ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking outside the box

All we have to do is mint some trillion dollar coins and sell them to the treasury, that way we don't add to the US debt. Why didn't I think of that?
I agree it's a dumbass idea.

But I don't recall the same angst from our stalwart fiscal conservatives about our US debt when Trump offered up his brilliant tax cut or when Bush borrowed a couple trillion from China to finance our Middle East wars. Boy, those dollars were well-spent, huh?

I agree it's a dumbass idea.

But I don't recall the same angst from our stalwart fiscal conservatives about our US debt when Trump offered up his brilliant tax cut or when Bush borrowed a couple trillion from China to finance our Middle East wars. Boy, those dollars were well-spent, huh?
Try to ignore the TDS and stay on topic

Try to ignore the TDS and stay on topic
LOL--Yeah let's focus our righteous indignation on a stupid idea from a Congressional Nobody that isn't going anywhere instead of going OT and discussing the stupid ideas actually implemented by Presidents of the party of fiscal conservatism.

The only thing fiscally conservative about the Republican Party is their concern about the spending proposals of the other party.

LOL--Yeah let's focus our righteous indignation on a stupid idea from a Congressional Nobody that isn't going anywhere instead of going OT and discussing the stupid ideas actually implemented by Presidents of the party of fiscal conservatism.

The only thing fiscally conservative about the Republican Party is their concern about the spending proposals of the other party.

Comparing a tax cut during a stagnant economy to minting trillion dollar coins is why democrats can't be taken seriously, but whatever.

I'm just surprised that she didn't propose minting 30 trillion dollar coins. We could pay off the debt and have a rainy day fund. Who cares about the debt when we can just print our way out of it?

Comparing a tax cut during a stagnant economy to minting trillion dollar coins is why democrats can't be taken seriously, but whatever.
You expect us to take YOU seriously when you pretend a coronavirus credit card is actually a thing while poo-pooing the real impact of adding more trillions in debt to the Federal budget deficit?

But please don't let me stop you from whining on about those spend-thrifty Democrats. :rolleyes:

You expect us to take YOU seriously when you pretend a coronavirus credit card is actually a thing while poo-pooing the real impact of adding more trillions in debt to the Federal budget deficit?

But please don't let me stop you from whining on about those spend-thrifty Democrats. :rolleyes:

Do you ever read what I post? I've been critical of it from the beginning.

I was talking about Trump's tax cut and/or our China war loans--but, nevertheless, I stand corrected.

What a crazy morning! You've scored two points against me--and I actually agreed with something sk8knight posted!

Clearly I need to take a break from this board.
I was indifferent to the tax cuts because without spending cuts it doesn't make any difference. Tax receipts predictably went up, but what good does that do when your spending continues to outpace it? I've been very consistent on this for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT