ADVERTISEMENT

Trump 2021 budget proposal

trump should take some money from the military budget and throw it at infrastructure. jk that will never happen.

Nothing to do with my point, but thanks for sharing I guess.
Then what's your point other than republican=bad? Do you want more infrastructure spending? If so, what infrastructure needs more funding?

Then what's your point other than republican=bad? Do you want more infrastructure spending? If so, what infrastructure needs more funding?

I didn't comment one way or the other if we need more infrastructure spending so I have no clue why you chose to go this route with me and not Mike, who was applauding infrastructure spending.

My point was pretty clear " So the only difference is that Republicans only care about spending when Democrats are in power", but you apparently think that is the most unaware thing you have ever read, or something.

I didn't comment one way or the other if we need more infrastructure spending so I have no clue why you chose to go this route with me and not Mike, who was applauding infrastructure spending.

My point was pretty clear " So the only difference is that Republicans only care about spending when Democrats are in power", but you apparently think that is the most unaware thing you have ever read, or something.
K. No big deal.

trump should take some money from the military budget and throw it at infrastructure. jk that will never happen.
It’s super frustrating that everyone thinks, we’ll let’s just cut the military. Or when candidates demonize the military industrial complex. It’s so much more complex than just cutting out military programs.

For instance, we are providing stability in many places in the world through the presence of our military. While it would be nice to just cut and let those countries pick up the slack, they won’t do it. So then you’d have military incursions into places like ME, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe. No big deal, right? Except that markets hate instability, so now you have to deal with economic consequences. And so on and so forth.

It’s super frustrating that everyone thinks, we’ll let’s just cut the military. Or when candidates demonize the military industrial complex. It’s so much more complex than just cutting out military programs.

For instance, we are providing stability in many places in the world through the presence of our military. While it would be nice to just cut and let those countries pick up the slack, they won’t do it. So then you’d have military incursions into places like ME, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe. No big deal, right? Except that markets hate instability, so now you have to deal with economic consequences. And so on and so forth.
Can't disagree with the fact that its complicated and in some ways it does serve in our best interests to keep it up, but at the same time we can't just do this forever. Doesnt there have to be a point of diminishing returns? I have to think that eventually either we lose our ability to police the world or it's no longer necessary for us to do it, so do we wait until we can't anymore because we are broke and have no ability to address a major problem if it arises, or protect our interests even if it means other countries are suffering?

My point is that my taxes are as low as ever, and Trump is once again spending on things that affect Americans and everyday things that we have to deal with. Our infrastructure, safety (Military), energy from shale, protecting our boarders, etc. He’s doing all of this and spending the same or less as Presidents before him that were throwing money at Pakistan, Japan, Iran, etc. These countries either harbor terrorists and Japan is plenty rich enough to take care of their own defense.
Trump is wasting a little more of taxpayers money on the only thing that I care about. The space program. That even could turnout to be a positive from a military standpoint

we spend more money than the next 20 something countries combine. there is waste everywhere, especially in the defense budget. a 5% cut would be a great start.

we spend more money than the next 20 something countries combine. there is waste everywhere, especially in the defense budget. a 5% cut would be a great start.
There is a group in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) that looks at spending and tries to cut waste and redirect monies. They convene regularly. At the beginning of this year, amidst Iran trying to go nuclear, chemical weapons having been recently used by Syria and terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan, and an emerging virus from China, they decided to cut $100 million out of the budget of the organization that develops defense against nuclear attacks, chemical attack, and biological attacks and epidemics. It doesn’t make a lot of sense. That is a significant portion of their budget.

I have no faith that they can wisely trim waste when there are politics in play and the military is looked at by Congressmen as a jobs program for their districts.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Once in a Blue Moon Wayne makes a damn good point. This is one of them.[thumb2]

Yes, let's mindlessly gut the defense budget for whatever reason and not address the actual drivers of cost growth in this country.

There is a group in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) that looks at spending and tries to cut waste and redirect monies. They convene regularly. At the beginning of this year, amidst Iran trying to go nuclear, chemical weapons having been recently used by Syria and terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan, and an emerging virus from China, they decided to cut $100 million out of the budget of the organization that develops defense against nuclear attacks, chemical attack, and biological attacks and epidemics. It doesn’t make a lot of sense. That is a significant portion of their budget.

I have no faith that they can wisely trim waste when there are politics in play and the military is looked at by Congressmen as a jobs program for their districts.
well the osd isnt doing a good enough job then. the spending is out of control everything thing in the budget, military included needs to see a reduction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT