ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Fiesta Bowl game day experience?

Wings0fred

Silver Knight
Apr 12, 2012
For those who were at the game, what did you think of the experience inside the stadium? The individual plays and end result aside, there were a few things that seemed poorly handled....

-They rarely showed replays of any of the bigger plays (minus the 30 times they showed the hit on Burrow after the INT)
-The officiating seemed inconsistent. Not that they favored either team but they seemed unpredictable with calls
- it was surprisingly cold in the stadium. This isn’t something I expect them to control but just something that caught me off guard.
-There were SO many pauses during which they would show commercials and giveaways instead of game-related stuff.

I don’t remember any of the above from the last fiesta bowl or the peach bowl. Either the end result outweighed all of it or this really was a different experience. Regardless, There were a few other things but these were the ones that stood out at the moment.

Reactions: PuziKnight12
Wasn't bounce enough?
Learn grammar troll. And also, your screen name is perfect as you are likely the only one of them left.

Also, Marshall just scored again in your home/rented stadium. You actually probably have more people there now than you did during your “bowl game.” As they need uwcf grads to clean the fryers and bathrooms after the NFL season.

Reactions: heat4410
I didn't think it was great. Peach bowl was way better. I took my 10 year old son who had a ton of fun at the Peach Bowl Fan Fest so we were interested to what they had here. It was outside, too cold, and very poor. I. t was too cold in the stadium, poor food options. I also hated how when our team is about to snap the ball after a small break in play they were still blasting acoustics and sometimes had people on the field for giveaways or whatever.

2014 was better. Bigger crowd and warmer

I agree. The events surrounding this year's game seemed cheap and scaled down vs the 2014 game. I wondered if the change in sponsor had something to do with it.
Last years Peach was miles better too. Holding pregame events indoors negated the weather and seemed better organized with more things going on (indoor zip line)

Reactions: Mikesi
I thought it was great. Knew we had some bad matchups and other unknowns, but these kids have played over their heads all year.

Hype didn't call a great game either. It was truly a total team loss. We got outplayed at every phase of the game.

Overall, terrific season and a lot of momentum going into next year.

Reactions: MBAKnight
The weather and early kickoffs did not help in Atlanta last year or this year in Phoenix. Rainy and cold on NYE put a damper on things and the locals seemed to think that was very rare for this time of year. Thought it was pretty easy to get around town. Getting to and from the stadium was a breeze. There wasn't as much buzz because of the distance traveled, but it seemed like those of us who were there were as amped as possible. That venue is just too large to create a great atmosphere unless it is packed. Overall, I preferred being in and visiting Phoenix for that experience, but the actual venue and crowd atmosphere was way better in Atlanta.

I thought it was great. Knew we had some bad matchups and other unknowns, but these kids have played over their heads all year.

Hype didn't call a great game either. It was truly a total team loss. We got outplayed at every phase of the game.

Overall, terrific season and a lot of momentum going into next year.
Yeah. Nobody seems to point out how we had zero opportunities to return any kickoffs. Their kicker was lights out. They executed their gameplan to perfection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT