ADVERTISEMENT

Trump 2021 budget proposal

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-slashes-foreign-aid-cuts-024157517.html
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/...6-percent-domestic-cuts-in-48-trillion-budget

im jsut now reading up on this. im really happy to see a big cut to foreign aid. lots of other cuts as well. id like to see the military budget also get cut a little bit but it is a start.

His budget basically increases military spending while having cuts to many safety net programs. Who does this benefit other than weapons manufacturers and the like? Republican priorities are strange to me.

His budget basically increases military spending while having cuts to many safety net programs. Who does this benefit other than weapons manufacturers and the like? Republican priorities are strange to me.
yea i dont like that part. military spending should also be cut as we pull out of that cluster F in the middle east

Reactions: UCFBS
House dems should pass this and leave republicans scrambling to kill it because there is no chance Trump wants this to pass. He doesn't actually want to cut Medicare ahead of an election.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
yea i dont like that part. military spending should also be cut as we pull out of that cluster F in the middle east

Well, there is no way it would pass the House with the safety net cuts I wouldn't think, so I imagine there will be significant changes before all is said and done.

House dems should pass this and leave republicans scrambling to kill it because there is no chance Trump wants this to pass. He doesn't actually want to cut Medicare ahead of an election.

Yeah, I don't understand the logic behind cutting medicare in an election year. He realizes a lot of people who vote for him use medicare doesn't he?

I do wonder what the Republican reaction would be if the House did actually pass it, I would assume not good.

Yeah, I don't understand the logic behind cutting medicare in an election year. He realizes a lot of people who vote for him use medicare doesn't he?
He wants the dems to vote against spending cuts and he knows his low IQ base won't look into what he's trying to cut.

If he's got a budget proposed that cuts spending he thinks he can't be hit for his historic deficit.

I like how we have this worthless freak out and song/dance every year from people who don't understand how budgets are made. The President has always published his own budget in every past Admin and it's nothing but worthless virtue signaling for whatever he wants to say are priorities. The House and Senate budget committees say "yea, thanks" and then make their own budget which goes to Committee then full Chamber vote.

Trump has simply taken this worthless virtue signaling and amped it to 10 with budgets that clearly will never pass.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Trump is big into spending for NASA. He’s increasing there budget to put a man back on the moon in 2024 and then to Mars. Also, he wants make space another branch of the military.

I don’t think that there are many positive returns on the money spent, but personally, I want my tax dollars spent on space exploration.

Reactions: UCFBS and KingDavid
Trump is big into spending for NASA. He’s increasing there budget to put a man back on the moon in 2024 and then to Mars. Also, he wants make space another branch of the military.

I don’t think that there are many positive returns on the money spent, but personally, I want my tax dollars spent on space exploration.

I'm sorry, but it seems like a more subtle version of the pandering that Gingrich tried to use in 2012. Florida is big on NASA funding and is also a swing state. There are no other countries even talking about going back to the moon or Mars so I dont see the ROI.

I'm sorry, but it seems like a more subtle version of the pandering that Gingrich tried to use in 2012. Florida is big on NASA funding and is also a swing state. There are no other countries even talking about going back to the moon or Mars so I dont see the ROI.
There isn’t a return on investment, just like a ton of other useless programs

I’m with you there . For whatever reason the space program is something I want to see well funded

Trump is big into spending.....
No sh*t. Trump’s deficit will top one trillion dollars this year.

What the hell happened to all those Republican fiscal conservatives???!? Don’t worry, guys, I predict they’ll be back as soon as we dump Trump and elect another Democrat President. :)

No sh*t. Trump’s deficit will top one trillion dollars this year.

What the hell happened to all those Republican fiscal conservatives???!? Don’t worry, guys, I predict they’ll be back as soon as we dump Trump and elect another Democrat President. :)
Cute. Trump’s plan is cutting so many useless other things like sending all that countless millions of dollars to countries that “can’t defend themselves.” You know, the countries that Obama was in love with that can’t stand us like Pakistan and Iran

Not only was there no return on THOSE investments, but it was a “negative” return. Paying for them to harbor terrorists

Cute. Trump’s plan is cutting so many useless other things like sending all that countless millions of dollars to countries that “can’t defend themselves.” You know, the countries that Obama was in love with that can’t stand us like Pakistan and Iran

Not only was there no return on THOSE investments, but it was a “negative” return. Paying for them to harbor terrorists
Trump’s spending a hell of a lot more than he’s cutting. But ignoring reality and creating your own narrative is par for the course.

Trump’s spending a hell of a lot more than he’s cutting. But ignoring reality and creating your own narrative is par for the course.

The President doesn’t “spend” a dime. Congress passes spending budgets and then mandates the executive allocate exactly what they passed. Your basic understanding about yet another thing you’re attempting to comment on is expected but still really pathetic. You are wrong about so much, so often and yet still an ignorant blowhard.

Last edited:
The President doesn’t “spend” a dime. Congress passes spending budgets and then mandates the executive allocate exactly what they passed. Your basic understanding about yet another thing you’re attempting to comment on is expected but still really pathetic. You are wrong about so much, so often and yet still an ignorant blowhard.
Good Grief! You’re a good one for talking about an ignorant blowhard!

So you’re saying Trump is blameless in the growth of our Federal deficit? Did you not read Wayne’s OP?

Trump is no doubt partially responsible for the deficit. He wanted big money for the military, and had to give in to dems in other areas to get it. Neither party has many deficit hawks. They stay in office by stealing tax payer money, then giving back some on projects that make them look good to constituents. No one with even a bit of intelligence expects Trump nor any of the Dems to cut or even slow spending.

Good Grief! You’re a good one for talking about an ignorant blowhard!

So you’re saying Trump is blameless in the growth of our Federal deficit? Did you not read Wayne’s OP?

You do realize that not every single issue must boil down to you crying about the President, correct? Is Trump "blameless"? No, he never was a deficit hawk and he isn't one now. That doesn't change the fact that our frigging government works by Congress passing spending bills and them alone. Something you dolts refused to acknowledge during the Obama years and "forgot" now.

Knowing that his budget proposal is only ceremonial I'm a little surprised he didn't propose a lot more cuts with this being an election year.

Just stop. No president spends less than they are cutting. Why do you think that he inherited a deficit in the Trillions? The only difference is he’s actually spending to protect Americans and creating jobs by improving our infrastructure. He’s cutting wasted money spent on countries that aren’t pulling their weight to defend themselves and money spent on rogue nations. What part of that don’t you understand or is fitting my narrative?

Reactions: Crazyhole
Just stop. No president spends less than they are cutting. Why do you think that he inherited a deficit in the Trillions? The only difference is he’s actually spending to protect Americans and creating jobs by improving our infrastructure. He’s cutting wasted money spent on countries that aren’t pulling their weight to defend themselves and money spent on rogue nations. What part of that don’t you understand or is fitting my narrative?

Lol at complaining that Trump isn't cutting enough when literally every democrat candidate and every democrat congressperson wants more spending.

Lol at complaining that Trump isn't cutting enough when literally every democrat candidate and every democrat congressperson wants more spending.

Im not complaining that Trump isn't cutting enough, but I do think its funny that conservatives basically don't stand for anything any more. Where is the tea party and other groups worried about fiscal responsibility?

Obama wanted infrastructure spending too but Republicans wouldn't allow it. So the only difference is that Republicans only care about spending when Democrats are in power.

Obama wanted infrastructure spending too but Republicans wouldn't allow it. So the only difference is that Republicans only care about spending when Democrats are in power.

Hmm, think it had anything to do with the fact that he and Pelosi had just prior passed the largest federal expansion of health care in history? Or that they passed a $1T stimulus bill that was supposed to have "shovel ready" infrastructure projects already included?

Cutting CDC funding sounds like an exceptionally bad idea right now. I'm glad this dumb orange drug addict isn't in charge of the actual budget.

Im not complaining that Trump isn't cutting enough, but I do think its funny that conservatives basically don't stand for anything any more. Where is the tea party and other groups worried about fiscal responsibility?

Find me a conservative who is ok with the current budget deficit. To a person, every one of them are not happy with it. 85 is probably the biggest trump supporter here and I'm willing to bet that even he isnt happy about it.

This may be the most unaware post I've ever read. Obama's stimulus was based on 700 billion dollars worth of infrastructure spending.

But please tell me what infrastructure exactly it is that needs more funding from the federal government.

Cutting CDC funding sounds like an exceptionally bad idea right now. I'm glad this dumb orange drug addict isn't in charge of the actual budget.
Why does that sound like a bad idea right now? Is there a good time to do it?

Find me a conservative who is ok with the current budget deficit. To a person, every one of them are not happy with it. 85 is probably the biggest trump supporter here and I'm willing to bet that even he isnt happy about it.

Oh give me a break, I guess I missed all the tea party rallies and what not going on just like they did during the Obama administration.

It doesn't matter if he isn't happy with it, he supports Trump no matter what Trump does (as do many others) so there is obviously not going to be any blowback from his supporters. Him not being happy about it is absolutely meaningless.

This may be the most unaware post I've ever read. Obama's stimulus was based on 700 billion dollars worth of infrastructure spending.

But please tell me what infrastructure exactly it is that needs more funding from the federal government.

The most unaware post you've ever read? I would say your post is the most overly dramatic for no reason post I have ever read then.

Speaking of being unaware, if you don't think infrastructure needs improvement then why are you addressing me and not Trump supporters, since infrastructure is one thing Trump has harped on his entire time in office?

Last edited:
The most unaware post you've ever read? I would say your post is the most overly dramatic for no reason post I have ever read then.

If you don't think infrastructure needs improvement then why are you addressing me and not Trump supporters, since infrastructure is one thing Trump has harped on his entire time in office?

Just tell me where we need more infrastructure spending from the federal government.

Infrastructure is just a buzzword that they use to justify increased spending. In reality it's all taken care of by local and state taxes or utilities.

the problem is the dem and rep politicians are essentially the same. they all love to spend money

Just tell me where we need more infrastructure spending from the federal government.

Infrastructure is just a buzzword that they use to justify increased spending. In reality it's all taken care of by local and state taxes or utilities.

Why are you addressing this to me and not Mike, since he was the one applauding Trump spending money on infrastructure? I was simply pointing out the differences in Republican attitudes depending on who was in office. Follow the thread and understand the point before you try and start to throw insults at people.

Why are you addressing this to me and not Mike, since he was the one applauding Trump spending money on infrastructure? I was simply pointing out the differences in Republican attitudes depending on who was in office. Follow the thread and understand the point before you try and start to throw insults at people.

I'm more than happy to direct this at both of you, I was just following the posts in this thread.

"Infrastructure spending" is a joke and it has been for years. We hear it from every politician in every election cycle. Just going back to 2008, when it really became a talking point, the US govt has spent 40 trillion dollars and yet they haven't been able to get things up to date? It's a joke. Trump is just following suit and by doing so he's part of the joke.

I'm more than happy to direct this at both of you, I was just following the posts in this thread.

"Infrastructure spending" is a joke and it has been for years. We hear it from every politician in every election cycle. Just going back to 2008, when it really became a talking point, the US govt has spent 40 trillion dollars and yet they haven't been able to get things up to date? It's a joke. Trump is just following suit and by doing so he's part of the joke.

Nothing to do with my point, but thanks for sharing I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT