ADVERTISEMENT

Covid deaths pushing toward 5k per day.

Is Covid-19 worse than the flu?

• Total voters
If Trump instituted a lockdown like Europe did, I would have praised the decision. Naturally since that was the path I wish we would have followed. Honestly right now I don’t really care about Trump. I will take it upon myself to keep my family at home and safe in the near term until we have a better understanding and better treatments or a vaccine for the virus.
I'm not going to lay this solely at your feet, but for months on this board the conservatives have been asking the leftists to take a position on things prior to a decision trump makes and never get an answer. That's why the leftists here have entirely discredited themselves. What do you think should be done moving forward in regards to decisions that trump makes so we have some semblance of a record on whether this is TDS or a genuine opinion

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I'm not going to lay this solely at your feet, but for months on this board the conservatives have been asking the leftists to take a position on things prior to a decision trump makes and never get an answer. That's why the leftists here have entirely discredited themselves. What do you think should be done moving forward in regards to decisions that trump makes so we have some semblance of a record on whether this is TDS or a genuine opinion
Nationwide stay at home order for 14 days. To potentially be extended pending a peak in new cases and deaths reported.

Nationwide stay at home order for 14 days. To potentially be extended pending a peak in new cases and deaths reported.
Not disagreeing with that suggestion, but how can it possibly be enforced? And should it happen in areas with zero cases of the virus?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Not disagreeing with that suggestion, but how can it possibly be enforced?
This is serious. We're at WAR! We need leadership who takes it as serious as that. If we do, then we have a chance to dramatically shorten the life cycle of the virus for this year. But where is the seriousness when we have a President who is actually talking about filling the pews for Easter Sunday when this thing is only beginning to hit the U.S.? This is asinine.
should it happen in areas with zero cases of the virus?
We have no way of knowing where the pockets of zero cases are and, more importantly, how long they will remain virus free.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
Not disagreeing with that suggestion, but how can it possibly be enforced? And should it happen in areas with zero cases of the virus?
It should be nationwide. There are few areas (if any) with zero cases. And there will be even less going forward. Enforcement isn’t as important as a unified message from our leaders to shelter in place. Rather than the haphazard way some states are doing it. Hell some state governors are overruling cities stay at home orders. Again, the goal isn’t to throw people in jail or fine them. It’s to keep people like my brother in law from trying to take my nephew to the playground this weekend because he lives his life in accordance with Trumps Twitter feed.

when we have a President who is actually talking about filling the pews for Easter Sunday when this thing is only beginning to his the U.S. is asinine.
I’ll wait until he actually does it. In a hotspot

This is serious. We're at WAR! We need leadership who takes it as serious as that. If we do, then we have a chance to dramatically shorten the life cycle of the virus for this year. But where is the seriousness when we have a President who is actually talking about filling the pews for Easter Sunday when this thing is only beginning to hit the U.S.? This is asinine.
We have no way of knowing where the pockets of zero cases are and, more importantly, how long they will remain virus free.

Are you capable of typing a response that doesn't include a criticism of Trump?

More to your point, why is it asinine to suggest that there are areas that arent infected?

It should be nationwide. There are few areas (if any) with zero cases. And there will be even less going forward. Enforcement isn’t as important as a unified message from our leaders to shelter in place. Rather than the haphazard way some states are doing it. Hell some state governors are overruling cities stay at home orders. Again, the goal isn’t to throw people in jail or fine them. It’s to keep people like my brother in law from trying to take my nephew to the playground this weekend because he lives his life in accordance with Trumps Twitter feed.
Can you give me an example of where people arent being encouraged to shelter in place?

What is asinine is to think that we will continue to have 'virus-free zones' in a country without a national stay-at-home order.
So you want martial law. YOU cannot leave your house without permission of the government. The same government led by Trump. You ok with that scenario?

3/17 - 23
3/18 - 40
3/19 - 56
3/20 - 49
3/21 - 46
3/22 - 113
3/23 - 141
3/24 - 225
3/25 - 247
3/26 - 268
3/27 - 400
3/28 - 525
3/29 - 363
3/30 - 573
3/31 - 912

Yesterday was a bad one. We're getting to the point where this will be killing more people every day than all forms of cancer combined.

3/17 - 23
3/18 - 40
3/19 - 56
3/20 - 49
3/21 - 46
3/22 - 113
3/23 - 141
3/24 - 225
3/25 - 247
3/26 - 268
3/27 - 400
3/28 - 525
3/29 - 363
3/30 - 573
3/31 - 912

Yesterday was a bad one. We're getting to the point where this will be killing more people every day than all forms of cancer combined.

Yes, but what about abortions?

Yet with the drug mix almost nobody is dying. All these Democrat Governors mocking Trump over the game changer comments have egg on their face. Especially in Michigan where doctors were threatened with lawsuits if prescribed the medicine. Government in all its glory! Trump probably needs someone to step in and help Cuomo. Lack of leadership and grandstanding.
Yeah, it's the whole country bud. Not sure how much you're paying attention but 4 or 5 days ago we only had one state with over 25 deaths in a day. Now there's like 6 or 7 hitting that number.

Trump controls the FDA. If he thought it was a good idea he could suspend FDA regulations and make the drug available for a first line treatment.

Don't blame the democrats when Trump has the power. If it was actually a game changer he could sign an EO tomorrow. It's his agency that is holding approval back.

The truth is that it's more dangerous than we know right now. There's a reason he doesn't just swipe a pen and cure coronavirus. That reason is that its too dangerous.

Showing 27 deaths in Florida. The number of cases in New York State is insane.
It's not real. Cuomo wants the federal government to bail them out of their prior malfeasance that led to near bankruptcy so he and NBC are sensationalizing this.

It's not real. Cuomo wants the federal government to bail them out of their prior malfeasance that led to near bankruptcy so he and NBC are sensationalizing this.
tenor.gif

And Pelosi and a large list of Democrats didn't want to stop travel. Pelosi also encouraged people to party in Chinatown like a fool. Hindsight is easy
Hindsight on March 9th?

It's only hindsight if you're dumb as hell. Trumps daily briefings warned of c19 disaster in January and February.

Random posters here knew it was going to be serious before the president and he has the whole IC and CDC at his disposal.

Hindsight on March 9th?

It's only hindsight if you're dumb as hell. Trumps daily briefings warned of c19 disaster in January and February.

Random posters here knew it was going to be serious before the president and he has the whole IC and CDC at his disposal.

I started a thread on 22 January expressing concern.

And yet to these trump apologists, the president is off the hook because HINDSIGHT? He equated it to the flu on March 9th. Less than a month ago.
Just stop and think about this: Ninja started a corona virus thread in January. Yet Trump -- the guy who's job it is to protect the American People -- was ignoring his health advisers like Dr. Fauci and was still poo-pooing it into mid-March for crying out loud!!!

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Just stop and think about this: Ninja started a corona virus thread in January. Yet Trump -- the guy who's job it is to protect the American People -- was ignoring his health advisers like Dr. Fauci and was still poo-pooing it into mid-March for crying out loud!!!
Had to give his cronies a chance to peace out of the stock market.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Trump had the China travel ban in late January and included other countries after that. This while Democrats called him racist. So he did take it seriously.
Bullshit. It was part of his new "China is the corona virus enemy" PR campaign.

If Trump was REALLY serious about it, he'd have restricted all international travel into the country to returning permanent residents, and only then after testing and a 14-day voluntary quarantine.
Some of his comments were just trying to calm the public.
Instead of pure bullshit like "we have it under control," he should have been sounding the alarm to stay at home. Literally thousands of Americans are dying because our country was painfully slow to act -- even though the US had the benefit of being one of the last countries hit.
Stop being a beta.
Stop being a clueless dickhead.

Back to the it's racist to ban China travel...lol. The country that spread the virus and completely hid important information about it. He did something before almost anyone agreed with it and even before hindsight. There would have been additional weeks of air travel from China if dementia man was in charge. Hindsight yes Trump should have banned all international travel at that time. China wasn't exactly giving us a lot of data though. You can't just shut down the economy without serious data. So far the death rate is low enough on the healthiest Americans, distancing will be fine.

But some random guy in Nebraska could have done better...lol.
So we should have just stranded Americans overseas until the rest of the world gets this under control?

Ninjaknight wanted to shut down the entire country in January, when it wasn’t a threat and almost no cases. Even before “Dr. Fucti”
[roll]

Yet even now some states STILL don’t want to have a travel ban, especially Coumo
[roll]

I wanted to shut down the country in November! Damn that Trump!

JAN. 20

Other countries, including the United States, confirmed cases.
The first confirmed cases outside mainland China occurred in Japan, South Korea and Thailand, according to the World Health Organization’s first situation report. The first confirmed case in the United States came the next day in Washington State, where a man in his 30s developed symptoms after returning from a trip to Wuhan.

JAN. 31

The Trump administration restricted travel from China
The Trump administration suspended entry into the United States by any foreign nationals who had traveled to China in the past 14 days, excluding the immediate family members of American citizens or permanent residents.

FEB. 2

The first coronavirus death was reported outside China.
A 44-year-old man in the Philippines died after being infected, officials said, the first death reported outside China. By this point, more than 360 people had died

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT