ADVERTISEMENT

Thug Kills Man Outside Burger King

Jesus. It wasnt a rhetorical question. If it was, he wouldn't have followed it up with a qualifier.

Look, I'm an asshole a lot of the time. But I'm not a wrong asshole. That probably pisses people off way more than me just being an asshole.

I like how you didn't even attempt to refute my other points, namely that you're again asserting racism when not having a goddamn clue about anything going on from the story.
You literally have to be clueless to believe race plays no role in these types of shootings. If that squatting man had been a White boy wearing a letter jacket, do you honestly believe that jacked-up lady cop would have been so trigger-happy?
Did you not label her as "Ms Rambo", liar?
Rambo = cold blooded killer? If that was my intention, wouldn’t you think I’d go with Ms. Charlie Manson? You might have noted that I specifically said I didn’t think the shooting was in any way premeditated. But instead of engaging in an actual discussion, your knee jerk response is to jump into toadie troll mode.

You literally have to be clueless to believe race plays no role in these types of shootings. If that squatting man had been a White boy wearing a letter jacket, do you honestly believe that jacked-up lady cop would have been so trigger-happy?
Rambo = cold blooded killer? If that was my intention, wouldn’t you think I’d go with Ms. Charlie Manson? You might have noted that I specifically said I didn’t think the shooting was in any way premeditated. But instead of engaging in an actual discussion, your knee jerk response is to jump into toadie troll mode.
I’ve been trying to stay away from this thread but I had to respond with the point that significantly more white people are killed in officer-involved incidents than any other race.

I’ve been trying to stay away from this thread but I had to respond with the point that significantly more white people are killed in officer-involved incidents than any other race.
You BETCHA!!! In 2017, 457 White people were shot to death by police compared to 399 for Blacks. That's a 14.5 percent difference, baby!!! So much for this 'racist bullsh*t' right?

Pssst....White Population in the US: 79.96% Black Population 12.85%.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
You BETCHA!!! In 2017, 457 White people were shot to death by police compared to 399 for Blacks. That's a 14.5 percent difference, baby!!! So much for this 'racist bullsh*t' right?

Pssst....White Population in the US: 79.96% Black Population 12.85%.
Pssst... one group is disproportionately involved in more violent incidents resulting in police response and that is extremely disproportionate as Well. But it’s not worth it because you’re going to cherry pick your statistics anyways to confirm your bias.

Reactions: knightbeer
Pssst... one group is disproportionately involved in more violent incidents resulting in police response and that is extremely disproportionate as Well. But it’s not worth it because you’re going to cherry pick your statistics anyways to confirm your bias.

He's a disingenuous jackass. Truly insufferable.

Go on a ride-along with a police officer at your closest metropolitan police department and learn for yourself.
If I did I’d likely see professionally-trained police officers who, when confronted with an armed suspect, would ask him to raise his hands instead of asking him to do anything with the gun he was legally carrying.

I appreciate the work that our police do. I just don’t like unprofessional ones like that jacked up woman cop in the above video who gives all the damn good ones a bad name.

Reactions: Crazyhole
If I did I’d likely see professionally-trained police officers who, when confronted with an armed suspect, would ask him to raise his hands instead of asking him to do anything with the gun he was legally carrying.

I appreciate the work that our police do. I just don’t like unprofessional ones like that jacked up woman cop in the above video who gives all the damn good ones a bad name.
I'm not going to defend her actions or impugn her motives without more information and you shouldn't either. You don't know any of the context surrounding this call other than what is presented in the video and it is not possible to judge based upon that. There will be an investigation at which point all of the information will come out. They'll interview all of the officers and bystanders and pull any other camera angles, the dispatch tapes, etc. All of that stuff goes to the objective reasonableness of her actions. We have no access to most of that information at the moment. But the prosecutor's office will look at it, I'm sure, for criminal actions and the department will look at it for policy violations. Hopefully everyone does their job well and the just courses are taken, whatever those may be.

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
Learn for yourself about what?
That police are not just John "Rambo" out there freewheeling through their jobs without any procedures. That today on any given day or not, police are subject to far more vitriol, harassment, and even unjustified violence from the community than they are themselves responsible for. That they are not "uneducated thugs" that have no idea of the law or any kind of reasonable and responsible action. That sometimes what you see in a video is just a window into a very long interaction (sometimes years-long).

I just wanted to add that I'm all for punishing cops that commit crimes where they abused their positions of trust as severely as possible. But I also know that most of the public doesn't understand a thing about policing and the laws and the public sentiment is unfairly skewed badly against police officers.

I'm not going to defend her actions or impugn her motives without more information and you shouldn't either. You don't know any of the context surrounding this call other than what is presented in the video and it is not possible to judge based upon that. There will be an investigation at which point all of the information will come out. They'll interview all of the officers and bystanders and pull any other camera angles, the dispatch tapes, etc. All of that stuff goes to the objective reasonableness of her actions. We have no access to most of that information at the moment. But the prosecutor's office will look at it, I'm sure, for criminal actions and the department will look at it for policy violations. Hopefully everyone does their job well and the just courses are taken, whatever those may be.
Sorry, but we saw the entirety of her involvement in this and it was way overboard. Several other cops had been on the scene before her and didn't pull the trigger. She was jacked and acted outside of what anyone would call appropriate. If another officer had fired at the same time then an argument could be made in her defense, but she just rolled up and shot a guy within seconds. Thats not ok

Reactions: DaShuckster

Can you imagine, being this naive?

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
Sorry, but we saw the entirety of her involvement in this and it was way overboard. Several other cops had been on the scene before her and didn't pull the trigger. She was jacked and acted outside of what anyone would call appropriate. If another officer had fired at the same time then an argument could be made in her defense, but she just rolled up and shot a guy within seconds. Thats not ok
I'm sorry, but you didn't. You didn't hear the dispatchers calls, any of the radio traffic from the other units, any texts or cell calls, see anything in the computers, have any idea of previous interactions with the person, etc. You have none of that information from the video.

All of the officers had different views. Is your standard that multiples must shoot? So, if only one sees a threat they can't fire even if it puts everyone in danger?

I'm sorry, but you didn't. You didn't hear the dispatchers calls, any of the radio traffic from the other units, any texts or cell calls, see anything in the computers, have any idea of previous interactions with the person, etc. You have none of that information from the video.

All of the officers had different views. Is your standard that multiples must shoot? So, if only one sees a threat they can't fire even if it puts everyone in danger?
I just find it hard to understand how other officers who had been on site for longer than her didnt shoot if the same threat existed.

I once had a civil engineer say that if a mistake is made in his profession, the consequences could be deadly. The same holds true for law enforcement officers. Not only do they need to be highly trained, they need to remain calm under intense pressure.

No one is going to say, “geez, give the guy a break” if he’s a doctor who had an ‘oops’ moment and accidentally killed a patient during a stressful operation. Why should a police officer be any different?

I just find it hard to understand how other officers who had been on site for longer than her didnt shoot if the same threat existed.
Threats materialize instantaneously and sometimes it's hard to tell it's a threat. I would say most officers are killed or wounded and didn't see the threat coming at all. Your question is a good one and I'm sure investigators will ask her that very thing. I'm just saying that it might be good to hold of on final judgement until more information is out.

Reactions: fabknight
I once had a civil engineer say that if a mistake is made in his profession, the consequences could be deadly. The same holds true for law enforcement officers. Not only do they need to be highly trained, they need to remain calm under intense pressure.

No one is going to say, “geez, give the guy a break” if he’s a doctor who had an ‘oops’ moment and accidentally killed a patient during a stressful operation. Why should a police officer be any different?

Lol you make it sound so simple. “Just get trained and remain calm when dealing with an armed suspect that is not responding to commands!”

Good analogy. In civil engineering, if all established procedures are followed and all reasonable measures are taken, then the engineer isn't responsible if something goes wrong, even when mistakes are made. In policing, the same thing holds. Given what an officer knows at the time, given the procedures to follow, would it be objectively reasonable that any officer would react the same way. In this case, we don't know what the officer knew, nor the procedures, so we can't make the judgement strictly based on the video.

Not responding??!? Hell, he’d still be alive today if he hadn’t obeyed their command to drop his gun.
I’d like to know what happened before she arrived that caused the other officers to pull their weapons. They won’t just pull their weapons for no reason; they pull them when they’ve observed a threat or been dispatched with information that the suspect posed a threat. So, tell me what else happened prior to all of this that had the other officers already at the point where they believed this guy was a threat? Because that is relevant and important to know how accurate your oversimplification is.

Reactions: Crazyhole
58442662_2265956856781320_625926006615572480_n.jpg

I'd be willing to bet that none of you have been in a situation remotely similar to what Mr. Franklin went through. Fuk all you armchair quarterbacks saying "just do what the cops tell you to do". Even in this case doing what the cops told him to do earned him the death sentence.

Fight, Flight or Freeze is what our barely evolved monkey brains do in a high stress situation, and unless you've had extensive training to overcome it, thats what the outcome will be.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending-...ll-man-following-orders-to-drop-gun/941371628

More information coming out. Apparently police were responding to multiple calls of this man pointing his gun at people. Potential attempted armed robbery. So they are going to engage as if the suspect is a deadly threat with guns pulled. You don’t pull a taser on a guy with a gun for the person above who asked why he wasn’t tased.

Now, in that context, if the gun wasn’t in his hand, I don’t understand why they didn’t execute a felony stop/arrest. The process that goes along the lines of put your hands up and stand up. Put your hands straight out to the side and turn away from me. Walk backwards towards my voice. Etc. It certainly seems like bad tactics to order the man to drop the weapon if he wasn’t holding the weapon (it’s hard to see in the video).

If he was holding the weapon and they saw him holding the weapon, then dropping it makes sense. Now, she said he has a gun which is something I think she would say to put on tape that she visually saw his gun. Was it in his hand or not? If it wasn’t in his hand, then he had to get it to drop it and the officer put him in a no-win situation. That will be a civil settlement at least. If it was in his hand, and rather than just dropping it, he raised it, then she has a legal justification defense.

But this is why there is due process. Yes, he deserved due process for the crimes he may or may not have committed using that gun. She also deserves due process for the crimes and procedural violations she may or may not have committed using her gun.

And to the post just above, if he was the one threatening people with his gun (and it appears he was), then he’d also be alive today if he wasn’t out there threatening deadly violence upon unarmed innocent victims. When we make “you told me to” a national mantra against police, let’s remember the full context of the story.

Reactions: fabknight
https://www.wftv.com/news/trending-...ll-man-following-orders-to-drop-gun/941371628

More information coming out. Apparently police were responding to multiple calls of this man pointing his gun at people. Potential attempted armed robbery. So they are going to engage as if the suspect is a deadly threat with guns pulled. You don’t pull a taser on a guy with a gun for the person above who asked why he wasn’t tased.

Now, in that context, if the gun wasn’t in his hand, I don’t understand why they didn’t execute a felony stop/arrest. The process that goes along the lines of put your hands up and stand up. Put your hands straight out to the side and turn away from me. Walk backwards towards my voice. Etc. It certainly seems like bad tactics to order the man to drop the weapon if he wasn’t holding the weapon (it’s hard to see in the video).

If he was holding the weapon and they saw him holding the weapon, then dropping it makes sense. Now, she said he has a gun which is something I think she would say to put on tape that she visually saw his gun. Was it in his hand or not? If it wasn’t in his hand, then he had to get it to drop it and the officer put him in a no-win situation. That will be a civil settlement at least. If it was in his hand, and rather than just dropping it, he raised it, then she has a legal justification defense.

But this is why there is due process. Yes, he deserved due process for the crimes he may or may not have committed using that gun. She also deserves due process for the crimes and procedural violations she may or may not have committed using her gun.

And to the post just above, if he was the one threatening people with his gun (and it appears he was), then he’d also be alive today if he wasn’t out there threatening deadly violence upon unarmed innocent victims. When we make “you told me to” a national mantra against police, let’s remember the full context of the story.

WOW! Color me shocked to find that there's far more to this story than this being "Ms Rambo" with a racist streak getting her jollies off by killing a black guy. Who knew?!?!?!?

Let's make this simple: 2 different people called 911 saying this guy was pointing a firearm at someone. That has nothing to fuking do with legal open carry. If he isn't pointing his gun at people then he'd be alive today. The officers responding to this were all told that a guy was threatening to kill people by brandishing a firearm and pointing it at them.

They were not responding to "black guy with legal open carry" as the blowhards here would love for you to believe.

It's just soooooooooooo shocking to find that this story was not at all how lefties here immediately assured us it was. It's sooooo shocking to find that claims of racism and racist pig cops is debunked once actual facts come out.

It's an open carry state--but, of course, that's meant to pertain to White wanna-be Rambos, not Black men. Everybody should know that, right?

When a Black man is spotted with a gun, that's immediately 'suspicious' and is going to result in a call to the police followed by an all-points rush to Burger King by the city's on-duty officers.

What is crystal clear when you watch the video is that:
1) the man is in an open, vulnerable, squatting position outside his car. I'm no police guy, but I'd imagine that's not a position you'd normally associate with a guy who's ready to take out a bunch of police officers.

2) After shouts to drop his weapon, what's the scared-sh*tless guy do? He reaches for his gun and drops it as Ms. Rambo kills him. Again, I'm no law enforcement trainer, but why not say, "Hands above your head," and THEN disarm him?

I don't believe the death was in any way premeditated, but it's a clear case of unprofessional police bungling. In today's world, there's no place for the Barney -- or Betty -- Fifes in law enforcement.

Hey, know what else is suspicious? When a guy with a gun is pointing it at multiple people and threatening to kill them.

Reactions: YourWifesBoyfriend
WOW! Color me shocked to find that there's far more to this story than this being "Ms Rambo" with a racist streak getting her jollies off by killing a black guy. Who knew?!?!?!?

Let's make this simple: 2 different people called 911 saying this guy was pointing a firearm at someone. That has nothing to fuking do with legal open carry. If he isn't pointing his gun at people then he'd be alive today. The officers responding to this were all told that a guy was threatening to kill people by brandishing a firearm and pointing it at them.

They were not responding to "black guy with legal open carry" as the blowhards here would love for you to believe.

It's just soooooooooooo shocking to find that this story was not at all how lefties here immediately assured us it was. It's sooooo shocking to find that claims of racism and racist pig cops is debunked once actual facts come out.
These stories haven't been aging well for the left this year.

Soooo...how does this change the fact that a guy was murdered for following instructions?

These stories haven't been aging well for the left this year.

It's been going on longer than that. This decade has been brutal for them, however. Ever since the left and the media pulled out pictures of Trayvon Martin in preschool as the little boy who was shot by fat George, it's just gone downhill.

It's been going on longer than that. This decade has been brutal for them, however. Ever since the left and the media pulled out pictures of Trayvon Martin in preschool as the little boy who was shot by fat George, it's just gone downhill.
Hopefully the President stays away from this one. Having the President jump into the middle of these situations just throws barrels of oil on the fire and doesn’t move anyone closer to resolution.

That's what I see successfully most every time (obviously since its not really live, they wouldn't show it if didn't turn out successfully) on A&E's Police State Live*

I'm curious how much time the other cops were there & the rank/experience factor relative the one who shot. Could be a veteran outranking cops have this under control & here comes Ms. Rookie Rambo poppin caps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT