ADVERTISEMENT

TWICE this season MACK had led us to VICTORY!!!

What’s your expectation for a 2nd year player seeing first time action?

What was Milton completion % in his first year??

This wasn't his first time seeing action though.

It's not unreasonable to expect a back up QB to come in and continue rolling without missing a beat. That's literally their job. Mack has had entire games to figure it out, but he hasn't. Our offense is crippled when he's on the field. It slows to a grinding halt.

Like I said in another post, if all we can expect is hand off x 100 with the occasional incomplete pass, we're better off trying someone else out there.

This wasn't his first time seeing action though.

It's not unreasonable to expect a back up QB to come in and continue rolling without missing a beat. That's literally their job. Mack has had entire games to figure it out, but he hasn't. Our offense is crippled when he's on the field. It slows to a grinding halt.

Like I said in another post, if all we can expect is hand off x 100 with the occasional incomplete pass, we're better off trying someone else out there.
If we are going to go out swinging, it’s going to be with Mack, so we will just have to accept it and support him. There’s not another option

Jones is too small and even more inexperienced. Does anyone really think that a walk-on who has thrown 1 trick play pass is going to all of a sudden beat Memphis in a CCG?? That’s crazy!

We outscored USF 28-10 with Mack and ECU
37-10 or whatever it was

I want him to do well. And every time he goes onto the field, I think, "ok this is where he starts to roll." But then it's hand off after hand off, or pass attempt that our guys can't hang on to.

I really wonder if he just throws so much differently than KZ, that our guys just aren't used to catching a pass with whatever action he's putting on it. Whether it be speed or whatever. I'm hoping they can figure it out in practice this week, but I'm bracing myself for more incompletes, followed by hand off x100.

It's fair to worry but all of the coaches and players are doing their best. Mack is the best we have and he showed some great moves last night. I've been assuming his throws are off because he's not used to the pressure of a game. Throwing will likely be a focus of practice. I support Mack and Heup 100%

I want him to do well. And every time he goes onto the field, I think, "ok this is where he starts to roll." But then it's hand off after hand off, or pass attempt that our guys can't hang on to.

I really wonder if he just throws so much differently than KZ, that our guys just aren't used to catching a pass with whatever action he's putting on it. Whether it be speed or whatever. I'm hoping they can figure it out in practice this week, but I'm bracing myself for more incompletes, followed by hand off x100.
Brace yourself because we will lean on the outstanding running game and if we put up around 400 rushing yards like against USF should win the game.

And if I'm not mistaken, he has not started at home. Hopefully, the crowd will get behind him Saturday and he can get his confidence and groove going. He CAN throw, just needs to dial it in a bit. He will have the run game to back him up (both his and the backs), and if he can start hitting some of those receivers when they are open he could do very well.

He'll have time to work on his timing with WRs more this week. They dropped some passes on him but get more used to catching the kind of ball he throws.

The biggest difference between he and Milton is the speed of decision making. That’s where Milton is lightning quick and becomes a real X factor in this offense, whereas we see Mack go through his progressions much slower and stare down his receivers more. This is where I hope he can improve in practice this week.

The offense doesn't operate at the same pace and it's clear that the play calling is different as well. Doesn't mean that we can't win or that Mack is terrible, he's just inexperienced and he's not 10 (no one is). We can still beat Memphis and we need to do it for our guy in the hospital. Everyone needs to pick up their game for him.

The biggest difference between he and Milton is the speed of decision making. That’s where Milton is lightning quick and becomes a real X factor in this offense, whereas we see Mack go through his progressions much slower and stare down his receivers more. This is where I hope he can improve in practice this week.
That comes with game experience. Milton looked the same at times as a freshman.

Folks, Mack will be just fine once the game plan setup on what he can do. He has a strong arm and is a run threat. Watch the running game setup the passing game. You will see Mack can make the throws next week.:sunglasses:

Folks, Mack will be just fine once the game plan setup on what he can do. He has a strong arm and is a run threat. Watch the running game setup the passing game. You will see Mack can make the throws next week.:sunglasses:
You know that no matter what, he’s going to get yards running the ball. He’s a beast. He ran for 51 yesterday and USF specifically triied to shut that down

What’s your expectation for a 2nd year player seeing first time action?

Better than he has shown thus far. We have played several young QBs (Aylor at ECU, Russo) who look much better....but doesn't mean we cannot gameplan around him. He needs to be challenged to make some intermediate throws.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
At this point I’m just happy to see him go through progressions. We’ve had QBs in the past who would decide even before the snap where they were going with the ball.

Better than he has shown thus far. We have played several young QBs (Aylor at ECU, Russo) who look much better....but doesn't mean we cannot gameplan around him. He needs to be challenged to make some intermediate throws.
Didn’t the ECU QB have 3 or 4 turnovers that game? Mack had 0 and a blowout win. Yeah he put up more yardage but “looked much better” is definitely debatable.

But ECU and USF aren't Memphis. Wouldn't surprise me if Memphis is favored by 4 or 5.

Need Randy Shannon to call the game of his life on defense. Need Heupel to earn his pay as coach this week.
Win or lose next week. We have one heck of a football program and fans base. Not to mention a great leader in DW. Our team deserves a sold out stadium next week against Memphis. So make sure your butt is in the house next week.

Even Desmond and Pollack were defending UCF this morning as deserving the 4 spot if a couple more losses occur to teams ahead us. Everything changed for the perception of our program Nationally after Game Day and the Cinci game. Pollack even said with KZ hurt we look good enough to beat the 4th best CFP team today.

I think Mack is going to be Great Player for us starting next year. Even if KZ returns I think Mack is going to play a lot. I think Mack has all the tools he just needs more experience.

I, like all UCF fans, am devastated by the loss of KZ. I was at the game and can barely remember anything that happened afterwards I was so in shock. There’s no doubt he has been responsible for so much of our success these last two seasons. BUT don’t even think he could have done it with just any team!!! This is a phenomenal TEAM and continues to be, even without him. The TEAM is who has brought us all of the success and we need to support them now more than ever and let them know we believe in THEM, especially Mack! He is our QB now and it’s time to rally around him. Enough critiques and criticism; it’s not going to change anything but might lead Mack to doubt himself. We are the Knight Nation. Step up, support Mack, tell the team we believe in all of them, and lastly, everyone wear a lei Saturday to let KZ know we’re there for him!!!

Didn’t the ECU QB have 3 or 4 turnovers that game? Mack had 0 and a blowout win. Yeah he put up more yardage but “looked much better” is definitely debatable.

If I remember right, the kid threw for 450 and ran for 150 with a crappy team around him. .....in 7 quarters of play, Mack is still under 200 passing yards.

With Mack taking all the first team snaps in practice this week, I have a feeling our talented receivers will still be a force.

If I remember right, the kid threw for 450 and ran for 150 with a crappy team around him. .....in 7 quarters of play, Mack is still under 200 passing yards.
You don’t remember correctly he had 406 passing on 53 attempts. He had 69 yards rushing. 1 touchdown and 3 turnovers. Mack was 12/20 passing in the ECU game with 3 or 4 drops. He rushed for 120 and a touchdown. 0 turnovers.

You don’t remember correctly he had 406 passing on 53 attempts. He had 69 yards rushing. 1 touchdown and 3 turnovers. Mack was 12/20 passing in the ECU game with 3 or 4 drops. He rushed for 120 and a touchdown. 0 turnovers.

LOL....still proves my point, thanks. Mack hasn't turned the ball over because they haven't let him do much yet....that has to change NOW.

LOL....still proves my point, thanks. Mack hasn't turned the ball over because they haven't let him do much yet....that has to change NOW.
What was you point exactly? That ECU QB looked better airing it out nearly 3 time the number of attempts but turning it over 3 time and with the same number of touchdowns?

But those guys didnt start looking good until they had a few games under their belt.

I think it's a bit early for anti-Mack hysterics. The kid has started 1 game and stepped in behind our star last game.

Yes his passing needs work and I doubt he can reach the elite Milton level this season. But he has a week practicing with the first team knowing he's the starter.

Reactions: Shark59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT