The Rest of the Way

Darkdan

Silver Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
minneapolis mn
www.facebook.com
Last edited:
This is pretty much spot on. I think Temple will be uglier than you are predicting, and Cincinnati a bit less, but you aren't wrong on those predictions.

What will be funny is we'll beat Furman this week and the ball lickers will come out trying to pull the 'I told you so" crap.

I think Tulsa and Tulane on the road will be tough. 1-11 or 0-12. George O'Leary comes full circle.

If this were to happen GOL should be removed as head coach (and AD) just like his predecessor. If Dr Hitt is smart - which is questionable at best when it comes to athletics - they should fire him midseason with Key as interim head coach for the rest of the year.

Last edited:
I'm going to say 5-7 with wins over Furman, UConn, Tulane, Tulsa, and USF because I'm optimistic. Praying that our two young QBs mature quickly.

If this were to happen GOL should be removed as AD and head coach just like his predecessor. If Dr Hitt is smart - which is questionable at best when it comes to athletics - they should fire him midseason with Key as interim head coach for the rest of the year.

Pfft. Hitt is one of the biggest nuthuggers out there. GOL will never be fired, even if we go winless for the next 10 years.

Win
Furman

Toss-up
Tulane, UConn, USF*

Loss
Everyone else

*If we played USF today we would lose, but it's at the end of the season so hopefully the team will have worked out some of the kinks by then. Unfortunately if the team is 2-9 nobody is going to show up on Thanksgiving. Fortunately nobody is going to watch that atrocity on TV either.

Sep. 3 Florida Int'l L 14-15
Sep. 12 at Stanford L 7-31
Sep. 19 Furman 6:00pm WIN 23-10
Sep. 26 at South Carolina TBA Loss 42-12
Oct. 3 at Tulane TBA WIN 32-28
Oct. 10 Connecticut TBA Loss 42-28
Oct. 17 at Temple TBA Loss 24-21
Oct. 24 Houston TBA Loss 38-12
Oct. 31 at Cincinnati TBA Loss 44-3
Nov. 7 at Tulsa TBA WIN 37 -10
Nov. 19 East Carolina 7:30pm Loss 52-21
Nov. 26 South Florida 7:30pm Loss 33- 17

Sep. 3 Florida Int'l L 14-15
Sep. 12 at Stanford L 7-31
Sep. 19 Furman 6:00pm WIN 21-14
Sep. 26 at South Carolina TBA Loss 31-6
Oct. 3 at Tulane TBA WIN 17-13
Oct. 10 Connecticut TBA Loss 21-10
Oct. 17 at Temple TBA Loss 42-17
Oct. 24 Houston TBA Loss 38-13
Oct. 31 at Cincinnati TBA Loss 28-6
Nov. 7 at Tulsa TBA WIN 24 -21
Nov. 19 East Carolina 7:30pm Loss 35-10
Nov. 26 South Florida 7:30pm Loss 28- 17

There is something wrong with some of you people. Since we only play OC and Tulane (maybe) without Justin, We still have a CHANCE to turn this around and have a successful season. We will beat Tulane if GOL has to suit up and take snaps. We will definitely beat UConn if Holman is in and likely if he is not. The three October games following UConn are the tough ones. No way we won't be competitive against the bull$hitters. East Carolina didn't show much in their opener with the Sisters of the Poor and have quarterback issues. So far, we have only lost one game that was penciled in as a win before the season. As dreadful and disappointing as that loss was, I am not ready to throw in the towel on the season.

Last edited:
There is something wrong with some of you people. Since we only play OC and Tulane (maybe) without Justin, We still have a CHANCE to turn this around and have a successful season. We will beat Tulane if GOL has to suit up and take snaps. We will definitely beat UConn if Holman is in and likely if he is not. The three October games following UConn are the tough ones. No way we won't be competitive against the bull$hitters. East Carolina didn't show much in their opener with the Sisters of the Poor and have a quarterback issues. So far, we have only lost one game that was penciled in as a win before the season. As dreadful and disappointing as that loss was, I am not ready to throw in the towel on the season.
Holman is only out 2 weeks? Well I would certainly agree that we win more games with Holman.

There is something wrong with some of you people. Since we only play OC and Tulane (maybe) without Justin, We still have a CHANCE to turn this around and have a successful season. We will beat Tulane if GOL has to suit up and take snaps. We will definitely beat UConn if Holman is in and likely if he is not. The three October games following UConn are the tough ones. No way we won't be competitive against the bull$hitters. East Carolina didn't show much in their opener with the Sisters of the Poor and have quarterback issues. So far, we have only lost one game that was penciled in as a win before the season. As dreadful and disappointing as that loss was, I am not ready to throw in the towel on the season.

Tulane looks like trash but so do we. UConn is also a joke program but they beat a much more talented UCF last year. EZU looks A LOT better then us (go watch them play the Gators this past weekend) and unless the cow manure community college implodes (which is always possible with that goof program), they too are way more talented then us. We are in for a long season gentlemen. Begin accepting the fact that we are in for a 5-7/4-8 type year. Not only are we not very good but the injuries are now starting to pile on. We are long due for this. Even in 2013 we were extremely fortunate and caught a lot of breaks. Time to pay the piper.

Reactions: jetsaholic
Tulane looks like trash but so do we. UConn is also a joke program but they beat a much more talented UCF last year. EZU looks A LOT better then us (go watch them play the Gators this past weekend) and unless the cow manure community college implodes (which is always possible with that goof program), they too are way more talented then us. We are in for a long season gentlemen. Begin accepting the fact that we are in for a 5-7/4-8 type year. Not only are we not very good but the injuries are now starting to pile on. We are long due for this. Even in 2013 we were extremely fortunate and caught a lot of breaks. Time to pay the piper.

We already pay the piper $2 million per year. It's time to fire the piper.

Was thinking about you the other day. Hope all is well as can be!

6-6 best case but right now 3 wins looks large for this season.

I agree with most posters here. Doesn't look good and I'd be delighted if we just make a bowl game this year.

Though the good thing about being in a conference is this first 4 games don't matter in the scheme of the conference championship. Now looking at the team I don't think we'll win the AAC for the third straight year. However there are things that can happen to make the season a lot more exciting.

I think most would agree that even as bad as we are our first two conference games against Tulane and Connecticut are winnable. If we win those two games it sets up a HUGE game against Temple.

Win the Temple game and the season get's really interesting from there. It will be hard and probably not the likeliest of scenarios, but all is not lost. And crazy things have happened... ie UCONN last year.

UCONN is 2-0...I wish we were a joke like them.

I think we'll have a decent chance at beating Furman, Tulane, and UConn to get through the first half of the season at 3-3

The next three games are really tough. I think we'll get blown out by Temple, Houston, and Cincy and be 3-6 at the end of October

Tulsa, ECU, and USF have shown weaknesses but still look better than UCF. Fortunately they're the last 3 games of the season, so maybe the team will have gotten it's act together by then. It would be kind of fun if UCF and USF are both 5-6 going into our game, with a bowl on the line for both teams.

Uhhh.....GOL already lost a game to Tulane and he lost to UConn last year.

UCONN is 2-0...I wish we were a joke like them.

Playing the result. Dork pundit 101 here. Have you seen them play? Did you watch a minute of Army vs UcConn? Probably not like 99.9% of America. I am a degenerate football fan and a gambler however and I did. UConn is trash. Their one real good receiver from last season is gone. They are a collection of slow, northeastern talent. They barely beat an average D-II program and a bad Army side. As bad as we are, even FIU is better then the two opponents UConn has played. I'm not saying we will beat UConn as we too are awful. Don't just point at the records blindly however as the barometer of success. That is lazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: cocoabeachjason
Playing the result. Dork pundit 101 here. Have you seen them play? Did you watch a minute of Army vs UcConn? Probably not like 99.9% of America. I am a degenerate football fan and a gambler however and I did. UConn is trash. Their one real good receiver from last season is gone. They are a collection of slow, northeastern talent. They barely beat an average D-II program and a bad Army side. As bad as we are, even FIU is better then the two opponents UConn has played. I'm not saying we will beat UConn as we too are awful. Don't just point at the records blindly however as the barometer of success. That is lazy.

They have a decent defense...which can help you win games with a terrible offense..If they hold us under 20, they have a good chance of winning..going by how bad our offense is and our young defense, they will score more than 20 and we won't.

Don't just point at the records blindly however as the barometer of success. That is lazy.

True. Lets point to how our 31 win team in the last three years lost to a 7-5 NC State team from a P5 conference convincingly in a low level bowl game...and to think we were finally big time.*

They have a decent defense...which can help you win games with a terrible offense..If they hold us under 20, they have a good chance of winning..going by how bad our offense is and our young defense, they will score more than 20 and we won't.

I think that at best they are an average defense in the AAC. UConn does not impress me at all. Army will be a 2-10 team at best this season. They are putrid. Holding that offense to 260 yards is not as much of an accomplishment as you would think. UCF vs UConn could be a very good game between two awfully mediocre teams.

True. Lets point to how our 31 win team in the last three years lost to a 7-5 NC State team from a P5 conference convincingly in a low level bowl game...and to think we were finally big time.*

I openly have acknowledged time and time again that UCF has been severely overrated and we have an inflated sense of self worth as a program these past few seasons and that our inflated record is due in large part to a lot of luck and being a member of a putrid football conference.

What we did to Baylor was awesome and the greatest moment for me as a UCF fan and among my top 5 sports moments period. That said, we got to that game by a series of random occurrences that defied the odds and were an anomaly mathematically. We were an 11-1 regular season team that EASILY could have been 7-5 if we are honest with ourselves.

We were an 11-1 regular season team that EASILY could have been 7-5 if we are honest with ourselves.

Honest with ourselves ha. I can imagine the dirt finally spilling once GOL and the rest of the staff are finally shown the doors.
Otherwise everything is awesome in UCF land.

Although I don't think this year's team is as good as last years. Remember last year we started Oh and 2 and turned it around after we played a div 1aa team (bethune). With that said, I stepped down my expectations after the FIU loss AND especially with Justin Holman injured. However, I'm hoping they can turn it around like last year. Beat Furman, then go in and upset South Carolina. There is a lot of football left. Conference Championship is still available...albeit...not looking too likely at this point. Go Knights!

Funny how just 3 weeks ago 90% of the posters on here were calling for 9 - 3 or better records.

What happened?

Three weeks ago I railed against one of these message board gas bags by stating the fact that we had no clue what type of team we had considering GOL closed the door for all practices going into the season. Anyone that claimed to have any idea what type of team we had is a bozo as we are so young, no one saw any practices and had so many variables going into the season.

After the FIU match, that laughable performance we displayed in Palo Alto and injuries that are starting to pile on, I firmly believe 6-6 is our ceiling.

Reactions: jetsaholic
I think that at best they are an average defense in the AAC. UConn does not impress me at all. Army will be a 2-10 team at best this season. They are putrid. Holding that offense to 260 yards is not as much of an accomplishment as you would think. UCF vs UConn could be a very good game between two awfully mediocre teams.

I openly have acknowledged time and time again that UCF has been severely overrated and we have an inflated sense of self worth as a program these past few seasons and that our inflated record is due in large part to a lot of luck and being a member of a putrid football conference.

What we did to Baylor was awesome and the greatest moment for me as a UCF fan and among my top 5 sports moments period. That said, we got to that game by a series of random occurrences that defied the odds and were an anomaly mathematically. We were an 11-1 regular season team that EASILY could have been 7-5 if we are honest with ourselves.

so an average defense holds Mizzou scoreless at half? We couldn't do that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT