ADVERTISEMENT

The obligatory offseason lets discuss B12 expansion thread

1 of these Knights

Four-Star Recruit
Sep 21, 2001
Seems like we have not had a beat a dead horse discussion in a while so I will start one only because of what OU president was discussing. He had some interesting quotes which shed some light at least on his thinking.

“Not every school in America is available. They’re already in other Power 5 conferences and so on. There are some other schools around the country that are not in Power 5 conferences that have not given grants of rights that are fairly attractive. We’re doing in-depth looks at each one of them to get all the data. What’s their fan base? What economic impact would they be? If we added them, would it dilute the soup or would it make the soup thicker, so to speak, for all the remaining members of the conference?”

Seems to me that they know they are going to have to look at a G5 school. Economic impact will be the biggest issue.

I think all the people that quit going to the games last season blew it. If they would have kept going in spite of the losing we would have made a statement.

Reactions: Square Knight
I think all the people that quit going to the games last season blew it. If they would have kept going in spite of the losing we would have made a statement.
Well it certainly would not have hurt, but I doubt they will be looking at short term trends.

deadhorse8x.jpg

We need to start scoring points and filling seats. That will do more for our chances than winning CUSAmerican with a strong running game and defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT