ADVERTISEMENT

Thug Kills Man Outside Burger King

i hadnt watched the video until now. looks like murder to me.
The 0 analysis quick take I agreed with bigly at first. The more I marinate on it, just F- policing. Guy was surrounded by a bunch of cops w guns drawn & apparently at least somewhat communicating with at least one of them then Sally come lately comes in perceives a threat & shoots him prematurely.

Reactions: UCFWayne
The 0 analysis quick take I agreed with bigly at first. The more I marinate on it, just F- policing. Guy was surrounded by a bunch of cops w guns drawn & apparently at least somewhat communicating with at least one of them then Sally come lately comes in perceives a threat & shoots him prematurely.
I’m going to guess that the internal investigation will come to the same conclusion and she will be fired. I’m not sure about criminal charges stemming from this. That is a high bar and stems from what she was thinking and if it was objectively reasonable for her to be thinking that. Lots of experts and officer testimony. I’m guessing Charlotte will settle a civil suit for millions and this will go away.

There are some other issues with the position she took. She came late and assumed a position that put her in danger of firing into the store if she misses high. That’s probably not a good position for her and I’m guessing is addressed somewhere in their departmental procedures. Crossing in front of the others seems very ill-considered as well unless she was going to physically constrain the suspect. The department should have plenty of room to hang her if they want to, even with the Chief’s initial statement that he had to make in a way that wouldn’t kill morale.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
I’m going to guess that the internal investigation will come to the same conclusion and she will be fired.
Yep, her behavior is a textbook example of incompetence.

On top of every other valid criticism that has been shared in this thread, this officer escalated the situation rather than tap it down. She was super jacked-up from the second she arrived on the scene. There were already guns trained on the man. But instead of calmly asking the man to cooperate with them, she raises her own gun and literally SHOUTS at the man in a voice that would have scared the sh*t out of me if I'd been her target. That voice literally screamed that she was jacked-up to the max and in danger of doing something stupid.

One has to wonder how she got through her police training. Maybe she was having a 'REALLY BAD' day, but based on that video, she failed to display the level of calm, emotional maturity necessary to handle a high stress situation. In fact, she was actually the one who made this one high stress.

Reactions: Crazyhole

On top of every other valid criticism that has been shared in this thread, this officer escalated the situation rather than tap it down. She was super jacked-up from the second she arrived on the scene. There were already guns trained on the man. But instead of calmly asking the man to cooperate with them, she raises her own gun and literally SHOUTS at the man in a voice that would have scared the sh*t out of me if I'd been her target. That voice literally screamed that she was jacked-up to the max and in danger of doing something stupid.

One has to wonder how she got through her police training. Maybe she was having a 'REALLY BAD' day, but based on that video, she failed to display the level of calm, emotional maturity necessary to handle a high stress situation. In fact, she was actually the one who made this one high stress.

Remember that time that you assured us that the cops were there only because people were racist, scared of a black guy legally carrying his firearm, and this situation only existed due to racism?

Also remember that time when a link was provided, showing that 911 was called twice on this guy since he was pointing a gun at employees and threatening to kill them?

Police responding to a situation where a man was threatening innocent people with a gun made this situation high stress. You seem to keep forgetting this essential fact that is the premise for the entire encounter.

Police responding to a situation where a man was threatening innocent people with a gun made this situation high stress. You seem to keep forgetting this essential fact that is the premise for the entire encounter.

He'll be incapable of admitting this since he already declared that this is all due to racism and harassing a black man who was simply legally carrying a firearm. Once he goes to the racism card this guy never, ever walks it back when actual facts refute this claim.

Remember that time that you assured us that the cops were there only because people were racist, scared of a black guy legally carrying his firearm, and this situation only existed due to racism?
Where is your evidence that this Black man was "pointing the gun at people" and "threatening to kill them?" There was no robbery, no threats, just a gun that was visible in his front pocket.

To be perfectly honest, it would have alarmed me too if I'd been there, but the State of North Carolina, in its infinite wisdom, is a open carry state so it was perfectly legal for him to carry a gun into that Burger King. But evidently that just pertains to all the old and middle-aged white guys who passed this stupid law.

What's this about? Are you defending this cop? She shot this guy as he dropped his gun on the ground by the barrel for crying out loud.

Last edited:
Where is your evidence that this Black man was "pointing the gun at people" and "threatening to kill them?" There was no robbery, no threats, just a gun that was visible in his front pocket.

To be perfectly honest, it would have alarmed me too if I'd been there, but the State of North Carolina, in its infinite wisdom, is a open carry state so it was perfectly legal for him to carry a gun into that Burger King. But evidently that just pertains to all the old and middle-aged white guys who passed this stupid law.

What's this about? Are you defending this cop? She shot this guy as he dropped his gun on the ground by the barrel for crying out loud.

Holy shit. Can you stop being a race baiting moron for one frigging second and try READING what you are responding to, ever? It's in the frigging article that was linked today that goes into more detail about what MULTIPLE people called into 911 about:

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officials said dispatchers received two 911 calls around 9 a.m. the morning of the shooting, the calls coming within two minutes of one another. The calls came from a Burger King located on Beatties Ford Road in Charlotte.

“The first caller frantically said she needed police quickly because the individual entered the store, walked behind the counter with a gun and was pointing it at an employee,”
a police department statement said. “The second caller frantically said she needed police because an individual had approached her vehicle while she was waiting for food in the parking lot of the business and pulled out a gun.”

The sad thing is that you probably did read this, and my posts, and still chose to totally ignore the existence of this evidence since you're already called someone a racist and intend to blindly lie and go with that without repent. Just as you've done multiple times on this very board.

Holy shit. Can you stop being a race baiting moron for one frigging second and try READING what you are responding to, ever? It's in the frigging article that was linked today that goes into more detail about what MULTIPLE people called into 911
As I said, I would have called 911 too if I'm in that restaurant.

But pardon me if I take reports of 'gun-pointing' with a grain of salt. If we didn't have the actual film footage, we'd probably have been told that the officer fired on the man squatting beside his car in self-defense too.

As I said, I would have called 911 too if I'm in that restaurant.

But pardon me if I take reports of 'gun-pointing' with a grain of salt. If we didn't have the actual film footage, we'd probably have been told that the officer fired on the man squatting beside his car in self-defense too.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Like I said, you're so dug in on this "they were only there cuz people are racist!" bullshit that you're now saying dumb stuff like this. Two different people say he pointed a gun at them or someone in the place. But sure, maybe they're mistaken since it's not that easy to know when a gun is being pointed at someone or not.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Like I said, you're so dug in on this "they were only there cuz people are racist!" bullshit that you're now saying dumb stuff like this. Two different people say he pointed a gun at them or someone in the place.
Sooo...what did he do after pointing the gun? Rob them?

Weird that he pointed a gun to apparently rob them...and then walked away without getting cash or at least their Whopper. What's up with that?

But on the other hand, it sure sounds more serious than saying we have a Black man in this Burger King with a gun clearly visible in his front pocket.

Weird that he pointed a gun to apparently rob them...and then walked away without getting cash or at least their Whopper. What's up with that?

But on the other hand, it sure sounds more serious than saying we have a Black man in this Burger King with a gun clearly visible in his front pocket.

Who said he was there to rob them? That's immaterial to the fact that TWO different people called 911 saying the same exact thing. Unless you're going to tell me it's NBD to point a firearm at people.

Can you please stop trying to invent facts and invent narratives that don't exist? I know you've dug yourself a hole and predictably aren't trying to admit you were wrong, but this is bad even for you.

Pointed a gun at someone is assault with a deadly weapon and a serious felony in and of itself. Pointing a gun at someone demonstrates deadly intent. The police were responding to calls and were going to apprehend a suspect who they were relatively sure had just proven that they had deadly intent and the means to commit (mass) murder. That doesn't go away just because he may or may not have put the gun into his waistband or pocket. Police can't just say, well you put the gun away and walked away, so we're all good now.

You're inventing things in your last statement. The calls didn't say "a black man with a gun in his pocket." Don't try to change the facts to suit your narrative.

And another thing, since I'm all fired up now. You or I have no legal responsibility to engage this guy and would be just fine to walk away and leave him be. Police, on the other hand, have a legal duty to engage with this guy. If they just let him walk away or don't follow up with their established procedures, they put their jobs on the line, their department at legal risk, and put themselves on the hook if that guy then goes and kills someone because they didn't handle it via established procedure (and of course they're on the hook any time they don't follow procedures). Until laws, legal precedents, and policies change, they have to follow the laws and policies.

@DaShuckster
Why do you think all cops and conservatives are racist?

It's amazing isn't it? Even in the face of evidence that proves him utterly wrong, he still clings to this idea that the cop was racist, the people calling 911 were racist, cops are murderers, etc.

I have never met a cop that is looking to kill someone, and I know lots of cops. Nowadays, the departments of the officer and deputies that I know tend to weed out the overly aggressive cops through retirement or early in training/ probation.

Working as an officer today is far different than even 10 years ago. I’m surprised anyone wants to go into law enforcement today. Police departments are understaffed yet they go to great extents looking for things to write up the officers on. The new attitude of administration is that there are two types of officers, those who have been in an IA and those who will be in an IA. Morale is hitting the floor in departments around the country. There is at least one local agency proposing that an officer has to get a supervisor’s approval before they can pull their weapon.

Add to that the public misrepresentation of police encounters and the communities that need policing the most having the most cultural animosity toward the police. Now add in civilian review boards where due process is largely stripped from the officer.

If you don’t have officers quitting outright, they are in a protection mode where they aren’t actively policing and are just responding to calls. It’s the natural reaction to the atmosphere when police are asked to do extraordinary things but aren’t backed up by their communities and are exposed to civil and criminal penalties even when doing the right thing the right way. In the end, the country is not better for this.

Reactions: fabknight
I have never met a cop that is looking to kill someone, and I know lots of cops. Nowadays, the departments of the officer and deputies that I know tend to weed out the overly aggressive cops through retirement or early in training/ probation.

Working as an officer today is far different than even 10 years ago. I’m surprised anyone wants to go into law enforcement today. Police departments are understaffed yet they go to great extents looking for things to write up the officers on. The new attitude of administration is that there are two types of officers, those who have been in an IA and those who will be in an IA. Morale is hitting the floor in departments around the country. There is at least one local agency proposing that an officer has to get a supervisor’s approval before they can pull their weapon.

Add to that the public misrepresentation of police encounters and the communities that need policing the most having the most cultural animosity toward the police. Now add in civilian review boards where due process is largely stripped from the officer.

If you don’t have officers quitting outright, they are in a protection mode where they aren’t actively policing and are just responding to calls. It’s the natural reaction to the atmosphere when police are asked to do extraordinary things but aren’t backed up by their communities and are exposed to civil and criminal penalties even when doing the right thing the right way. In the end, the country is not better for this.
It is sad. My son graduates in August from UCF and wants to be a LEO.

Two different people say he pointed a gun at them or someone in the place. But sure, maybe they're mistaken since it's not that easy to know when a gun is being pointed at someone or not.
If he was reported to have pointed his gun at an employee, why is it that the employees themselves didn’t say that? If this was a robbery, wouldn’t they have known it?

And the woman waiting for her food said she saw a man pull a gun out. She didn’t say he pointed it at her.

Also, this guy was employed and the father of three children.

Again, I’m “all-in” on calling 911 if I see a Black guy with a gun in a Burger King. But somebody needs to caution Black men that while the State’s law makers are pro-open carry, it really doesn’t apply to them.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
If he was reported to have pointed his gun at an employee, why is it that the employees themselves didn’t say that? If this was a robbery, wouldn’t they have known it?

And the woman waiting for her food said she saw a man pull a gun out. She didn’t say he pointed it at her.

Again, I’m “all-in” on calling 911 if I see a Black guy with a gun in a Burger King. But somebody needs to caution Black men that while the State’s law makers are pro-open carry, it really doesn’t apply to them.

You're so incredibly pathetic and dug in once you assert that someone's a racist, it's incredible. What we know as a fact is that 2 separate 911 calls were placed, both of which asserted that this guy pointed a firearm at someone. In one case, going BEHIND the counter and pointing a firearm at an employee.

Hence the police were not responding to "black guy legally carrying firearm". To keep pushing this bullshit, false narrative is really just pathetic.

Pardon me if I get skeptical when the narrative being told doesn’t add up. For what it’s worth, I had the same suspicions when an actor on the TV show Empire said he was assaulted by MAGA hatters.

Got damn. Do you ever get sick of your totally fukcing stupid takes? It's like you get the word RACIST!!!! in your little brain and can't get it out.

Now come at me with the toadie nonsense, Melvin.

Got damn. Do you ever get sick of your totally fukcing stupid takes? It's like you get the word RACIST!!!! in your little brain and can't get it out.

Now come at me with the toadie nonsense, Melvin.

Shuckster has no issue with a guy pointing a firearm at people and anyone who calls the cops when seeing that is racist, but Shuckster would call in the SWAT team if he ever saw a white kid SMIRKING!

Shuckster has no issue with a guy pointing a firearm at people and anyone who calls the cops when seeing that is racist, but Shuckster would call in the SWAT team if he ever saw a white kid SMIRKING!

Exactly. White kid smirking at some dude beating a drum in his face and shookster is "OMG you can just tell the anger and hate in that little shit's soul. I can see it. There is obviously something there. CALL THE POLICE." Dude waves a gun in public at people and it's "Stop being RACIST!!!"

Reactions: UCFWayne
You're so incredibly pathetic and dug in once you assert that someone's a racist, it's incredible. What we know as a fact is that 2 separate 911 calls were placed, both of which asserted that this guy pointed a firearm at someone. In one case, going BEHIND the counter and pointing a firearm at an employee.

Hence the police were not responding to "black guy legally carrying firearm". To keep pushing this bullshit, false narrative is really just pathetic.
Toxic

The WC can never be normal again with 85 rage posting every day all day. We all get upset about the topics discussed from time to time and have different views but the constant toxic posts from him are why we have people discussing game of thrones in the dungeon and not here.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
The WC can never be normal again with 85 rage posting every day all day. We all get upset about the topics discussed from time to time and have different views but the constant toxic posts from him are why we have people discussing game of thrones in the dungeon and not here.
I don't agree as everyone in here does a certain amount of toxic posting, even you and shuckster. I've gone so far as to put the most toxic poster ever known to man on ignore.

I don't agree as everyone in here does a certain amount of toxic posting, even you and shuckster. I've gone so far as to put the most toxic poster ever known to man on ignore.
Read 85s post history and compare it to mine. I'm genuinely trying to discuss issues and candidates and only get pissed when people post stuff like calling all democrats terrorists or baby murderers or whatever hyperbole flavor of the month is. 85 is the worst offender of this. He's incredibly toxic and he drives away all polite discussion and newcomers outside of trolls who feed on this atmosphere.

lol I call out a leftie blatantly lying and refusing to accept facts in the middle of yet another false racial dog whistle post, and you come here to cry and whine about me pointing this out.

Maybe if you guys stopped being ass backwards wrong about everything you'd cry less.

Here's what's really happening: @fried-chicken is butthurt that his leftie buddy is again looking like an idiot here, so he's trying to deflect and change the subject. It's much easier to cry about me pointing out that everything Shuckster is saying is wrong than address the fact that another leftie cried RACIST! before having a sliver of fact in hand.

Shook Chicken really can't handle being proven wrong.

Here's what's really happening: @fried-chicken is butthurt that his leftie buddy is again looking like an idiot here, so he's trying to deflect and change the subject. It's much easier to cry about me pointing out that everything Shuckster is saying is wrong than address the fact that another leftie cried RACIST! before having a sliver of fact in hand.

Shook Chicken really can't handle being proven wrong.
Toxic

[roll]

Shook Chicken, why don't you go on record? Do you also still think this is a case of racist people and racist cops harassing a black guy just legally carrying a firearm, or do you believe that the linked story didn't invent the fact that 2 separate calls were placed from 2 different people, stating this guy was pointing a firearm at people?

Your buddy Shuckster refuses to admit this since he's already called people racist. How about you?

[roll]

Shook Chicken, why don't you go on record? Do you also still think this is a case of racist people and racist cops harassing a black guy just legally carrying a firearm, or do you believe that the linked story didn't invent the fact that 2 separate calls were placed from 2 different people, stating this guy was pointing a firearm at people?

Your buddy Shuckster refuses to admit this since he's already called people racist. How about you?
I'm discussing your toxicity right now.

and the communities that need policing the most having the most cultural animosity toward the police.

You did not add commentary either way so this is a legitimate question that follows. You are extremely well versed in law enforcement and I consider you an expert on this board when it comes to this stuff. (Not sure what your background is but I'm curious)

You also seem to know a lot of history. Without assigning percentages or weighing blame, would you agree that it is incredibly complex and there's a very long history that has led to this animosity being at least partially warranted? It's a very frustrating topic for me bc I feel you have people coming at it from 2 opposing ends. Everything is the result of continued racist policing vs blue wall of silence. Do you feel there's enough real dialogue taking place?

You did not add commentary either way so this is a legitimate question that follows. You are extremely well versed in law enforcement and I consider you an expert on this board when it comes to this stuff. (Not sure what your background is but I'm curious)

You also seem to know a lot of history. Without assigning percentages or weighing blame, would you agree that it is incredibly complex and there's a very long history that has led to this animosity being at least partially warranted? It's a very frustrating topic for me bc I feel you have people coming at it from 2 opposing ends. Everything is the result of continued racist policing vs blue wall of silence. Do you feel there's enough real dialogue taking place?
I will absolutely agree that police bear a share of responsibility for the animosity. From police enforcing racist laws prior to the civil rights movement to the overly aggressive tactical squads in LA and Chicago, there has been a good deal of abuse on the police side to look back at. By and large, I think policing has changed and the type of people that agencies are hiring has changed.

I’ve long thought that police agencies need to hire a good PR firm. Police do more outreach into communities than you would think. But I think you nailed it, what is needed is dialogue. I think the police need to be more active in explaining what they are doing and why. I think they need to do more training of how they intend to interact with people and how the people are expected to act. They need to be able to answer questions.

A lot of the problem isn’t necessarily the police but the laws and courts. When people think that the courts won’t treat them fairly, the policing process is going to be more contentious. When the laws are hard to explain and understand, the police process is harder. Police are often the outlet for rage at what feels like an unfair system.

If I’m claiming racism in this thread then I’m guilty as charged too because I’ve repeatedly said that I would have called 911 on this Black guy.

My point is that this gun-pointing business doesn’t make any sense. Maybe it would if he was some kind of psycho with a history of crazy behavior. But he was an employed father of three with no real criminal record. Maybe if some new evidence comes out, I’ll change my opinion. But as things currently stand, I find the story that’s being used to defend the cops’ response a little fishy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT