ADVERTISEMENT

TWICE this season MACK had led us to VICTORY!!!

But those guys didnt start looking good until they had a few games under their belt.
This is the problem fans are seeing. Maybe Mack will be like KZ and look inconsistent his first dozen games, but put it all together and be a beast for the next couple years after that. And normally, that would be great.

But it doesn't feel like we have time for someone that needs a full season of starting before they get good. We want another conference championship THIS YEAR. We want to go to another NY6 THIS YEAR. We want to win that bowl and put pressure on the committee THIS YEAR, because we're not sure when we'll have another chance to do this.

And right now, Mack does not look like one of those guys that are good from day 1. He looks like a guy that needs a full year of starter reps at least before he can win games for us.

But it doesn't feel like we have time for someone that needs a full season of starting before they get good. We want another conference championship THIS YEAR. We want to go to another NY6 THIS YEAR. We want to win that bowl and put pressure on the committee THIS YEAR, because we're not sure when we'll have another chance to do this.

Agreed, we need to take the wrapper off him now.....the worst thing we could do is let him play like ECU or last night....that won't get it done against Memphis or a top 10 team. I don't care about a couple of turnovers...he has to test the middle of the field on intermediate routes.

AND we have to be creative......look how pathetic USF was yesterday.....SO vanilla.....and I hate vanilla......we need confetti birthday cake with gummy bears mixed in.

Agreed, we need to take the wrapper off him now.....the worst thing we could do is let him play like ECU or last night....that won't get it done against Memphis or a top 10 team. I don't care about a couple of turnovers...he has to test the middle of the field on intermediate routes.

AND we have to be creative......look how pathetic USF was yesterday.....SO vanilla.....and I hate vanilla......we need confetti birthday cake with gummy bears mixed in.
We've slowed down to an O'Leary ball offense whenever Mack has played. I doubt it's because Heupel wants to slow the offense down.

I think he sees in practice what Mack can handle and what he can't. And what he can handle is a vanilla offense. And it doesn't look like he's mastered that yet.

He did hit Snelson over the middle last night. Looked like the same play that was successful the two prior games. I thought he also made a few nice deep throws, one slightly under thrown to Nixon. I think with some strategic game planning and some confidence he can be efficient.

He did hit Snelson over the middle last night. Looked like the same play that was successful the two prior games. I thought he also made a few nice deep throws, one slightly under thrown to Nixon. I think with some strategic game planning and some confidence he can be efficient.
The Nixon throw was just a bit long. He was open. He will hit that regularly sooner or later

Seems to me like Heupel is throttling it when Mack is in - as long as the scoreboard lets him.

We have no idea what it’s like if he needs to move the ball quickly because we haven’t *needed* to with him at the helm.

ECU we were down early but had the whole game to come back and, against USF, we never were trailing with him in.

Heupel will play to win the game with Mack like he did vs ECU and USF. If that means running primarily. He will do that. ECU and USF games weren’t close in the end so there is not much to say that Heupel won’t let Mack air it out if necessary.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Jones does have more passing TDs than Mack...
True. But in fairness UCF didn’t even get into the red zone until their last scoring drive as they were running it in from 40 yards out. Not sure how that is a knock on Mack.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Mack, hasn't even had a full week of 1st team reps. Can we at least give him that?

Tua has now overthrown two long balls I don’t think he is very good. Why is Saban playing him, they don’t stand a chance to win!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. Also Mcsorley had a several really bad games at passing and everyone thinks he is still a good QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT