ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa game thread

I know Heup's buyout to UCF (if Heup resigns for another job) is presently $10M.

What is the buyout UCF would owe Heup if UCF fired Heup?

(I know, I know, UCF firing Heup now has very bad optics, even though we all see small problems becoming bigger...)
I hear wiLLie Taggart is available.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Heupel is clearly in over his head. His best defensive players are fighting each other, he can’t win games that aren’t blowouts, and can’t even manage a simple 4th and short!

I love Danny White, but Heupel has turned into a losing bet very quickly. Only reason we have won so much in past two years is because of really great Scott Frost recruiting classes.

Picks were on him. Not o line. Get scared and try to throw away and don’t get it out of bounds is on Gabriel. Dude is lost if first option isn’t there.
when you have a true freshman you lift him up when he has these moments, you shift gears with Mack for a drive, you put him in a position where the Defense isn't pinning their ears back on 3rd down after selling out on the run on the first 2 downs.

DG had a terrible 2nd half but if you think he is the only issue here idk what to tell you

They quoted 35-3 record or something late. And huepel has all three make it four now. Dude is bad.

And Gabriel is bad.

Reactions: Floriduhh
Heupel is clearly in over his head. His best defensive players are fighting each other, he can’t win games that aren’t blowouts, and can’t even manage a simple 4th and short!

I love Danny White, but Heupel has turned into a losing bet very quickly. Only reason we have won so much in past two years is because of really great Scott Frost recruiting classes.
Yes sir! You never fight on the FIELD with your own team!!! If you do... umm well you either dont have a team or you dont have a leader.

one of the biggest signs of bad coaching: Not covering. UCF has been terrible ATS this season

when you have a true freshman you lift him up when he has these moments, you shift gears with Mack for a drive, you put him in a position where the Defense isn't pinning their ears back on 3rd down after selling out on the run on the first 2 downs.

DG had a terrible 2nd half but if you think he is the only issue here idk what to tell you
Hes also 18 and a freshman. An athlete no doubt but you can see the fear in his eyes. That's where a true coach follows through.

I just hope Liberty doesn’t watch this game film or they’ll kick our a#+ in the SW Alabama Knights of Columbus Gardenia Classic Bowl!

Reactions: lawknight
I know Heup's buyout to UCF (if Heup resigns for another job) is presently $10M.

What is the buyout UCF would owe Heup if UCF fired Heup?

(I know, I know, UCF firing Heup now has very bad optics, even though we all see small problems becoming bigger...)
I mean it's crazy talk and not happening but he has 8-4 written all over him, maybe the floor won't get Charlie Strong bad but it's tough to see him as a coach that can get us to the NY6 every other year

when the FSU job opened and Heup was listed on the odds I saw someone post about his contract that it is 1 sided and UCF friendly but I don't know if it is accurate. If someone hired Heup before the Bowl game UCF is owed a $10 Mil buyout but if UCF fires him before 2021 we owe 50% of his remaining contract and I think no buyout on top of that. I'm assuming it becomes more expensive to fire him after 2021 in that new deal

And again why haven't we seen winbush all season...hmmm
After seeing Wimbush run the ball on the double reverse, he seemed to have lost a step. While I dont doubt him being a good teammate, I doubt he has the same motivation as he did in 2017.

I mean it's crazy talk and not happening but he has 8-4 written all over him, maybe the floor won't get Charlie Strong bad but it's tough to see him as a coach that can get us to the NY6 every other year

when the FSU job opened and Heup was listed on the odds I saw someone post about his contract that it is 1 sided and UCF friendly but I don't know if it is accurate. If someone hired Heup before the Bowl game UCF is owed a $10 Mil buyout but if UCF fires him before 2021 we owe 50% of his remaining contract and I think no buyout on top of that. I'm assuming it becomes more expensive to fire him after 2021 in that new deal
DW isn’t firing him. Haha

Y’all are lame. Who’s getting drafted on this team? Gabe Davis (who I personally think is overrated) and maybe Jordan Johnson? It’s not like we’re Bama. We recruit the same as the rest of our conference and a regression to the norm was bound to happen. We struck gold with Milton but that doesn’t happen often, just ask USF. Look at the future most of our team is young and I see a bright future.

Y’all are lame. Who’s getting drafted on this team? Gabe Davis (who I personally think is overrated) and maybe Jordan Johnson? It’s not like we’re Bama. We recruit the same as the rest of our conference and a regression to the norm was bound to happen. We struck gold with Milton but that doesn’t happen often, just ask USF. Look at the future most of our team is young and I see a bright future.
My gosh, now there's goats out.

At least this loss came when we had already fallen off the map a bit. Imagine the trolls coming our way if this was the loss to break the streak.
yeah the trolling from the SEC is gone at this point when you are at loss 3 with an AAC East schedule

Last edited:
We have an incredible amount of talent on this team but the same few keep being used in the same unimaginative ways. If something is not working after you’ve tried it repeatedly, try something new. We’re loaded with running backs with differing talents, little used tight ends (although it has improved the last couple games), passing lanes forgotten (remember slant routes?), no under center QB sneaks on 4th and 1, even though we have TWO QBs over 220! Open up the playbook!

At least this loss came when we had already fallen off the map a bit. Imagine the trolls coming our way if this was the loss to break the streak.
Not sure why trolls would come here when we are slamming ourselves more than they could ever do. Same reasons the NGEbraska board was boring this week. Can’t say things that are any worse than they are

Jesus, man. You'd think people on this board never saw college football games outside of our own 2017 and 2018 seasons. It's a younger team struggling to win road games with a true freshman QB. It happens again, and again, and again, and again, and again at every program in the country.

Heup in close games:
Win 31-30 @Memphis
Lost 40-32 @ Fiesta Bowl (playing a game of this magnitude with a backup QB is "sub-optimal")
Lost 35-34 @Pitt
Lost 27-24 @Cincy
Lost 34-31@Tulsa
***Common theme: Inexperienced/young teams or key players struggle on the road***

***Last time we played with a inexperienced/young team or key players was 2016. We went 6-7. Consequently, we were 3-3 at home and 3-3 on the road. Our road wins were: FIU, ECU, and UConn, which isn't saying much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT