ADVERTISEMENT

The real reason Pelosi won’t hold a floor vote for Impeachment inquiry

Sir Galahad

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2004
Tampa
It would allow republicans to have subpoena power as well with no limitations. Without a floor vote, Democrat’s subpoenas mean nothing. If all dem’s really want is the truth, why are they so scared of giving equal power to both sides?

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
The Constitution also doesn't require it.
There is precedent as well, otherwise it looks to the American people like it does, one party hit job. This will be upheld with any court case as well when the dem’s try to take the administration to court of non compliance with subpoenas. Right now the republicans are being left out of all meetings as well as witness questioning. Hardly the American way.

There is precedent as well, otherwise it looks to the American people like it does, one party hit job. This will be upheld with any court case as well when the dem’s try to take the administration to court of non compliance with subpoenas. Right now the republicans are being left out of all meetings as well as witness questioning. Hardly the American way.
It’s not in the U.S. Constitution but it’s not ‘The American way’?

The MAGA Hat spin is in full force this morning!

Last edited:
It’s a smart move. As long as they don’t vote to hold an official inquiry/investigation, they can keep all accusers secret and interview whoever they want while leaking whatever they want. It’s theatre meant to drive the political media cycle. They learned their lesson well with Kavanaugh and most likely won’t make the mistake of letting the accusers be scrutinized again.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It’s a smart move. As long as they don’t vote to hold an official inquiry/investigation, they can keep all accusers secret and interview whoever they want while leaking whatever they want. It’s theatre meant to drive the political media cycle. They learned their lesson well with Kavanaugh and most likely won’t make the mistake of letting the accusers be scrutinized again.

Bingo. And we know that slimeball Schiff secretly met with the "whistleblower" before his report was actually filed, so they're wise to not bring an actual floor vote or risk having even more "details" like this come to light. These aren't serious people, they're just pulling this shit yet again to drag the President through the mud and they'll try to keep this going well into 2020 since they think it's a winning issue. Even though these dolts could just nominate someone worth a shit and remove the President from power the way we've always done by elections.

Bingo. And we know that slimeball Schiff secretly met with the "whistleblower" before his report was actually filed, so they're wise to not bring an actual floor vote or risk having even more "details" like this come to light. These aren't serious people, they're just pulling this shit yet again to drag the President through the mud and they'll try to keep this going well into 2020 since they think it's a winning issue. Even though these dolts could just nominate someone worth a shit and remove the President from power the way we've always done by elections.
Which is why there will not be an impeachment. If so Schiff himself becomes a witness in the Senate and would have to answer questions. Before our libs say that the Chief Justice presides over the hearing in the senate, know this. The Senate majority leader sets the rules of the hearing and can change those rules at anytime.

These aren't serious people, they're just pulling this shit yet again to drag the President through the mud and they'll try to keep this going well into 2020 since they think it's a winning issue.
Yeah, "these aren't serious people."

The 'serious' people are the ones who are still supporting the Trump Administration's batsh*t crazy antics, right 85??!? :)

The subject of the investigation doesn't get to determine how the investigation proceeds. Pelosi is working well within the Constitution. The information will come out.

Perfect MAGA Hatter response!!!

Impeachment??? What's the big deal, right? We don't give a sh*t about a Presidential impeachment, right boys?!?!?!

We WON fair and square in 2016 (#winning) so our boy, Trump, can do whatever the hell he wants as our President!

Screw Congress and the Constitution!!!

Perfect MAGA Hatter response!!!

Impeachment??? What's the big deal, right? We don't give a sh*t about a Presidential impeachment, right boys?!?!?!

We WON fair and square in 2016 (#winning) so our boy, Trump, can do whatever the hell he wants as our President!

Screw Congress and the Constitution!!!
cant have impeachment without a vote. maybe they should hold one.

i agree, so hold the vote and lets proceed.
You do know how this 'impeachment thing' works, right? The process is analogous to a grand jury bringing an indictment. Like a grand jury, they make the decision based on a review of the evidence against the President.

Is the process political? ABSOLUTELY!

Was it set up the way it is by our Founding Fathers in the Constitution? YES, and no amount of Red Hatter complaints about 'how the process SHOULD be handled' can change that.

You do know how this 'impeachment thing' works, right? The process is analogous to a grand jury bringing an indictment. Like a grand jury, they make the decision based on a review of the evidence against the President.

Is the process political? ABSOLUTELY!

Was it set up the way it is by our Founding Fathers in the Constitution? YES, and no amount of Red Hatter complaints about 'how the process SHOULD be handled' can change that.
then they need to stop dragging their feet and get moving.

Can't have impeachment without learning all of the facts. People are starting to talk.

[roll]

Hilarious to watch you guys act like any D is "waiting for facts". This is a party that had lunatics filing impeachment articles the minute Trump took office for simply winning the election. There are hyper partisan anit-Semites in Congress right now who ran on "Impeach the MotherFuker" in 2018 as a tag line.

Democrats don't give a shit about facts, they've wanted to impeach him to say to their nuts back home that they did it, or they've wanted to impeach him but hesitated since they know they'll come off looking like people obsessing over impeachment rather than getting anything done, which is where we're at now.

I mean, D's supposedly care soooooo much about these awesome gun control laws yet they've totally abandoned that effort to obsess over impeachment. Guess they're fine with more dead people so long as they get their way forcing a meaningless impeachment huh?

Why are the dem’s so concerned about giving subpoena power to republicans. Also, why won’t the dem’s let republicans in on the questioning of witnesses!

Why are the dem’s so concerned about giving subpoena power to republicans. Also, why won’t the dem’s let republicans in on the questioning of witnesses!

Because Adam Schiff is a total shit bag

The subject of the investigation doesn't get to determine how the investigation proceeds. Pelosi is working well within the Constitution. The information will come out.
Do you understand how this works? The house can impeach him, it means nothing. The trial of the impeachment is held in the Senate and the majority leader sets the rules of the trial. You know who that is right?

Do you understand how this works? The house can impeach him, it means nothing. The trial of the impeachment is held in the Senate and the majority leader sets the rules of the trial. You know who that is right?
Ooh ooh, I know. It’s the cocaine turtle.

I'm reasonably sure your ignorant ass has me blocked, but just in case you don't....you know why Republicans don't have a say in the House committees led by Democrats issuing subpoenas? I'll give a you a hint, it starts with "hypocrisy." Republicans changed the rules in 2015 on multiple committees.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/democrats-criticize-house-gop-subpoena-rules-115068

Last edited:
you know why Republicans don't have a say in the House committees led by Democrats issuing subpoenas? I'll give a you, it starts with "hypocrisy." Republicans changed the rules in 2015 on multiple committees.
Well I'll be damned. So there is a reason why this inquiry is "SO rigged" against our poor, powerless House Republicans!!!! Imagine that.

The old idiom, "You reap what you sow" comes to mind.

I'm reasonably sure your ignorant ass has me blocked, but just in case you don't....you know why Republicans don't have a say in the House committees led by Democrats issuing subpoenas? I'll give a you, it starts with "hypocrisy." Republicans changed the rules in 2015 on multiple committees.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/democrats-criticize-house-gop-subpoena-rules-115068
Why would I block you? What rules would those be? Are talking about how democrats changed the rules in the house to increase taxes by a simple majority? Or how democrats changed the rules to erase the speakers word so she was not censured for calling Trump a racist. Or was it when then Majority Leader Harry Reed changed the rules to a simple majority, known as the nuclear option? I’m willing to bet you think the republicans changed that rule, not so fast...

[roll]

Hilarious to watch you guys act like any D is "waiting for facts". This is a party that had lunatics filing impeachment articles the minute Trump took office for simply winning the election. There are hyper partisan anit-Semites in Congress right now who ran on "Impeach the MotherFuker" in 2018 as a tag line.

Democrats don't give a shit about facts, they've wanted to impeach him to say to their nuts back home that they did it, or they've wanted to impeach him but hesitated since they know they'll come off looking like people obsessing over impeachment rather than getting anything done, which is where we're at now.

I mean, D's supposedly care soooooo much about these awesome gun control laws yet they've totally abandoned that effort to obsess over impeachment. Guess they're fine with more dead people so long as they get their way forcing a meaningless impeachment huh?
There is a white house transcript. The facts are out.
They are just giving everyone an opportunity to explain themselves.

Impeach everyone involved in this quid pro quo.

Do you know that we aren't even there yet?

Why would I block you? What rules would those be? Are talking about how democrats changed the rules in the house to increase taxes by a simple majority? Or how democrats changed the rules to erase the speakers word so she was not censured for calling Trump a racist. Or was it when then Majority Leader Harry Reed changed the rules to a simple majority, known as the nuclear option? I’m willing to bet you think the republicans changed that rule, not so fast...

I assumed you had because the last 2 or 3 times I called out your bullshit false or misleading claims with evidence you turned tai and ignored me.

Go read the article. It’s not “fake news” and clearly outlines why your outrage about Republicans not having subpoena power day is hilariously misleading.

I assumed you had because the last 2 or 3 times I called out your bullshit false or misleading claims with evidence you turned tai and ignored me.

Go read the article. It’s not “fake news” and clearly outlines why your outrage about Republicans not having subpoena power day is hilariously misleading.
You have yet to be right and the fact that you think this is anything other than a hit job shows just how biased you are. Tell me again, what did he do to be impeached? Does it not concern you that they have been trying to impeach him since before he was elected? It doesn’t concern you that there were those so corrupted in the FBI and CIA that they abused the FISA courts? It’s all a scam, but with Barr and Durham it is going to be exposed.

the fact that you think this is anything other than a hit job shows just how biased you are. Tell me again, what did he do to be impeached?
I suppose it shouldn’t be a surprise that many of Trump’s remaining supporters are as batsh*t crazy as he is.

Now Mueller has been caught in a lie about wanting the FBI directors job, once again Trump was telling the truth and a senior intelligence office was lying. I’m shocked!!!

You have yet to be right and the fact that you think this is anything other than a hit job shows just how biased you are. Tell me again, what did he do to be impeached? Does it not concern you that they have been trying to impeach him since before he was elected? It doesn’t concern you that there were those so corrupted in the FBI and CIA that they abused the FISA courts? It’s all a scam, but with Barr and Durham it is going to be exposed.

I've corrected your incorrect stances several times. Funny how you fail to acknowledge them.

-Abuse of power
-Inappropriate conduct
-Likely violation of the emoluments clause
-etc

No one has been trying to impeach him since before he was elected. I don't recall about hearing any impeachment inquiries before Sept of 2019.

Barr, the AG of our entire ****ing country, is acting as Trump's legal enforcer. That should trouble you.

Barr, the AG of our entire ****ing country, is acting as Trump's legal enforcer. That should trouble you.
Well said, foxbody.

To be fair though, I suspect there are a sizable number of conservative-leaning posters here who are troubled by what they're seeing. They are not necessarily willing to say it here on the board, but their silence speaks volumes.

There are always going to be some wack-jobs like Sir Galahad and 85 who'll continue parroting the same nonsense that Trump spouts until the end.

I've corrected your incorrect stances several times. Funny how you fail to acknowledge them.

-Abuse of power
-Inappropriate conduct
-etc

No one has been trying to impeach him since before he was elected. I don't recall about hearing any impeachment inquiries before Sept of 2019.

This guy gets his daily talking points from the HuffPo mailer.

Well said, foxbody.

To be fair though, I suspect there are a sizable number of conservative-leaning posters here who are troubled by what they're seeing. They are not necessarily willing to say it here on the board, but their silence speaks volumes.

There are always going to be some wack-jobs like Sir Galahad and 85 who'll continue parroting the same nonsense that Trump spouts until the end.

The biggest lunatic on the board just said this?

[roll]

Well said, foxbody.

I have 85 on block because his drunk posts in the game threads were giving me an aneurysm, but SG's posts boil down to a mishmash of Trump's tweets, F&F's headlines, and Breitbart posts.

I have 85 on block because his drunk posts in the game threads were giving me an aneurysm, but SG's posts boil down to a mishmash of Trump's tweets, F&F's headlines, and Breitbart posts.

lol just so everyone knows what a sad little liar this guy is, here's him commenting on a thread that I created just back in June. 8th post down.

He quoted something I said in a Dungeon thread just last month too.

[roll]

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/two-more-tankers-attacked-off-irans-coast.75193/

-Abuse of power
-Inappropriate conduct
-etc

The last statement is ridiculous. There is adequate evidence, precedent, and a law in place that leads to the natural conclusion that Barr should be doing exactly what he is doing. Billions of dollars in aid went missing that the tax payers are on the hook for and it involves both US citizens and possibly US elected officials. This is his job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT