ADVERTISEMENT

this is a Top 20 team

ucfversusbcs

Golden Knight
Oct 14, 2010
3-0 record and its not even close.
Opponents combined record is 9-3.
A victory over a Big 10 squad.

As much as I have no respect for the vast majority of your fan base, good win today. Let's hope we're both undefeated going into 7-2.

We'll be 27th or 28th tomorrow! We had only a few votes this week (17th ranked USF got FORTY TIMES more points than us: 522 vs our 13). Sadly, schools that were good the previous year get ranked and stay ranked by the coaches until they lose a couple games. Almost all the ranked schools won this week, most by huge margins. Ranked VaTech, MissSt, and USC lost to other ranked schools, so they'll continue to get some votes that should go to us. The way it works is that after we beat worthless Cincy next week we'll be ranked. Why? Because there's a week lag for unranked schools: coaches don't even hear about or believe we're any good until mid-week. It's the same with actors, who get recognized with an Oscar for a mediocre movie after the Academy voters were too lazy to see that actor's previous, great movie the previous year.

We'll be 27th or 28th tomorrow! We had only a few votes this week (17th ranked USF got FORTY TIMES more points than us: 522 vs our 13). Sadly, schools that were good the previous year get ranked and stay ranked by the coaches until they lose a couple games. Almost all the ranked schools won this week, most by huge margins. Ranked VaTech, MissSt, and USC lost to other ranked schools, so they'll continue to get some votes that should go to us. The way it works is that after we beat worthless Cincy next week we'll be ranked. Why? Because there's a week lag for unranked schools: coaches don't even hear about or believe we're any good until mid-week. It's the same with actors, who get recognized with an Oscar for a mediocre movie after the Academy voters were too lazy to see that actor's previous, great movie the previous year.
if its any consolation, this was a target game by the media of outliers. Fox Sports Radio mentioned it tonight. FIU got coverage for their 3-1 start and mentioned how they were throttled by UCF. FSN talked about Maryland's win after being embarassed by UCF the week before. Some dots have to be connected and the media will at least have no choice but to rank us.

Rooting for teams you played = what makes you UCiF
lol its called SOS. I thought you hate our fanbase because you think were obnoxious. And you just rooted for us to win out so we can be a good team for you to beat. No difference.

if its any consolation, this was a target game by the media of outliers. Fox Sports Radio mentioned it tonight. FIU got coverage for their 3-1 start and mentioned how they were throttled by UCF. FSN talked about Maryland's win after being embarassed by UCF the week before. Some dots have to be connected and the media will at least have no choice but to rank us.
Perhaps the media poll will (and that doesn't count). I was referring to the coaches. Coaches are too busy directing their own teams to check how the other 129 schools did today. They'll see how the ranked schools did and choose 10 of them to rank. It's an absurd system!

lol its called SOS. I thought you hate our fanbase because you think were obnoxious. And you just rooted for us to win out so we can be a good team for you to beat. No difference.

I'm rooting for you guys for a different reason. So you can be extra humbled when we beat you.

And because I think you guys are a cute little program.

No, because we're past that point of the development of our program. You guys will get there soon. I think.
You're past that point? You haven't reached our highs. We've won OUR current conference twice out of 3 years. This year will be 3 out of 4. You guys have yet to do it and won't this year.

I'm rooting for you guys for a different reason. So you can be extra humbled when we beat you.

All cuteness aside, it is looking like we are better than USF. You wouldn't have beaten them 40-13. 40-7 essentially.

We are about a 20th ranked team. We may crack the top 25 today. I would bet more likely than not. 24th or 25th. That's very exciting stuff. UCF and USF have never both been ranked simultaneously, I'm guessing

Stay tuned

Miss St and LSU fall out. Teams who also received votes ahead of us lost too. We should get about 110 points and be ranked. We'll take Memphis points and possibly some of USF 522. Minnesota got some points we may steal.

Miss St and LSU fall out. Teams who also received votes ahead of us lost too. We should get about 110 points and be ranked. We'll take Memphis points and possibly some of USF 522. Minnesota got some points we may steal.
Hope you're right. I recall that in 2013, we didn't get ranked until the very week UF got knocked out of the ranking, almost as if there are state of Florida voters (coaches do vote regionally!). This year, 4 Florida schools are vying for ranking and FSU could get back into it, so we'll have to see if it hurts what is now Florida's Big 5.

Hope you're right. I recall that in 2013, we didn't get ranked until the very week UF got knocked out of the ranking, almost as if there are state of Florida voters (coaches do vote regionally!). This year, 4 Florida schools are vying for ranking and FSU could get back into it, so we'll have to see if it hurts what is now Florida's Big 5.
FSU looks bad and UM looked good. Miami will throttle FSU so if they make top 25 will only be for 1 week. They shouldn't be though.

You forgot "shiny" and cute...

George+O+Leary+Central+Florida+v+Baylor+Ir-F1yphtnVl.jpg

Let's face it, we are one of the best teams in the country. We all know it. Everyone is just too afraid to admit it.
We are ranked 25th, but that will change

After beating Maryland, Memphis and FIU? Are you drunk, high or both?

Love this team, the passion, and the direction we are headed. However, we have some areas that need improvement to be considered for rankings mentioned in this thread.

No, because we're past that point of the development of our program. You guys will get there soon. I think.
Yes, I don't think we'll ever match your national championship. Knightro has more work to do. If you are talking about CUSA, Beast, and AAC conference championships, we matched your achievements the day we were INVITED to each conference. UCF has a better record and more conference championships than usf in both CUSA and AAC. Only in the BEast the results are comparable: neither school won a trophy (of course we didn't get to play 1 game). BCS Bowl invitations and wins = advantage UCF 1-0

Yes, I don't think we'll ever match your national championship. Knightro has more work to do. If you are talking about CUSA, Beast, and AAC conference championships, we matched your achievements the day we were INVITED to each conference. UCF has a better record and more conference championships than usf in both CUSA and AAC. Only in the BEast the results are comparable: neither school won a trophy (of course we didn't get to play 1 game). BCS Bowl invitations and wins = advantage UCF 1-0

The Heifers are playing an FCS schedule this year, they should step down. Maybe even cancel the program. Either that or change their name to the Pirates to match the decor in their rented stadium that they can't fill.

No team with a loss should be ranked ahead of an undefeated team.

We should be in the Top 15.
We finally manhandle a Big 10 team. Check. All three of our opponents have winning records. Check.
All three of our opponents are undefeated otherwise. Check. Icing on the cake.
Yet its not enough. Rank us appropriately for the time being.

We finally manhandle a Big 10 team. Check. All three of our opponents have winning records. Check.
All three of our opponents are undefeated otherwise. Check. Icing on the cake.
Yet its not enough. Rank us appropriately for the time being.

The Heifers needed 4th quarter heroics to beat Stoney Brook. Their defense is like swiss cheese. They shouldn't even be ranked because their strength of schedule is non-existent.

The Heifers needed 4th quarter heroics to beat Stoney Brook. Their defense is like swiss cheese. They shouldn't even be ranked because their strength of schedule is non-existent.
The SJSU media ranked us higher than them. They voted us 22 and them 24 even after playing each other lol. This cant be made up

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Hey Heifers, don't come back until you play an actual team. Oh wait, that doesn't happen until Black Friday....

Reactions: Mikesi
Can't wait until Flowers graduates and we get to see Strong turn USF into a dumpster fire. They are one of the most penalized and undisciplined team in all of college football. That usually spells disaster if you're already doing that vs weaker opponents.

Can't wait until Flowers graduates and we get to see Strong turn USF into a dumpster fire. They are one of the most penalized and undisciplined team in all of college football. That usually spells disaster if you're already doing that vs weaker opponents.
Now that he sees the attendance and facilities (and lack thereof), he's just trying for a great record with all the talent he inherited. He'll grab the first P5 offer he gets in late November (and take his Florida recruits with him!)

Now that he sees the attendance and facilities (and lack thereof), he's just trying for a great record with all the talent he inherited. He'll grab the first P5 offer he gets in late November (and take his Florida recruits with him!)
You may be on to something, UT is going to fire Jones and one of the top names floating around is Petrino. That leaves the door wide open for Strong to return back to Louisville!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT