ADVERTISEMENT

The XFL and college football

Based upon what Vince said, I think that not only did he learn his lesson years ago, he plans on taking this more seriously than Roger Goodell takes his own league.

Consider this:
Manziel may want into the XFL, but McMahon’s rules say no

"McMahon said the “quality of human being” will be key in his new league. He said players with arrest records won’t be allowed in.

“You want someone who does not have any criminality whatsoever associated with them. And in the XFL, even if you have a DUI, you will not play in the XFL,” McMahon said on a conference call with reporters, in response to a question that named Manziel."

That automatically disqualifies the entire Cincinnati Bengals and Seattle Seahawks.

Betting all that money that people actually care that much about the national anthem that they will endure crappy football over the long haul? Stupid.

The stand for the national anthem in hockey and no one watches that. They stand for the national anthem at JV girl’s field hockey, but people aren’t flocking to those games.

Actually, they stand for the national anthem at damn near everything, yet...the NFL still has the highest ratings of any sport.

And the criminal record thing? How many drug addicts and guys with criminal records has WWE employed over the years?

He’s making marks out of the whole Uber American “family values” people out there. Vince is a marketing genius, but not exactly the benchmark for morality.

This probably never launches , publicity stunt with the rough PR the NFL has had the last year.

He sold a Shizz ton of his stock in WWE to do it. I don’t think this is a PR stunt. The dude is in his 70’s. He has the biggest ego in the Universe. This is his last shot to do something big outside of WWE and he HATES the fact that the XFL was a failure the first time.

If he does this right, it might be a small success. He has access to creating his own network like the WWE network. All games, original programming etc...He could pull off some success, but if he thinks he can make this work simply because of the bad PR for the NFL, he’s not as much of a genius as I give him credit for.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
This will flop. He should just say no felony convictions. Arrest record? Even if it was BS? I don’t watch Minor League Baseball, Swedish Hockey, G League Basketball or MLS. So I won’t be watching this crap.

This will flop. He should just say no felony convictions. Arrest record? Even if it was BS? I don’t watch Minor League Baseball, Swedish Hockey, G League Basketball or MLS. So I won’t be watching this crap.

If they are smart, these teams are going to go after the 4* and 5* HS kids and developed JUCOs. Then their target market becomes NFL fans. They are positioning the season for just after the NFL and it would essentially be a 10 game Senior Bowl.

If they are smart, these teams are going to go after the 4* and 5* HS kids and developed JUCOs. Then their target market becomes NFL fans. They are positioning the season for just after the NFL and it would essentially be a 10 game Senior Bowl.
If we didn’t have 3 guys in that I wouldn’t pay attention to those practices either.

If we didn’t have 3 guys in that I wouldn’t pay attention to those practices either.
Again, you aren't the target audience. The NFL audience is much larger than the college and that's what they'd target. If they can replicate even the NFL draft numbers, they'll be OK.

Again, you aren't the target audience. The NFL audience is much larger than the college and that's what they'd target. If they can replicate even the NFL draft numbers, they'll be OK.
I watch NFL, NBA and to a lesser extent MLB and NHL. I don’t watch minor leagues. Which is what this will be. They won’t get the NFL fans. People that watch Canadian Football May be interested though.

Betting all that money that people actually care that much about the national anthem that they will endure crappy football over the long haul? Stupid.

The stand for the national anthem in hockey and no one watches that. They stand for the national anthem at JV girl’s field hockey, but people aren’t flocking to those games.

Actually, they stand for the national anthem at damn near everything, yet...the NFL still has the highest ratings of any sport.

And the criminal record thing? How many drug addicts and guys with criminal records has WWE employed over the years?

He’s making marks out of the whole Uber American “family values” people out there. Vince is a marketing genius, but not exactly the benchmark for morality.
Real 'Merican football for real 'Mericans.

Real 'Merican football for real 'Mericans.
National anthem will be replaced with the Team America theme song: America **** Yeah!
tenor.gif

The XFL should play a different style of football. Different rules, offenses, defenses, shorter games, shorter wider fields.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
The XFL should play a different style of football. Different rules, offenses, defenses, shorter games, shorter wider fields.

Something just dawned on me. 100 million to start up a new football league isn't really a whole heck of a lot in the grand scheme of things.

However, what if the XFL isn't going to be an outdoor league, what if it is going to an indoor league ? With the AFL down to only four teams would it be beyond the realm of possibility he could buy what is left of the AFL and start his own indoor football circuit ?

Given that he's saying 40 man rosters, makes me believe its going to be 8-on-8 (arena) or possibly even 7-on-7.

His wife is in the Trump administration. or did she quit too?

Reactions: ReturnOf

And yet all those leagues you mentioned are still going, so this will probably still be a viable concern, not sure if "success". If MLS can succeed this will. That is, if the guy gives it a chance. I still remember the last one, the one where he lost $20 million LESS than what he planned on losing.

PS. Just like the NFL, anyone with UCF players on it, I'll watch. I'm skipping the Super Bowl this year, Killings on Philly's practice squad doesn't count.

And yet all those leagues you mentioned are still going, so this will probably still be a viable concern, not sure if "success". If MLS can succeed this will. That is, if the guy gives it a chance. I still remember the last one, the one where he lost $20 million LESS than what he planned on losing.

PS. Just like the NFL, anyone with UCF players on it, I'll watch. I'm skipping the Super Bowl this year, Killings on Philly's practice squad doesn't count.
Ok I don’t like Minor Leagues. You may.

College is minor league.

Exactly. Not to mention that his mentality is exactly why we can't fill the stands. You don't actually like football, you just like name-brand football. If it's not name brand, they won't watch. In other words, P5 mentality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT