ADVERTISEMENT

This is important . Sort of.

It was a tough conference road game, and we will get almost everybody's best. That is what happened. Nothing more...nothing less.

Can we think of another team that lost more at the hands of one team in 2017 and then got that same team in their house in 2018 with a shot at revenge? I'm looking but can't find one. No one is saying UCF wasn't motivated for that game, but it absolutely meant the world to Memphis.
They were still talking about last year's AAC 'Ship before, during and after the game. They really hate that they lost that thing in 2OT.

Both teams were motivated to win. We got Memphis’s best shot like we will get every teams best shot as the team to beat going forward. Yeah Memphis probably put more time preparing for this particularly matchup than UCF did. Not comparable to a bowl matchup where you have a month to prepare for a single team. UCF has to prepare each week for the kitchen sink to be thrown at them. Memphis was preparing for this game since the AAC championship last year.

Really bizarre to see this rationale after most on this site are incredibly critical when other people try to use the same argument with our better opponents.
Who are Florida’s better opponents that people say weren’t motivated?

Vandy was leading UF that beat LSU that beat UGA. You're good at this game. But no, they aren't in the same ballpark. Memphis is a really really good offense with a bad defense. Vandy is just a bad team. Their efficiency levels are nowhere close. Memphis would be expected to beat an average team by 9.7 points whereas Vandy would be expected to lose by 2.7.

Can we see those updated efficiency levels?

Still think Memphis is clearly better than Vandy?

Last edited:
Vanderbilt > Memphis

Memphis is somewhere around the 75th best team in the country.

Not sure of the relevance of your statement. True or not
Florida was getting trashed by Vanderbilt in the first half the same week UCF played Memphis so bluechip (being a hardcore gator fan) took solace in telling himself that Vanderbilt was a much better opponent than Memphis. Even though Memphis almost never loses at home.

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
Not sure of the relevance of your statement. True or not

People were claiming that’s Vandy was so incredibly awful (untrue) and that Memphis was a really tough opponent and a good win (also untrue). I merely stated that it wasn’t unclear that Memphis was better than Vandy and that Vandy may very well be better than Memphis. As usual, I was lambasted for bringing the truth.

People were claiming that’s Vandy was so incredibly awful (untrue) and that Memphis was a really tough opponent and a good win (also untrue). I merely stated that it wasn’t unclear that Memphis was better than Vandy and that Vandy may very well be better than Memphis. As usual, I was lambasted for bringing the truth.
Aren’t you the one bumping a thread from more than 2 months ago? You were waiting on Memphis to lose to a team not UCF, and without their star running back they missed a field goal and lost by 3. Congrats on the moral victory.

Aren’t you the one bumping a thread from more than 2 months ago? You were waiting on Memphis to lose to a team not UCF, and without their star running back they missed a field goal and lost by 3. Congrats on the moral victory.

Wake Forest is a bad team and was without their QB1 and WR1. Admit it, Memphis is a bad football team and you shouldn’t be pretending that they’re a much better team than Vanderbilt. It’s not accurate. Don’t blame the messenger because you’re shown to be wrong time and time again.

Wake Forest is a bad team and was without their QB1 and WR1. Admit it, Memphis is a bad football team and you shouldn’t be pretending that they’re a much better team than Vanderbilt. It’s not accurate. Don’t blame the messenger because you’re shown to be wrong time and time again.
You have shown nothing but that you can bump a post from ages ago. Memphis hadn’t lost to a non UCF team in a very long time and hasn’t lost at home to a non UCf team in 2 years. But every P5 fan loves to play out hypothetical games in their mind. So by all mean continue.

What did Wake Forest do in their last 2 games?

Vandy has financial resources being in the SEC and they aren’t good

Memphis isn’t great, but has a few excuses.

It’s really not fuel for any any UCF argument. That’s my point

Memphis was down their RB and virtually their entire, starting, defensive line.

Houston was the team without its defensive line. Memphis was without Henderson, but Wake Forest was without its QB1 and it’s WR1 (a first team All-American who had more receptions and yards than its second and third wide receivers combined).

Houston was the team without its defensive line. Memphis was without Henderson, but Wake Forest was without its QB1 and it’s WR1 (a first team All-American who had more receptions and yards than its second and third wide receivers combined).

This guy is just like the media. Doesn’t watch a football game but makes naive comments just to argue. Anyone watching the game knew that Memphis lost 3 D-Lineman

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
This guy is just like the media. Doesn’t watch a football game but makes naive comments just to argue. Anyone watching the game knew that Memphis lost 3 D-Lineman
And that that QB #2 has outperformed QB#1

He went 2-1. Now 3-1 I believe. That was a win for Memphis if injuries were all even. Geez, the Memphis kicker actually kicked it thru the uprights twice for the win.

All of this transitional stuff means very little anyway. Memphis was probably the 5th best team in the AAC. Houston lost their stud QB, so Memphis beat them.

That was a game that the 9th best ACC team vs the 5th AAC team should be like.

As far a Houston. THEY were down everyone.
QB, many defensive players, etc

It probably wouldn’t have mattered. I was one who said that Army wasn’t THAT great, but they are a top 10-15 team. Other than the first game loss to Duke, they beat everyone except for an overtime loss on the road to Oklahoma. It was the best Army team of all-time. Good for them!! Would love to have seen them in an expanded playoff too!

It’s a UCF board and we are arguing with Florida fans about how good Vanderbilt is? Jesus Christ. I love college football, but this is where things get stupid.
Howabout the other argument about how our LSU competition should be dead. Not just skipping the bowl game to train for the NFL or risk injury.

Dead. Ridiculous

I bought a mini Vandy when I had my third kid. It’s great. We drove it to Memphis for the game. The mini Vandy lost to Memphis then we drove the mini Vandy home. It was a long ride.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT