ADVERTISEMENT

Troy Walters BIO if anyone is interested :-)

don't see it happening. Not enough experience and Danny White knows he needs a big time rebound to salvage the season ticket campaign this offseason.

Reactions: Miltonian
don't see it happening. Not enough experience and Danny White knows he needs a big time rebound to salvage the season ticket campaign this offseason.

Somewhat disagree with you here. Those who are die hard fans will buy season tickets anyway, and selling the idea of keeping the bus rolling in the same direction and not turning mid-stream might get those fair-weathers to think that they'll see the same thing next year as this and buy into it. Only a hard core, into-UCF football fans would be disappointed/angry, and most of central Florida don't fit into that mode.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Are you saying Walters with Reggie Wayne isn't big time? That dude from Austin Peay wouldn't be big time, but I think he'd succeed here(for three years then go back to Tennessee or something).

Somewhat disagree with you here. Those who are die hard fans will buy season tickets anyway, and selling the idea of keeping the bus rolling in the same direction and not turning mid-stream might get those fair-weathers to think that they'll see the same thing next year as this and buy into it. Only a hard core, into-UCF football fans would be disappointed/angry, and most of central Florida don't fit into that mode.
I'm not talking about the die hards, the season ticket base needs to grow. Look at attendance most of the season.

I just disagree about Walters even though he seems like a great guy. He'll probably get an offer in CUSA

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Agreed with PK here, you need an decently established coach. You need spread coach, easy to find these days. Unfortunately walters isnt established enough to get the community excited. You need a good name

I fear that we're reading our own press clipping too much. The guy we are losing wasn't an established coach. Why do we suddenly think established successful coaches are going to leave P5 or even other successful G5 schools? If you're a successful G5 HC, guess what? P5's are already coming for you.

Maybe Walters isn't the guy, but people acting like Scott Frost was so far ahead of where Troy is right now are simply incorrect. He had 2 more years actually calling plays and 3 total years more as a coach in college. Troy also has a degree from Stanford.

Again, he's probably not the choice, but this idea that he is no where near what Frost was simply isn't true.

Troy's coaching web is extensive. He can get some great coaches in here.

how many of you hire Walters fans were also 'give the job to Brent Key after GOL retires' guys?

Not me. Maybe because GOL's retirement wasn't imminent. And when it was imminent, we were 0-4.

By the way, before you continue putting words in people's mouths, I don't see anyone saying "Hire Troy". I see people saying "consider Troy" and "Troy isn't very different fro Frost 2 years ago" and "I trust whatever DW wants to do".

They got robbed by not getting in the playoffs. The committee didn't select them....sounds familiar....

images

Reactions: Happy Hands
Not me. Maybe because GOL's retirement wasn't imminent. And when it was imminent, we were 0-4.

By the way, before you continue putting words in people's mouths, I don't see anyone saying "Hire Troy". I see people saying "consider Troy" and "Troy isn't very different fro Frost 2 years ago" and "I trust whatever DW wants to do".
when did Troy call plays in the Pac 12 for four years and CFP ?

my apologies, maybe it was 3 season. I'll root for whatever Danny does obviously.

I just think guys like Sumlin and Tee Martin should be above him on the list if they are willing to take the job.

Positives - Troy was Biletinkoff award winner, already part of the playcalling team, assures continuity with the players.

concerns - resume is with pro-style teams, is he really committed to the Chip Kelly system or will he pro style with some Frost plays, will he slow the team down

At least if you hire an OC that had autonomy and has history of playing fast you know what you will get. Frost walked into UCF wearing that on his sleeve.

my apologies, maybe it was 3 season. I'll root for whatever Danny does obviously.

Word.

I just think guys like Sumlin and Tee Martin should be above him on the list if they are willing to take the job.

Tee Martin doesn't run our offense though. Sumlin??? I don't know. I get the feeling all his success was due to a handful of guys early on at TAMU, namely Johnny Manziel. 35-17 at Houston with 2 good seasons out of 4. After Johnny Football left TAMU, they have been extremely average.

He knows our system and he was the recruiting coordinator. I can see how it might work.

I leave this to DW. I don't care if he stays in house or goes outside. As long as he grabs the right guy. Only worry I have is this team was set up for next year, If you bring in someone with a different offense, you may set the team back a year.

I thought Frost has been calling plays all year....didn't he say Walters would call plays if he had to leave the game due to his child's birth?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT