ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to be positive…

Guinness_Knight

Five-Star Recruit
Oct 19, 2009
First, I hope JRP is fine and healthy for next week. He played well for almost the entire game.

With that said, if he does have a significant injury, I think it happened at the right time.

My reasoning: The way JRP plays, it’s a matter of when and not if he’s getting injured. This gives Timmy an entire week to prepare and play a game against a lesser opponent. I think that it may also make the coaches call plays that are more traditional vs gimmicky.

I never want to see another gimmicky play.

Yeah, I woke up with kind of the same mindset ("trying to be positive")....

-A win is a win. It's extremely difficult to get out of that place with a win. No matter how we arrived at the final seconds, we arrived victorious. It feels good to be 2-0.
-The kicker has ice in his veins. He's the real deal.
-With that being said, it's almost impossible to ignore that UCF caught a HUGE break when their QB went out of the game. Yes, I know their backup threw a touchdown, etc. But without Green in the game (and his ability to use his legs, run counter plays, etc.), the Broncos became a little bit more predictable and one-dimensional on offense.
-And let's not forget, their top RB was also out last night - another big break. With Holani, Jeanty, and Green - I just don't see how we would have won that game. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
-On the flip side, the offense was rather unlucky at times. I think they played really well, and moved the ball with ease. Obviously the red zone execution was bad (with the drops), but overall the offense was muh better than the score would indicate.
-Lastly, get ready for the Timmy McClain era (at least next week).

Gonna get interesting! Great idea from the team to stay the night in Boise and relax on the flight home easier.

Methinks it's Timmy Time. Beat 'Nova!

Reactions: tjb74
Want to see JRP rest and get ready for conference games.

How do you think we would have fared last night with Obarski?

The best thing watching Boomer kick last night was it looks effortless. The Boise kicker was doing like full body contorsions to get the 56 yarder just over the bar and Boomer hit the screen on 55 yards.

First, I hope JRP is fine and healthy for next week. He played well for almost the entire game.

With that said, if he does have a significant injury, I think it happened at the right time.

My reasoning: The way JRP plays, it’s a matter of when and not if he’s getting injured. This gives Timmy an entire week to prepare and play a game against a lesser opponent. I think that it may also make the coaches call plays that are more traditional vs gimmicky.

I never want to see another gimmicky play.
Gus has always been a gimmick play guy. I hate them!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT