ADVERTISEMENT

Trump job approval hits new high as voters rally during crisis

money-banking-sarcasm-shop_assistants-store_assistants-lotto_ticket-lotto_winner-mba0463l.jpg

Got it.

What's on the agenda for today?
Trying to follow how many more new cases NY and the rest of the country gets. Looks like that’s the only gauge to see when this hell will end. Sort of

It is human nature to rally around our leaders during times of crisis. As sure as the sun comes up in the east, approval ratings for our leaders are going to go up. But it's the extent of the increase that tells the full story.

Yes, Trump's approval rating this past month went up a whole 1% to 48% overall. But compare that to the Republican Governors in Maryland (84%) and Ohio (83%) where their numbers skyrocketed up over 20% and where Trump's approval ratings are 33% and 49% respectively.

By the way, Democrat Governors are receiving widespread support too. New York 'horrible' Governor Cuomo is at 81% Washington's Inslee is at 74% and California's Newson is at 79%.

So I'd be careful talking about Trump's "all-time high" job approval rating of an whopping 48% if I were you.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
“It is human nature to rally around our leaders during times of crisis”

Yeah. So get on board and stop being a negative Nebraskian

Reactions: Crazyhole
It is human nature to rally around our leaders during times of crisis. As sure as the sun comes up in the east, approval ratings for our leaders are going to go up. But it's the extent of the increase that tells the full story.

Yes, Trump's approval rating this past month went up a whole 1% to 48% overall. But compare that to the Republican Governors in Maryland (84%) and Ohio (83%) where their numbers skyrocketed up over 20% and where Trump's approval ratings are 33% and 49% respectively.

By the way, Democrat Governors are receiving widespread support too. New York 'horrible' Governor Cuomo is at 81% Washington's Inslee is at 74% and California's Newson is at 79%.

So I'd be careful talking about Trump's "all-time high" job approval rating of an whopping 48% if I were you.
How Cuomo can be at 81% is a mystery. He had led literally the worst state response in the nation

How Cuomo can be at 81% is a mystery. He had led literally the worst state response in the nation
What’s the explanation for this? His state has more cases than any other COUNTRY and he wasn’t prepared.

So many great leaders. Make one of them president.

What should he have done differently?
Developed a vaccine, had 100,000 ventilators stockpiled, 5 million masks, and saw this coming years ago, or at least in January

The same things that Trump should have done just multiplied by 10

Reactions: Crazyhole
Developed a vaccine, had 100,000 ventilators stockpiled, 5 million masks, and saw this coming years ago, or at least in January

The same things that Trump should have done just multiplied by 10
Cuomo will have the churches filled by Easter. Play a lot of golf. Hold campaign rallies. Fight with governors. Call it a hoax. It will be tremendous!

Cuomo will have the churches filled by Easter. Play a lot of golf. Hold campaign rallies. Fight with governors. Call it a hoax. It will be tremendous!
He wouldn’t have any of those. Only 10 million dead. Don’t leave out his strengths

The key is that they have experience and they understand the issues unlike Trump.
Remember.., a pandemic doesn’t happen everyday. There’s a little more to being president. By the way, where has experience got Cuomo? Or is it the name that got him elected?

Remember.., a pandemic doesn’t happen everyday. There’s a little more to being president. By the way, where has experience got Cuomo? Or is it the name that got him elected?
Experience allows you to know what to do and what is available during crisis. It matters.

Who knew that the attack on Pearl Harbor was on the Governor of Hawaii's watch, not FDR's?
Back then, they didn’t play the blame game. They blamed that on Japan, not FDR for not moving the entire Pacific fleet out of Pearl Harbor. Or even possibly FDR having some knowledge about it in some manor.

They didn’t play the blame game even in that disaster until recent times. Hindsight is 20/20. Shocking

Last edited:
Reactions: AAC6800
I don’t think that I would or have ever blamed a president (even democratic) for his lack of preparedness for a pandemic

Now.., Obviously it’s different. It’s just one of those things. Blame China

Back then, they didn’t play the blame game. They blamed that on Japan, not FDR for not moving the entire Pacific fleet out of Pearl Harbor. Or even possibly FDR having some knowledge about it in some manor.

They didn’t play the blame game even in that disaster until recent times. Hindsight is 20/20. Shocking
They did blame FDR for having knowledge of it so that he could have a reason to get into WW2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT