ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 power rankings: Oklahoma and Texas emerge as big favorites in conference race

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001

Big 12 power rankings: Oklahoma and Texas emerge as big favorites in conference race​

Story by Kellis Robinett, The Wichita Eagle •19h

I'm semi-joking here, but it's time for Yormack to prove how good of a Power 5 commissioner he is and instruct conference refs to lean against "The Big 2". LOL. Isn't that how these things work? UCF sure has been on the other side of bad conference ref calls. It's our turn? Right? LOL.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I'm semi-joking here, but it's time for Yormack to prove how good of a Power 5 commissioner he is and instruct conference refs to lean against "The Big 2". LOL. Isn't that how these things work? UCF sure has been on the other side of bad conference ref calls. It's our turn? Right? LOL.
Yormack's comments at texas tech have opened some eyes to this possibility people are watching he would be a dummy to try something like this.

Looks pretty certain that one of the two will be able to throw the B12 championship belt in the trash at the end of the year.

AAC Refs didn’t call some obvious holds on USF and some of our other opponents last season

Way to early in the year to make statements like that. Just now getting into conference play.

Exactly. Oklahoma has only one defensive player on the All-Big 12 preseason team. Texas has just two.

I will say Oklahoma is playing much better on defense than I thought. PFF lists seven players in OU's front seven among the top 250 players at their positions. Texas has only three.

Given that the majority of the Oklahoma guys are Alex Grinch recruits, I am really surprised by the rankings.

Last edited:
Exactly. Oklahoma has only one defensive player on the All-Big 12 preseason team. Texas has just two.

I will say Oklahoma is playing much better on defense than I thought. PFF lists seven players in OU's front seven among the top 250 players at their positions. Texas has only three.

Given that the majority of the Oklahoma guys are Alex Grinch recruits, I am really surprised by the rankings.
If we only win 1 more game this season please let it be against Oklahoma!

Only a few of Riley's players that he recruited are still on OU's team.

Most of the roster is Sophomores and Freshman or Transfers

So far for the new teams, only the analysis on UCF and Houston was right- they are horrible and we're probably what was expected. Then again, the season is long and Cincy and BYU could lose every other game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT