ADVERTISEMENT

Trump rips big pharma

So let me get this straight, prior to yesterday, Trump had no problems with Merck and the industy's pricing practices. Once Frazier resigned from the council, though, "Big Pharma" are now crooks and scammers. I swear, my preschooler behaves better than this clown.

Reactions: MACHater02
So let me get this straight, prior to yesterday, Trump had no problems with Merck and the industy's pricing practices. Once Frazier resigned from the council, though, "Big Pharma" are now crooks and scammers. I swear, my preschooler behaves better than this clown.

He's been saying drugs and care are too high for a while, at least since the primaries started up.

Oh look, another liar on the board.

From a March 21, 2017 article:

Trump went on to call the U.S. medicine prices "outrageous," especially when compared to identical products in other countries. "Why? You know why? Campaign contributions. Who knows. But somebody's getting very rich. Medicine prices will be coming down. Way, way, way down," he said.

This has become a common refrain with Trump, who has demanded lower drug prices in the U.S. in exchange for laxer Food and Drug Administration regulations and lower corporate taxes.

Feb 2, 2017 Article:

The Oval Office meeting, which was closed to the press after opening remarks, included an issue vital to most people not inside the room: the high price of pharmaceuticals.

“We have to get prices down,” the president said in his public introduction. “We have no choice.” He suggested several means toward that end, but veterans of the decades-long battle to lower drug prices say the proposed ideas are unlikely to accomplish anything—at least not without also harming patients.

Feb 2, 2017 Article:

The Oval Office meeting, which was closed to the press after opening remarks, included an issue vital to most people not inside the room: the high price of pharmaceuticals.

“We have to get prices down,” the president said in his public introduction. “We have no choice.” He suggested several means toward that end, but veterans of the decades-long battle to lower drug prices say the proposed ideas are unlikely to accomplish anything—at least not without also harming patients.

Why do you let facts get in the way of a good story?

Oh look, another liar on the board.

From a March 21, 2017 article:

Trump went on to call the U.S. medicine prices "outrageous," especially when compared to identical products in other countries. "Why? You know why? Campaign contributions. Who knows. But somebody's getting very rich. Medicine prices will be coming down. Way, way, way down," he said.

This has become a common refrain with Trump, who has demanded lower drug prices in the U.S. in exchange for laxer Food and Drug Administration regulations and lower corporate taxes.
Liar, no. I honestly didn't know he had addressed this before.

That doesn't change the fact that he impetuously lashed at Frazier for resigning from the council.

That doesn't change the fact that he impetuously lashed at Frazier for resigning from the council.

Just saying. Maybe you should render your own advice and think and learn before saying something. Like preschoolers are taught to do.

He didn't addressed it before, he mentioned it, and whatever he mentioned was so stupid that it 1) wasn't going to work and/or 2) would actually hurt people

Most of the left conveniently speaks before understanding

He didn't addressed it before, he mentioned it, and whatever he mentioned was so stupid that it 1) wasn't going to work and/or 2) would actually hurt people

lol! Your hatred for the man is laughable.

lol! Your hatred for the man is laughable.
Why? It is in your quote:
Feb 2, 2017 Article:

Trump has the perfect solution, a beautiful solution for every problem the US has but we are still waiting for details on the first one of any of those solutions. BTW, I like your idea from the beginning but we don't need Europe to do anything, the US can allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices and set a 10% maximum surcharge for the same drug sold anywhere else in the US. That would force big pharma to spread the R&D costs of a new drug between more countries, eat the difference or wait longer to recover their investment.

I know it will never happen

Why? It is in your quote:

Trump has the perfect solution, a beautiful solution for every problem the US has but we are still waiting for details on the first one of any of those solutions. BTW, I like your idea from the beginning but we don't need Europe to do anything, the US can allow Medicare to negotiate drug prices and set a 10% maximum surcharge for the same drug sold anywhere else in the US. That would force big pharma to spread the R&D costs of a new drug between more countries, eat the difference or wait longer to recover their investment.

I know it will never happen

You must drink tons of water to stay hydrated with how salty you are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT