ADVERTISEMENT

The Transition has officially begun

W did not get his first security brief until early DEC. Biden won't remember anything he is told 60 minutes later so it isn't a big deal. There is no reason a person wouldn't be up to speed in 4 to 6 weeks of briefs, unless they suffer from dementia.

Enjoy your little potshots at the President Elect! And don't forget to whine about how Donald was so picked on by everybody---even before he took office!!!! :)

Enjoy your little potshots at the President Elect! And don't forget to whine about how Donald was so picked on by everybody---even before he took office!!!! :)

I take little potshots at Biden, you going to tell me you didn't take huge ones at the Trumpster. As for Trump, I held my nose and voted for what I felt was the lesser of 2 evils. There are those who have him up on a pedestal, Just like Dems did with Obama. I am not one of those. I think he has plenty of warts. If we had the Biden of 5 years ago, I would be much less concerned, but we are not dealing with the same man. This guy has dementia, and it is obvious. Harris scares the hell out of me. She is not your typical old school liberal democrat.

W did not get his first security brief until early DEC. Biden won't remember anything he is told 60 minutes later so it isn't a big deal. There is no reason a person wouldn't be up to speed in 4 to 6 weeks of briefs, unless they suffer from dementia.
How did that turn out?

OMFG. Yes, and then 9/11 happened. The commission that investigated it cited this as one of the reasons.

Don’t ever ramble on about Biden having dementia when you produce gems like this.

I take little potshots at Biden, you going to tell me you didn't take huge ones at the Trumpster.
I didn't vote for Trump but I was willing to give my new President a shot.

But the Trump Crazy Train started rolling down the tracks on Day One. We were treated to Trump's press secretary, Shawn Spicer, blasting the press for refusing to acknowledge that Trump had the largest inauguration of all times.

OMFG. Yes, and then 9/11 happened. The commission that investigated it cited this as one of the reasons.

Don’t ever ramble on about Biden having dementia when you produce gems like this.
9/11 happened 10 months later. It seems like that should have been plenty of time to address that issue. I'd be interested to know what they had in the month of November that could have made a difference.

Why? If there was intelligence that existed in November that Bush could have used over the course of the next 10 months but didn't, its a total failure on his part.

Total failure!!!!

Yeap, not worth the effort with you.

9/11 happened 10 months later. It seems like that should have been plenty of time to address that issue.
At first blush, that's seems like a reasonable assumption. But the independent, bipartisan 9/11 Commission pointed out that we need to minimize the disruption and 'pass the baton' for our national security team as quickly and as smoothly as possible because a catastrophic attack can take place with little or no notice as soon as a new government takes over.

In the case of 9/11, Bush's full national security team wasn't in place until six months after Bush took office.

At first blush, that's seems like a reasonable assumption. But the independent, bipartisan 9/11 Commission pointed out that we need to minimize the disruption and 'pass the baton' for our national security team as quickly and as smoothly as possible because a catastrophic attack can take place with little or no notice as soon as a new government takes over.

In the case of 9/11, Bush's full national security team wasn't in place until six months after Bush took office.
That makes Bush's failure even worse. If there was a warning back in November and he got it in December, how the hell do you not get your team in place ASAP?

What he did was bad, but it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I am just grateful Trump didn't push the envelope and resist all efforts at a smooth transition into the new year.
I still think its weird that we allocate 9 billion dollars for the transition team.

Stock market soars to highest in history with news of Biden transition.

Biden gets elected and we get a vaccine (actually three of them) and a soaring stock market above 30K. It's so much #winning that I just can't take it.

The future is so bright, I'm gonna need new shades. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT