singapore. Aka nowhere near Korea. A flight from Singapore to Seoul is at least 8-10 hours.

Here's a picture of ships waiting outside port. There are hundreds of more ships in the strait awaiting their turn. It's like a massive highway / parking lot.

Perhaps. I just find it hard to believe a US Navy ship with the technology to knock an incoming missile out of the sky is incapable of successfully traversing a transport ship parking lot. If defies logic to me.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I thought you popped something in your shorts? (Or did you already have your reconstructive surgery?)

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT