ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane’s Fritz to GT

He probably leaves as soon as officially announced. They may wait until next Sunday to announce. But if you aren’t coaching in Cotton why wait until after CCG?

Reactions: Knight Strength
Would be a completey ass move to not coach them next week...would disgust me if he did not stick around for their championship game.
Rare to stay. Have a lot of hate to say v Frost, but he came back, not many/any would, of course it wasn't all "For the Team' since the win blustered his career, so not at all altruistic, but did work out for both sides.

He’ll fail at GT because it’s a career killer, but good for him. Geoff Collins had roughly 3 years, including a Covid season, to turn that shit heap around. That’s an impossible task. The last dude ran a triple option for ten years because he couldn’t recruit real offensive talent there. They should just keep Brent Key in place and save money for science fairs and shit.

Didn’t even look like Tulane can get fans to come to their own stadium, for the biggest game they had in over 40 years a couple weeks ago. Truly pathetic.
It was shocking to walk into a 1/3 full 30K seat stadium (30% of which was UCF fans) for a #16-ranked team.

Lots of coaching carousel moves this week. Everyone trying to get someone in place before the transfer window opens. This is pretty crazy.

He’ll fail at GT because it’s a career killer, but good for him. Geoff Collins had roughly 3 years, including a Covid season, to turn that shit heap around. That’s an impossible task. The last dude ran a triple option for ten years because he couldn’t recruit real offensive talent there. They should just keep Brent Key in place and save money for science fairs and shit.
"Science fairs and shit" made me lol.

The plus I see is that if he can get some real talent the coastal division is up for grabs. Norvell looks like he's got some momentum building and Dabo will have Clemson at a consistent level but beyond that, so maybe not ACC champs any time soon but I think there's an opportunity there if he can recruit. UGA has been on fire, but I'd imagine a lot of local talent would love to play in ATL should Fritz be able to generate some buzz (no pun intended) and consistency.

"Science fairs and shit" made me lol.

The plus I see is that if he can get some real talent the coastal division is up for grabs. Norvell looks like he's got some momentum building and Dabo will have Clemson at a consistent level but beyond that, so maybe not ACC champs any time soon but I think there's an opportunity there if he can recruit. UGA has been on fire, but I'd imagine a lot of local talent would love to play in ATL should Fritz be able to generate some buzz (no pun intended) and consistency.
He’ll be more successful than Collin’s was because Collin’s got the ball rolling toward a competent offense. GT should be a decent sell because of location, but the tradition, and female talent, the other ACC schools have is hard to look past. A five star recruit, that is eyeing the NFL, probably avoids a school like GT where academic standards are higher, the recent success is none existent, the women are less attractive (it’s also like 70% dudes) and the exposure is weak. It’s not a party school.

I just don’t see that school turning around for football anytime soon.

Agree GT won't turn around soon, and next HC is gone in 3 years. As for the rest of the above, you do know there's another U full of women and parties, literally across the street. They're both slap bang in Atlanta, where I'd bet you could find far more than in UGA. But no, I doubt they ever come out of mediocrity, unless we abandon the farce of 'education' and just have sports as a college pro league. Bring on trading players and free agency, lol.

NEWS REPORT:
Fritz met with the media today ahead of Tulane's conference championship matchup and he was asked about the reports that have linked him to the Georgia Tech head coaching job. Here is what Fritz had to say:

"I talked to the team about it and obviously the initial report gets more traction than the secondary report but I am the head football coach of Tulane, I am extremely proud to be the head coach at Tulane and we are looking forward to the ballgame on Saturday and that is what I told our guys when I visited with them this morning. So... I don't want to talk about those kinds of things, I want to talk about the ballgame."
===========================================================================
HE GONE but doesn't want to talk about the timing of talking to GT being a distraction.
The players are probably bumming over the obvious. We still need to play our best game to beat Tulane's speedy RB who tweaked his ankle in our last meeting.

Guess what is going to determine the winner of this game once again for us?
QB and LB play!!!

He’ll be more successful than Collin’s was because Collin’s got the ball rolling toward a competent offense. GT should be a decent sell because of location, but the tradition, and female talent, the other ACC schools have is hard to look past. A five star recruit, that is eyeing the NFL, probably avoids a school like GT where academic standards are higher, the recent success is none existent, the women are less attractive (it’s also like 70% dudes) and the exposure is weak. It’s not a party school.

I just don’t see that school turning around for football anytime soon.
I think Fritz will do good at Georgia Tech. He was very successful at Georgia Southern and has ties within that state. Should be able to recruit well there.

Feel like Tulane in same boat at this point as UCF was in 2017. Coach saying all the right things you hope to believe but can't really trust it.

GT is reading my comments. Good for them. Spend that money on lasers and calculators. Then fire Key when he sucks. 0-12 2015 OC at G5 to GT head coach. He’s got that Slick Willy Magic!!!
He did serve time at the Nick Saban rehabilitation center for fired Coaches.

Slick Willie still cashing FSU checks.

I think it would be more likely to disagree on the start date rather than care about a leak. Unless he was pissed they couldn’t keep their mouth shut.

I think it would be more likely to disagree on the start date rather than care about a leak. Unless he was pissed they couldn’t keep their mouth shut.
I doubt this is it if there was substantial money involved. Like if his pay was going to go up 1-2 mil/annually at gt, i highly doubt a leak to the media would have him decline and stay at tulane

I doubt this is it if there was substantial money involved. Like if his pay was going to go up 1-2 mil/annually at gt, i highly doubt a leak to the media would have him decline and stay at tulane

Meh, he'll end up at Colorado or elsewhere. No way does Fritz pass up *any* P5 gig . This may be his one opportunity to cash in. Of course, the kids know this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT