ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Impeachment # 2 Thread

Trump is as guilty as sin of inciting the riot. The attack on the Capitol was the culmination of weeks of his complete and utter nonsense about "Stopping the Steal"

Without Trump, none of this would have happened. He was the instigator of the whole moronic thing. And he also had A LOT of enablers. Republicans who knew better kept their mouths shut and allowed the right-wing media and their sycophants to perpetuate the idiotic notion that a President -- who was trailing in all of the polls and who lost the EC by six states and over 7 million votes -- had the election 'stolen' from him. Words have meaning. Stolen is a powerful one.
Exactly. Words have meaning. Thats why he isnt guilty of inciting an insurrection.

And he didn't direct people to commit a crime. He told them to march to the capitol, which isn't a lawless action. Had he said "go to the Capitol and bust in" that would be directing a lawless action.
Christ, what the hell do you think this rally was all about, Crazy??!?

The Capitol building was closed to the public. So how exactly were Trump's supporters supposed to "walk down to the Capitol" and "cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women"?

Then Trump added, "and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated."

What was Trump's intent here? The election had been decided and certified weeks ago.

Christ, what the hell do you think this rally was all about, Crazy??!?

The Capitol building was closed to the public. So how exactly were Trump's supporters supposed to "walk down to the Capitol" and "cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women"?

Then Trump added, "and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated."

What was Trump's intent here? The election had been decided and certified weeks ago.

We both know what his intent was, but that isn't the point. He didn't direct people to commit a crime. If you can't recognize that I don't know what to tell you. Like you said, words have meaning. "March to the capitol" isn't the same as "break into the capitol".

We both know what his intent was, but that isn't the point.
Actually, it IS the point. Trump incited the riot at the Capitol, there's no ifs, ands, or buts, about it.
Like you said, words have meaning. "March to the capitol" isn't the same as "break into the capitol".
You just said you knew what his intent was. So did everyone else.

Trump's intent was to disrupt the EC vote count in Congress. It's the reason why we watched for hours before the national guard got called in.

Actually, it IS the point. Trump incited the riot at the Capitol, there's no ifs, ands, or buts, about it.
You just said you knew what his intent was. So did everyone else.

Trump's intent was to disrupt the EC vote count in Congress. It's the reason why we watched for hours before the national guard got called in.
Did he directly tell people to commit crimes?

Did he directly tell people to commit crimes?
Despite zero evidence, did he directly tell his supporters he had the election stolen from him?

Did he directly ask his supporters for their financial support to 'Stop the Steal' through the courts?

Did he directly ask GOP Governors, Secretaries of State, and legislators to overturn the will of the people?

Did he directly ask his supporters to come to Washington for the vote count promising it would be 'wild!'?

Did he directly ask those who attended to march to the Capitol and 'show strength'? (I'm curious, how do you 'show strength' outside a closed Capitol building?)

Despite zero evidence, did he directly tell his supporters he had the election stolen from him?

Did he directly ask his supporters for their financial support to 'Stop the Steal' through the courts?

Did he directly ask GOP Governors, Secretaries of State, and legislators to overturn the will of the people?

Did he directly ask his supporters to come to Washington for the vote count promising it would be 'wild!'?

Did he directly ask those who attended to march to the Capitol and 'show strength'? (I'm curious, how do you 'show strength' outside a closed Capitol building?)
He did all of those things. None of them are a crime.

Okie Dokie. The House of Representatives felt otherwise. By the time we get to the Senate Trial, I wouldn't be surprised if Republican Senators agree.
Simple yes or no, is it illegal to incite people into action?

When the action itself is illegal, yes.
So if Biden told people to go out to the polls and make sure Trump is defeated, and somebody went and killed Trump voters at a polling place, is Joe guilty of inciting murder?

Ha that’s how mafia dons get off. He never explicitly said to shoot him to death. He was just suggesting cement boots as a fashion statement*
Ok. I'll reverse this. Say that a football coach gives a speech to his team before the game and says "let's go kill these guys!", and then a player grabs a gun and literally kills the other team. Is the coach liable for directing someone to commit a crime?

Those people that stormed the White House are morons. I voted for Trump twice and I didn’t even know that it happened until later in the evening that day. They are adults and they made the decision to storm the Capitol building which wasn’t going to accomplish a damn thing

Reactions: Crazyhole

It's amazing how many times you have to spell out the common sense truths for these redhat morons and they still don't understand. SMFH

• Dislike
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Exactly, get the party changes underway and help themselves....but no...too stupid
If any of you were suddenly placed in the position to be the Chair of the Republican National Committee, what do you do?

I understand that Republicans in Congress 'played the game' in hopes of inheriting Trump's base. But they assumed - wrongly - that Trump was only playing a game too. Now that this insurrection business has gotten serious, they find themselves between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

But at this point, the Republican Party has not only driven their van off the road, they've driven it off a cliff. As things currently stand, there is NO WAY they are going to win a Presidential election in the foreseeable future. Anyone who believes that that GOP -- without a MAJOR reboot -- is ready to challenge again anytime soon is delusional.

The only way I see the GOP becoming viable again is if the Democrat Party splits apart as well.

If any of you were suddenly placed in the position to be the Chair of the Republican National Committee, what do you do?

I understand that Republicans in Congress 'played the game' in hopes of inheriting Trump's base. But they assumed - wrongly - that Trump was only playing a game too. Now that this insurrection business has gotten serious, they find themselves between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

But at this point, the Republican Party has not only driven their van off the road, they've driven it off a cliff. As things currently stand, there is NO WAY they are going to win a Presidential election in the foreseeable future. Anyone who believes that that GOP -- without a MAJOR reboot -- is ready to challenge again anytime soon is delusional.

The only way I see the GOP becoming viable again is if the Democrat Party splits apart as well.
I've been hearing this for my entire adult life. The GOP won't go anywhere because the democrat party isn't a viable alternative.

Okie dokie. But you might want to be careful about betting on the GOP candidate for President in 2024 and 2028.
I wonder if the South Dakota governor will still be kind of hot in four years. She would be fun. Not as fun as Trump, but he has a talent for annoying the thin skinned that is unmatched.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Those people that stormed the White House are morons. I voted for Trump twice and I didn’t even know that it happened until later in the evening that day. They are adults and they made the decision to storm the Capitol building which wasn’t going to accomplish a damn thing

Many of those people were retrieving the stuff they brought with them to do the attack on capitol while trump was speaking, and finishing his talk telling them to peacefully and patriotically march on the capitol. The capitol police who earlier had requested national guard help because of warnings that some were planning the attack were ignored by those who could have stopped this before it ever happened.
Okie Dokie. The House of Representatives felt otherwise. By the time we get to the Senate Trial, I wouldn't be surprised if Republican Senators agree.
The same house that ignored Maxine waters telling here supporters to harass not only trump but also people in his cabinet, and said she felt emboldened to take Trump out. The same House that ignored pelosi and others stirring up violence during the riots. This vote is simply about racism, hate the orange man.

Kind of hot?
Well she is at an age where 4 years could be huge as far as looks. I admit that is rude but it could be important. Given the last two presidents that have been chosen, people obviously don’t vote for presidents based on their politics. Trump was a cult of personality and Biden’s appeal is to fans of Weekend at Bernie’s. Why not vote based on looks?

Careful. You do know that Google scans the internet twice a day for people spreading ideas against the party, right?
Did you know that even if you don't have a Facebook account, they have a log of your IP address and every site you visit that does have a Facebook account?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT