ADVERTISEMENT

Townsend redshirting rest of the season to transfer

vroomba

Five-Star Recruit
Jan 23, 2012
Not a great week for us, but guess this is side effect of the NIL/portal era. I'm going to assume its over usage in Gus' system, and as it stands we'll only have 2 returning starters on offense next season (assuming nobody else leaves).

Its understandable for someone down on the depth chart but X has been at the top of the depth chart since he stepped on campus.. All of our established player transfers out seem to have the same common theme. The issue needs fixed sooner rather than later.

Gus:
GYHSKteXMAAyffk.jpg

The sad thing is that more than likely he’s going to wind up another statistic in terms of the grass not being greener on the other side. Where’s Jaylon Robinson nowadays, for example…

Not a great week for us, but guess this is side effect of the NIL/portal era. I'm going to assume its over usage in Gus' system, and as it stands we'll only have 2 returning starters on offense next season (assuming nobody else leaves).
I tried to tell y'all over and over and over that Xavier Townsend would transfer because of Ja'Varrius Johnson. It is why Gus didn't announce his transfer until AFTER the transfer portal window closed.

Johnson will start at slot against Florida.

I tried to tell y'all over and over and over that Xavier Townsend would transfer because of Ja'Varrius Johnson. It is why Gus didn't announce his transfer until AFTER the transfer portal window closed.

I… don’t think that’s why he transferred. He wasn’t losing playing time to the guy who had like 20 snaps this season

I… don’t think that’s why he transferred. He wasn’t losing playing time to the guy who had like 20 snaps this season
Just watch. His azz had to go. He didn't block. He was too selfish to just return punts. He could have helped this team as a returner only.

Perhaps the fact that Townsend had more snaps than any other WR on the team in the last two games would prove that point, but it won't.

Bro…just shut up. You are beyond a simp. Townsend is the starter and Johnson is a JAG that got shown the door at Auburn.

Townsend is leaving because the UCF offense is trash…there’s no passing game and Malzone’s play calling is beyond bad.

Townsend wants to go where they pass the ball and where he will be targeted.

Ja’varrius Johnson: 3 catches for 10 yards for the entire year. I am sure he’s intimidating other WR’s into leaving?

Bro…just shut up. You are beyond a simp. Townsend is the starter and Johnson is a JAG that got shown the door at Auburn.

Townsend is leaving because the UCF offense is trash…there’s no passing game and Malzone’s play calling is beyond bad.

Townsend wants to go where they pass the ball and where he will be targeted.

Ja’varrius Johnson: 3 catches for 10 yards for the entire year. I am sure he’s intimidating other WR’s into leaving?

Season 2 Chick GIF by Nanalan'

David Brag GIF by Australian Survivor

I don't know how everybody else feels, but this AL1/Looney Lobo shit has reached disturbing levels. I've never seen supposed fans of other teams bicker back and forth on another team's board over that other team's players. It's so f'n weird.

Reactions: Terrorizzertz
Just watch. His azz had to go. He didn't block. He was too selfish to just return punts. He could have helped this team as a returner only.
You have no idea what you’re talking about. All you’ve done is post negative things about Townsend for two years. You have no credibility on the subject.

According to you, J. Johnson was going to come in right away and be a starter. He was going to make Townsend an afterthought. The super senior has barely been able to get on the field. Auburn man couldn’t crack the rotation with an ex-Auburn coach.

I guess maybe he will be able to now…

Can’t wait for the day that Malzahn announces his retirement. Sooner the better.

Who cares if you get 50 snaps a game when you have 69 yards and 1 TD in 4 games. I’d transfer too. Gus is a terrible Offensive coach in 2024. Nothing else to say b

Reactions: ucffan642
Maybe I’m just old school, but it just seems to me like kids are quitting when they do this.

I’m all for NIL, the portal, player empowerment, etc. Townsend had the opportunity the last two off seasons to transfer (it’s not like Malzahn’s offense has changed. It’s always been bad when it comes to the air attack).

But he didn’t transfer, he stayed here. Again, maybe I’m just old. But you make a commitment to a team at the beginning of a season, you see that commitment through. Transfer the second after the season is over. Have the goodbye note in the drafts, that’s fine.

But to me, when a starter walks away to preserve their redshirt after four games, that’s quitting. You start something, you finish it.

Reactions: UCFPete1990
I don't know how everybody else feels, but this AL1/Looney Lobo shit has reached disturbing levels. I've never seen supposed fans of other teams bicker back and forth on another team's board over that other team's players. It's so f'n weird.
Block is your friend with these 2. Only drawback ya may miss something interesting but thats slim to none.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT