ADVERTISEMENT

Trumps new Mexico/Canada trade deal

Wall Street loves the Trump trade agenda.

Dow is up nearly 1% on the new N American trade deal.

Even the critics are looking like fools, as NATFA provided less enforcement and far worse terms for the US, than in the new terms. One of these days Progressives will realize that #resist is not just futile, but we might get even better deals if they weren't putting up resistance.

People should dislike Trump where they clearly differ, but better deals and more, real free trade is in their own interest. That's why I get sick of them just as much as Bill Mahr. They are so blinded by their hatred that they want the US to fail in everything.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I see it in a positive light. I liked NAFTA too. I'm glad we expanded it to cover selling cheese to canada.

It's far more than that but you suffer from TDS so you're of course going to the partisan shrill route.

Every article I found highlighted Canada's dairy market and nothing else. I'm waiting for someone to tell me what else it is. You can't obviously.

Aw, did DailyKos not give you your leftie talking points of the day yet?

Here's one, small example that you're too ignorant to look up:

Big changes for cars. The goal of the new deal is to have more cars and truck parts made in North America. Starting in 2020, to qualify for zero tariffs, a car or truck must have 75 percent of its components manufactured in Canada, Mexico or the United States, a substantial boost from the current 62.5 percent requirement.

There’s also a new rule that a significant percentage of the work done on the car must be completed by workers earning at least $16 an hour, or about three times what the typical Mexican autoworker makes. Starting in 2020, cars and trucks should have at least 30 percent of the work on the vehicle done by workers earning $16 an hour. That gradually moves up to 40 percent for cars by 2023

Reactions: UCFWayne
Aw, did DailyKos not give you your leftie talking points of the day yet?

Here's one, small example that you're too ignorant to look up:

Big changes for cars. The goal of the new deal is to have more cars and truck parts made in North America. Starting in 2020, to qualify for zero tariffs, a car or truck must have 75 percent of its components manufactured in Canada, Mexico or the United States, a substantial boost from the current 62.5 percent requirement.

There’s also a new rule that a significant percentage of the work done on the car must be completed by workers earning at least $16 an hour, or about three times what the typical Mexican autoworker makes. Starting in 2020, cars and trucks should have at least 30 percent of the work on the vehicle done by workers earning $16 an hour. That gradually moves up to 40 percent for cars by 2023
thats going to shake him even more

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/01/new-trump-trade-deal-leaves-nafta-largely-intact.html

• It will require 75 percent of auto components to be built in North America, up from 62.5 percent.
  • Forty to 45 percent of auto components will have to be made by laborers making at least $16 an hour.
  • In a concession to Mexican and Canadian business, the deal largely exempts passenger vehicles, pickup trucks and auto parts from possible Trump administration tariffs.
  • U.S. farmers are getting slightly more access to Canadian dairy markets.

Wooooooooooow amazing results!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/01/new-trump-trade-deal-leaves-nafta-largely-intact.html

• It will require 75 percent of auto components to be built in North America, up from 62.5 percent.
  • Forty to 45 percent of auto components will have to be made by laborers making at least $16 an hour.
  • In a concession to Mexican and Canadian business, the deal largely exempts passenger vehicles, pickup trucks and auto parts from possible Trump administration tariffs.
  • U.S. farmers are getting slightly more access to Canadian dairy markets.

Wooooooooooow amazing results!
if these arent amazing results, why didnt bush and obama get better terms?

Reactions: UCFBS
if these arent amazing results, why didnt bush and obama get better terms?
Maybe because they were doing other stuff and we already had NAFTA so why spend so much energy getting NAFTA rewritten for such small differences.

the next 6 years are really going to take its toll on you
I know, now that US can export cheese to Canada my prices will go up here. I enjoy a nice havarti and this is going to really put a pinch on the ole checkbook.

Some of you have FCDS. I said that I am happy with the new deal. I liked NAFTA, why would I be against "NAFTA now with 25% more calcium"

@fried-chicken 's arguments are utterly pathetic.
Won't even give Trump credit where it's due.

Its truly bizarre. This is absolutely a win and a move in the right direction for american manufacturers. It could be more favorable to the US, but that would come at the expense of Mexico and Canada. This simply levels the playing field a little bit and gives the US the opportunity to show how competitive we can be.

Its truly bizarre. This is absolutely a win and a move in the right direction for american manufacturers. It could be more favorable to the US, but that would come at the expense of Mexico and Canada. This simply levels the playing field a little bit and gives the US the opportunity to show how competitive we can be.
FCDS. I said I'm pro calcium fortified NAFTA. No less than 4 time before your post.

Yawn. Don't try and hide from what you were doing. It's all about cheese after all.
I'm pro NAFTAw/C in the same way I'm pro lettuce on a hamburger. I like the burger already. A little lettuce is a nice addition and it's still a burger that I'll enjoy after you add it.

I'm surprised most of you like it though. You spent the last 2 years telling everyone burgers are disgusting.

I'm pro NAFTAw/C in the same way I'm pro lettuce on a hamburger. I like the burger already. A little lettuce is a nice addition and it's still a burger that I'll enjoy after you add it.

I'm surprised most of you like it though. You spent the last 2 years telling everyone burgers are disgusting.

Aw, I see what's going on here. It's another campaign promise fulfilled and it greatly benefits America, so you feel compelled to downplay it and crap on it a little, just to assure that not too much credit goes to the man you hate in office.

Aw, I see what's going on here. It's another campaign promise fulfilled and it greatly benefits America, so you feel compelled to downplay it and crap on it a little, just to assure that not too much credit goes to the man you hate in office.
Crap on it? I said it's a positive change half a dozen times now in this thread.

FCDS

Crap on it? I said it's a positive change half a dozen times now in this thread.

FCDS

Was this before or after you "read" that this entire new deal was limited to selling more cheese into Canada?

You're either totally disingenuous or ignorant. Pick one.

Was this before or after you "read" that this entire new deal was limited to selling more cheese into Canada?

You're either totally disingenuous or ignorant. Pick one.
Most articles lead with the cheese which seems to be the biggest news.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT