ADVERTISEMENT

UCF 2nd Scrimmage

LoboCane

Bronze Knight
Aug 27, 2021
Some feedback from my sources (two guys) who attended the scrimmage.

LB group looked good…it’s expected for them to be much better than last year. Hudson and Harvey did not participate. KJ looked so so. He was off and on…some accuracy issues, mostly due to lack of legit WR and TE weapons. OL could use a couple of legit additions.

Pace the transfer was very active. Threats the UC transfer is at best a depth guy. There’s belief in KJ but also some concerns…he’s definitely not lighting it up in any aspect.

Expect UCF to be VERY active in the upcoming Spring portal.

Some feedback from my sources (two guys) who attended the scrimmage.

LB group looked good…it’s expected for them to be much better than last year. Hudson and Harvey did not participate. KJ looked so so. He was off and on…some accuracy issues, mostly due to lack of legit WR and TE weapons. OL could use a couple of legit additions.

Pace the transfer was very active. Threats the UC transfer is at best a depth guy. There’s belief in KJ but also some concerns…he’s definitely not lighting it up in any aspect.

Expect UCF to be VERY active in the upcoming Spring portal.
Dude, you could have read any of my posts and got this information. The only thing we disagree on is Threats. I think Threats, due to his size, will ultimately challenge for a starting role over Demari Henderson at SS.

Pace is ALWAYS around the football. He is what I would classify as a "football player.' He doesn't ALWAYS make the play, but he ALWAYS seems to be in position to affect the play.

UCF has 10+ scholarships available for the transfer portal.

Needs on offense are at left tackle, right tackle, right guard, X receiver, Slot receiver, and potentially TE (if an all-around guy comes available).

Defensively, UCF needs a SDE and a rush end, and possibly a true No. 1 corner of one comes available.

UCF would take an impact kick returner if available.

If you do the math, that's 10 positions.

I don't know anything about QB so I won't comment.

Last edited:
Dude, you could have read any of my posts and got this information. The only thing we disagree on is Threats. I think Threats, due to his size, will ultimately challenge for a starting role over Demari Henderson at SS.

Pace is ALWAYS around the football. He is what I would classify as a "football player.' He doesn't ALWAYS make the play, but he ALWAYS seems to be in position to affect the play.

UCF has 10+ scholarships available for the transfer portal.

Needs on offense are at left tackle, right tackle, right guard, X receiver, Slot receiver, and potentially TE (if an all-around guy comes available).

Defensively, UCF needs a SDE and a rush end, and possibly a true No. 1 corner of one comes available.

UCF would take an impact kick returner if available.

If you do the math, that's 10 positions.

I don't know anything about QB so I won't comment.
I got the information from two guys. Both were there today to watch part of the scrimmage. One of them is my brother in law who is a UCF grad and donates good money to UCF athletics.

They were allowed to watch warm ups and part of the scrimmage. I’ll confirm tomorrow how much of the scrimmage he was able to see…I don’t believe they were able to watch the entire thing tho. Press was not allowed, so Brandon and people like Lil Leonard have nothing (personally) that they can say.

The other guy I got info from is a booster that has been donating over $50k a year for many years now. He says 7-8 wins right now based on what he has seen…this is on the low side from him as he is usually a lot more optimistic.

Again…the upcoming Sping transfer window will be telling and very important. UCF is far from being set in its roster. Also, whatever walk-on players were added or removed from the official roster is irrelevant…means nothing.

I can see UCF getting 9-10 wins if they add the right guys from the portal. Focus on offense and get KJ some WR and OL help.

Last edited:
Barr the Vandy transfer looked good. The TTU DE transfer Jesiah Pierre also looked good and was in the backfield all day. Antoine Jackson played and flashed, Whittemore caught a TD from KJ, and Ricky Barber had a big day.

The backup QB was McClain and he looked like he has looked in games…inconsistent.Thats all I have.

Last edited:
Again based on the feedback I got (from my brother in law) I now believe UCF can get 9-10 wins if they pick up some quality additions in the portal…mainly at WR and OL.

1st team defense looked much improved…2nd team defense was having issues stopping the run. Once again, Harvey was out

Last edited:
good info

wish this board or anywhere had current student posters to get info, sometimes the best info and rumors can come from there . our mods don’t report anything bc they are scared to upset Gus

good info

wish this board or anywhere had current student posters to get info, sometimes the best info and rumors can come from there . our mods don’t report anything bc they are scared to upset Gus
Yeah…I agree. Miami has a free site CanesInsight that has hundreds of people posting everyday. The owner D$ is super plugged in and provides inside info almost daily.

The information flow from UCF is very controlled. Almost nothing gets out.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Yeah…I agree. Miami has a free site CanesInsight that has hundreds of people posting everyday. The owner D$ is super plugged in and provides inside info almost daily.

The information flow from UCF is very controlled. Almost nothing gets out.
One of the few things I can agree with you on.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Walk-on LB Quentin Hatch #45 has impressed me a little.

Guy is fun to watch. He makes plays on the third team. I would not be surprised to see him flash for UCF on special teams.

LT Amari Kight
LG Jabari Brooks
C Caden Kitler
RG Adrian Medley
RT Marcellus Marshall
TE Randy Pittman
RB Johnny Richardson

NOTE: In the clip, KJ Jefferson sounds like he is huffing and puffing. ... Jabari Brooks looks to be between 20-25 pounds over his ideal playing weight.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT